SAP+ ?

Chili327

DIS Veteran
So I’m just kinda spitballing & dreaming here, but i started thinking more about dues than point cost, & it puts Poly, CCV, and VGF in a category of possible SAP with a “where you want to stay” factor over a more typical SSR.
I was originally looking at Aulani subsidized (under $7) for SAP then starting thinking about what others would be next on the list (under $8 dues). Now I find myself searching and comparing CCV & Poly, unless a sub Aulani contract pops up less than 200 points.

If all of these are similar in dues (<$8) and similar price point (or point price. lol), then the only real difference in purchasing is the point chart, or am I missing anything?

I also looked at how likely it is that I could actually book the least point rooms at 11 months (without walking) for the period I will travel.

I then looked at what is available at every resort at 7 months.

I found that it is highly unlikely I could book the least expensive rooms and since I travel in August I have availability at a number of resorts but will need to use more points for better view rooms.

The point charts are an often overlooked factor imo. Booking at 11 months at places like VGF or Poly and then moving at 7 months usually means using less points but the problem arises if you need to borrow points to make the 11 month reservation. Sure those borrowed points would be used first when you change the reservation, but there’s not as much flexibility with borrowed points.

Also while dues are ultimately the driving factor for costs during the lift of a contract, the significance of a cheaper initial point cost could mean buying more points at a place like SSR. And you may need more points in order to secure a reservation elsewhere at 7 months, as the higher point category rooms (preferred views or 1BRs) are what’s left at 7 months.

So I’m just kinda spitballing & dreaming here, but i started thinking more about dues than point cost, & it puts Poly, CCV, and VGF in a category of possible SAP with a “where you want to stay” factor over a more typical SSR.
I was originally looking at Aulani subsidized (under $7) for SAP then starting thinking about what others would be next on the list (under $8 dues). Now I find myself searching and comparing CCV & Poly, unless a sub Aulani contract pops up less than 200 points.

If all of these are similar in dues (<$8) and similar price point (or point price. lol), then the only real difference in purchasing is the point chart, or am I missing anything?
Contract expiration year:
CCV '68
PVB '66
AUL '62

AUL sub will always be the most economical...

The point charts are an often overlooked factor imo. Booking at 11 months at places like VGF or Poly and then moving at 7 months usually means using less points but the problem arises if you need to borrow points to make the 11 month reservation. Sure those borrowed points would be used first when you change the reservation, but there’s not as much flexibility with borrowed points.

Also while dues are ultimately the driving factor for costs during the lift of a contract, the significance of a cheaper initial point cost could mean buying more points at a place like SSR. And you may need more points in order to secure a reservation elsewhere at 7 months, as the higher point category rooms (preferred views or 1BRs) are what’s left at 7 months.
I think majority of the MK resorts can work for SAP. All have very long terms remaining and will hold value for simply being near MK. Like you said though, especially with VGF it's point charts are absurd and unless it's a large contract you may not be able to afford the 2BR there to ensure the reservation without borrowing.

I would consider CCV as SAP so you can get some benefit from the home booking window particularly if you like going in December. I know SSR financially is the best option for low dues and cheap buy in cost but I'm the type of person who's like if I'm spending the money on this emotional purpose and over the lifetime I'm paying 90% of the same price, I want that guarantee I'll be able to stay somewhere I truly love.

If your family is more standard size (4-5) you can still consider getting enough points for a 1BR at VGF and then upgrade to a 2BR at 7 months if desired.

When looking at years left and dues, CCV points look like a pretty good option for SAP points.
Yes, they are on the top of my list now... to replace my BRV contract.

Yes, but i'm weighing in the last resort factor, in this "SAP+" scenario. Worst case, im staying where i want to stay, not the last resort.

Contract expiration year:
CCV '68
PVB '66
AUL '62

AUL sub will always be the most economical...
I'm not sure i'll need any contracts past about 2040-ish. So resale value is becoming more of an important factor (which is why i want to replace my BRV 2042 contract)

I think majority of the MK resorts can work for SAP. All have very long terms remaining and will hold value for simply being near MK. Like you said though, especially with VGF it's point charts are absurd and unless it's a large contract you may not be able to afford the 2BR there to ensure the reservation without borrowing.

I would consider CCV as SAP so you can get some benefit from the home booking window particularly if you like going in December. I know SSR financially is the best option for low dues and cheap buy in cost but I'm the type of person who's like if I'm spending the money on this emotional purpose and over the lifetime I'm paying 90% of the same price, I want that guarantee I'll be able to stay somewhere I truly love.

If your family is more standard size (4-5) you can still consider getting enough points for a 1BR at VGF and then upgrade to a 2BR at 7 months if desired.
What scared me off on CCV (until I can actual get in the rooms) is that I heard they had a strange layout since they are converted hotel rooms. I heard the rooms at BRV are better.

I have to go see the rooms before I decide if I should buy there.

What scared me off on CCV (until I can actual get in the rooms) is that I heard they had a strange layout since they are converted hotel rooms. I heard the rooms at BRV are better.

Yea, i will see them for the first time Jan, but i wouldn't expect it to effect anything, i'm easy. ;)

Yea, i will see them for the first time Jan, but i wouldn't expect it to effect anything, i'm easy. ;)
we had a 2-BR last year ‘22 for 2 or 3 nights. Absolutely gorgeous room.

It was definitely one of DW’s all time faves!

I think we used Aul sub points for a split stay so it felt even more special!

My grandkids don’t like the “galley kitchen” setup but that’s because their papa is on the couch and can see what they’re snacking on and wants them to share lol.

I love the storage (both in the kitchen and the hall leading to MBR) and the table that seats 6. I worried before our stay that is hate it based on others reviews. It isn’t bad at all in my opinion.

I'm not sure i'll need any contracts past about 2040-ish. So resale value is becoming more of an important factor (which is why i want to replace my BRV 2042 contract)

This is a sound strategy if you have a decent amount of points given what some 2042 resort are selling for. We have a very strong preference for studios that sleep 5, so we went for BRV over CCV, but only with a small 50-point contract due to the high cost/point/year (it'll meet out needs for one weekend trip per year to WL) . But if that's not an issue for you, you'll come out way ahead in the 2040s...

This is a sound strategy if you have a decent amount of points given what some 2042 resort are selling for. We have a very strong preference for studios that sleep 5, so we went for BRV over CCV, but only with a small 50-point contract due to the high cost/point/year (it'll meet out needs for one weekend trip per year to WL) . But if that's not an issue for you, you'll come out way ahead in the 2040s...
Honestly, I’m not sure what my needs are yet. I haven’t even been there yet. lol
But it feels like it makes sense to me. And yes my BRV is only 50points.
I’m in no rush, and I have time to figure it out, but I also like the current prices of resale. :)

There are plenty of room tours on YouTube as well. The one bedrooms are nice, but do have a smaller galley style kitchen on one side of the hallway as you walk into the living room. In my opinion, the generous point charts compensate for it.

*edited to remove actual listings*

Coming from an outsider.... For example (<$8 Dues), 125 point contract for about the same price per point ($150-ish), on 4 day weekend (Halloween) would cost:
  • Poly - 94pts
  • VGF - 92pts
  • BLT - 78pts
  • CCV - 72pts

Also length of contract (resale value)
  • CCV '68
  • PVB '66
  • VGF '64
  • AUL '62
  • BLT '60
So unless you are a huge fan of one resort over the other (value Monorail or walk-path?), CCV seems to be best SAP+ option (for WDW trips).

Last edited:

Coming from an outsider.... For example (<$8 Dues), 125 point contract for about the same price per point ($150-ish), on 4 day weekend (Halloween) would cost:
  • Poly - 94pts
  • VGF - 92pts
  • BLT - 78pts
  • CCV - 72pts

• CCV '68
  • PVB '66
  • VGF '64
  • AUL '62
  • BLT '60
So unless you are a huge fan of one resort over the other (value Monorail or walk-path?), CCV seems to be best SAP+ option (for WDW trips).
I would suggest adding SSR data since it is the traditional goto for SAPs…for comparison’s sake.

• Poly - 94pts
  • VGF - 92pts
  • BLT - 78pts
  • CCV - 72pts

• CCV '68
  • PVB '66
  • VGF '64
  • AUL '62
  • BLT '60

It's super hard to make these comparisons as every resort is unique (that's why we own 6 home resorts!).

For example BLT, POLY, and VGF are all on the monorail. But even so, it's hard to compare and put them on equal footing the 340 sq ft studios at BLT which maybe sleep 3 comfortably (4 is quite a stretch and 5 not possible) to the 375 sq ft studios at VGF which, with a capacity of 5, can sleep at least 4 comfortably or the most spacious 450 sq ft studios at Poly. Moreover, while Poly has ~300 (cheaper) standard view studios, and VGF also now has plenty of cheap studios after the addition of BPK, BLT has only 30 "cheap" studios, many of which are often walked, so availability of those standard view studios at 11 months is far from guaranteed. Just try tomorrow at 8am to book for Sep 17 next year and you'll see what I mean. So that cost of 78 points stated above would be 86 points if all you can get is lake view at 11 months out.

As an aside, the whole concept of using the cost to book the "worst" room (smallest room with worst view) as a main criterion of where to buy is still foreign to me coming to DVC from a different timeshare system. In most other systems, the largest rooms with the best views often book much faster than the rest! With DVC I find myself compromising too, especially on room size (less on view) when the stay is shorter , but I would never want to stay in that 250 sq ft tower studio at Riviera even as a solo traveler; that's tiny even by NYC hotel room standards. And, on the other hand, I don't have a problem with the VGF points chart because I feel that the resort quality justifies it.

Last edited:
To me, current resale pricing of BLT, middle of the road points chart and lower dues make it a good SLAP alternative to me. Combined with the upcoming renovation, extra bathroom in the 1 and 2 beds and monorail all make it a no brainer.

....I also think annual dues should be overweighed we speaking of SLAP as the whole idea is value "sleeping around" (i.e. outside your home resort). At that stage every point is equal and only your annual fee and length of contract differentiates "value" (aside from RIV and VDH that can't "sleep around" at all).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter