SAP+ ?

what’s this you say about non-stinky water? 🤔

Maybe the kitchen sink faucet is a bit better but the water at BCV, PBV, and VGF (PBK) STINKS. We are afraid to drink it, my husband doesn’t even want the kids to brush their teeth with it, lol.
I happily drink the tap water when we’re there! Yeh, it’s a bit swampy but it’s never done me any harm!

I happily drink the tap water when we’re there! Yeh, it’s a bit swampy but it’s never done me any harm!
I don’t mean to complain about it— I accept it as the price I pay for a WDW vacation. And I’m happy to brush my teeth with it. I do worry that drinking it could give one of us a stomach ache— I don’t think it’s toxic but don’t want to risk a wasted park day or having a kid suddenly need the bathroom in the middle of a two hour line.

I thought the water in the shower at BRV smelled bad. But I figured maybe I was just imagining it. My husband has such bad sinuses that he never notices the smell of anything so I had no way to know if it was real or not. It almost had a sulphur smell so I was a bit concerned. Though not enough to do anything about it. 🤣 Maybe I should have called maintenance about it though?

I thought the water in the shower at BRV smelled bad. But I figured maybe I was just imagining it. My husband has such bad sinuses that he never notices the smell of anything so I had no way to know if it was real or not. It almost had a sulphur smell so I was a bit concerned. Though not enough to do anything about it. 🤣 Maybe I should have called maintenance about it though?
That's just how water smells in Florida. My wife grew up in the Naples area, and all the water I've smelled/tasted down there was swampy, too. I don't think it's harmful, but it does take some getting used to!

The WL has the worst water in WDW. I’m normally ok with some sulfuric smell/taste, but the lodge is disgusting.

Riviera has the best water in my opinion. You forget you’re in Florida.

what’s this you say about non-stinky water? 🤔

Maybe the kitchen sink faucet is a bit better but the water at BCV, PBV, and VGF (PBK) STINKS. We are afraid to drink it, my husband doesn’t even want the kids to brush their teeth with it, lol.

Wow. I haven't stayed at PBV or VGF/BPK. We did stay at BCV in 2022 but I don't recall noticing a smell when we brushed our teeth. And when we were drinking water, we used our brita anyway ...

or maybe it was so much worse before that it seems "better" now.

That's just how water smells in Florida. My wife grew up in the Naples area, and all the water I've smelled/tasted down there was swampy, too. I don't think it's harmful, but it does take some getting used to!

The WL has the worst water in WDW. I’m normally ok with some sulfuric smell/taste, but the lodge is disgusting.

Riviera has the best water in my opinion. You forget you’re in Florida.
This is definitely a MK area issue. The only place in the actual MK I can buy something is Starbucks because of the water filtration. Frozen Cokes smell like Splash Mountain and it just grosses me out. I can't even take the free QS water in MK.

Maintenance wouldn’t have been able to help…I also get the smell of sulfur most strongly in the shower…sometimes noticeable in the sinks. It wasn’t so bad I didn’t want to linger in the soaking tub though. I just tell myself that I’m at a mineral springs resort. 🤣

Maintenance wouldn’t have been able to help…I also get the smell of sulfur most strongly in the shower…sometimes noticeable in the sinks. It wasn’t so bad I didn’t want to linger in the soaking tub though. I just tell myself that I’m at a mineral springs resort. 🤣
Bath bombs at Basin White shop at the Grand Floridian .... !

Yes, we drank the stinky water for years before we got the Brita filter for our owners locker. It was worse before and tastes like that at other places in Florida. We never got sick, and we've probably gotten used to it. I do appreciate the Riviera water.

Every time I see a CCV contract with a not-too-terrible price, I seriously have to fight the urge! Help! 🤣

To paraphrase Obi-Wan “this is not the help you are looking for.” 🤣
Not only that, but I after reading last night I went to an aggregator site to compare BLT, CCV, AUL and VGC prices ... I may need an intervention.

Bath bombs at Basin White shop at the Grand Floridian .... !

Yes, we drank the stinky water for years before we got the Brita filter for our owners locker. It was worse before and tastes like that at other places in Florida. We never got sick, and we've probably gotten used to it. I do appreciate the Riviera water.

We never drink tap water anywhere. Though we do cook with it at home. I think after a couple days I must have gotten used to the smell because I can only remember being bothered at the beginning of the trip. Definitely not enough to kill my love of BRV, thankfully!

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

The second step is buying more DVC points anyway. :(

I keep telling myself to just hold out for more BRV. But it's getting tough!

I'm also wondering if I'll be waiting years before seeing any contracts 100 points or less at VGC.

We never drink tap water anywhere. Though we do cook with it at home. I think after a couple days I must have gotten used to the smell because I can only remember being bothered at the beginning of the trip. Definitely not enough to kill my love of BRV, thankfully!

I keep telling myself to just hold out for more BRV. But it's getting tough!

I'm also wondering if I'll be waiting years before seeing any contracts 100 points or less at VGC.
There is a 90 out there right now. ;)

You could have 320 pts at VGC which is a week in a 1br in the lower seasons?

We like 6 nights in the 2 lower point seasons. So we need around 204-252 a year. Right now we have 160. Was actually hoping for and extra 75, ideally. At least for now. Or 50 even with some studio stays instead of 1-bedroom. I don't really want to shell out for a bunch since we also want some more BRV. And we aren't made of money, much to my dismay. Just a single income household over here. Ha!

Looking like this is the plan. A little more than I planned (i've given in to the CCV vs BLT = Both), but I’m sure I’ll make it work. ;)
Probably sell the AKV at some point unless Savanna view becomes hard to get in offseason. Either CCV or BLT could end up being 50 depending on the deal to be had.

IMG_3641.jpeg

Last edited:
So are those points you HAVE or points you WANT?
No, its just "want" or plan to get. I currently only have VGC & AKV at the moment. It was just that after all the SAP+ talk, then the CCV vs BLT conversations, I decided this was the right answer. (like I said, either of them could end up being 50 & the AKV could be sold)

I was getting crazy trying to find all these different contracts AKV & BWV that weren't really needed or necessarily the right thing to do, it was just feels, & it helps to talk it out. :)

No, its just "want" or plan to get. I currently only have VGC & AKV at the moment. It was just that after all the SAP+ talk, then the CCV vs BLT conversations, I decided this was the right answer. (like I said, either of them could end up being 50 & the AKV could be sold)

I was getting crazy trying to find all these different contracts AKV & BWV that weren't really needed or necessarily the right thing to do, it was just feels, & it helps to talk it out. :)
Looks like a solid plan, can always alternate between CCV and BLT if you don’t wanna do a split stay. I would say you don’t need to keep those points necessarily in the same use year as the the VGC contract though since I presume you will pretty much be only booking VGC with your VGC points. On the other hand now that you’ve already added AKV to your June UY, might as well keep it all the same I suppose.

Personally I’d prob drop AKV like I saw you contemplating earlier which pains me to say as an owner but you won’t be able to walk a value/club level room with that few points anyways so might as well either own more BLT/CCV or just stick with the 75 you wrote down already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter