SAP+ ?

TP- Theme Park

Poly- Hard for us to get excited about this when we go to Aulani….

Poly seems more kitsch-y compared to Aulani. But maybe it's meant to be that way? Not really sure actually. Of course, I'm just basing this opinion off photos/videos.

Theme Park (view).

At the resorts that have multiple view categories, the upgraded views tend to have more availability at 7 months than standard views.

Yeah, that's what I've read. We would have to borrow points to get a non-standard studio next January so that's why I think we'll end up at SSR. (Or nowhere if nothing is available!)

She doesn’t really like FL (West Coast = Best Coast)…. so I’m trying to find places that could get her excited to add it to the rotation.

G+ and LL work so well at DL that we really don’t wait in standby lines longer than 20 minutes anymore…. so looking at the wait time on the MDE app…😱…. it better be a nice room and have nice dining options….

My southern California native husband is pretty anti-Florida. I'm trying to get him to go to the Florida Keys one of these years and I think I've ALMOST convinced him. Thankfully, I got him to fall in love (or at least like) with WDW back during his first visit in 2008. Though if Epcot didn't exist, I don't think he'd be as into it as he is.

I just want all Disney parks to ditch VQ and ILL. Because of the way those work, I just wasn't able to get on things I wanted to ride so that was annoying. We do have DAS which obviously helps us a lot though.

I’m wondering if the SAB refurb in early 2025 will scare away BCV folks and that will leave more 7m availability in the 2BD….

It seems like if that is available at 7m it should be jumped on for the location alone….
We're taking that SAB downtime to go elsewhere with our BCV points in spring 2025. Seems like a good opportunity to try something different for BCV owners and a good opportunity for non BCV's who don't need SAB to get in there.

She doesn’t really like FL (West Coast = Best Coast)…. so I’m trying to find places that could get her excited to add it to the rotation.

G+ and LL work so well at DL that we really don’t wait in standby lines longer than 20 minutes anymore…. so looking at the wait time on the MDE app…😱…. it better be a nice room and have nice dining options….
No, no I completely sympathize with her. Florida is… Florida. It’s easier to accept once you’re on Disney property lol. When was the last time you all were in WDW? Staying in the bubble is really special and feels so removed from Florida. Even the bus rides around property are great because you know pretty much everyone driving is going to and from Disney resorts and parks, it really is it’s own city.

And I don’t know if we’ve just been really lucky or I’m just really good at booking Genie+ but we also never wait for anything anymore. We may miss a ride we wanted if it books up but that’s why we’re APs and DVC members so we can be more relaxed and not stress about rides knowing we’ll be back super soon. That being said we’re going to Disneyland for the first time next week and I’m super excited and nervous to navigate everything because I want to do so much, the complete opposite of how I am at WDW haha. I hope everyone’s right about how good G+ is over there because we only have 2 days and I really want to maximize our time.

Poly seems more kitsch-y compared to Aulani. But maybe it's meant to be that way? Not really sure actually. Of course, I'm just basing this opinion off photos/videos.

Yeah, that's what I've read. We would have to borrow points to get a non-standard studio next January so that's why I think we'll end up at SSR. (Or nowhere if nothing is available!)

My southern California native husband is pretty anti-Florida. I'm trying to get him to go to the Florida Keys one of these years and I think I've ALMOST convinced him. Thankfully, I got him to fall in love (or at least like) with WDW back during his first visit in 2008. Though if Epcot didn't exist, I don't think he'd be as into it as he is.

I just want all Disney parks to ditch VQ and ILL. Because of the way those work, I just wasn't able to get on things I wanted to ride so that was annoying. We do have DAS which obviously helps us a lot though.
Without EPCOT…… heck without World Showcase…. I’m not sure if we’d go back to WDW….

No, no I completely sympathize with her. Florida is… Florida. It’s easier to accept once you’re on Disney property lol. When was the last time you all were in WDW? Staying in the bubble is really special and feels so removed from Florida. Even the bus rides around property are great because you know pretty much everyone driving is going to and from Disney resorts and parks, it really it’s own city.

And I don’t know if we’ve just been really lucky or I’m just really good at booking Genie+ but we also never wait for anything anymore. We may miss a ride we wanted if it books up but that’s why we’re APs and DVC members so we can be more relaxed and not stress about rides knowing we’ll be back super soon. That being said we’re going to Disneyland for the first time next week and I’m super excited and nervous to navigate everything because I want to do so much, the complete opposite of how I am at WDW haha. I hope everyone’s right about how good G+ is over there because we only have 2 days and I really want to maximize our time.
We’ve only been once…. a rescheduled March 2021 trip.

I hope you enjoy DL… it’s VERY different than WDW…. but we love how compact the parks are and the ability to quickly jump between lands/parks/dining/hotel….

That being said we’re going to Disneyland for the first time next week and I’m super excited and nervous to navigate everything because I want to do so much, the complete opposite of how I am at WDW haha. I hope everyone’s right about how good G+ is over there because we only have 2 days and I really want to maximize our time.
Oh, that is exciting!! Your turn. lol

I think it was like $78 they just told me the total, but pretty sure it was in the 70’s.
I’m not selling for less than I paid $99. ;)

Yeah...not sure I could see such a small contract going for the 70s. Even the bigger ones don't seem to be going that low. Wishful thinking on their part, for sure!

I hope you enjoy DL… it’s VERY different than WDW…. but we love how compact the parks are and the ability to quickly jump between lands/parks/dining/hotel….

Where did you stay during that trip?

Ahhh so when everything was still a bit of a mess. I think y’all need a serious redo soon. Make it a December Grand Floridian trip, there’s very little topping that 🤩

Oh, that is exciting!! Your turn. lol
Thank you! I’ve been to DLP and love the compactness and convenience of it all so I’m looking forward to that for sure! Mostly I’m just really excited to see Walt’s park, you know? And just soak in those vibes and ambiance….and all the rides and parades…oh and the churros! Ok, I have high expectations but I know it’ll be amazing.

One must-not-miss experience?

Thank you! I’ve been to DLP and love the compactness and convenience of it all so I’m looking forward to that for sure! Mostly I’m just really excited to see Walt’s park, you know? And just soak in those vibes and ambiance….and all the rides and parades…oh and the churros! Ok, I have high expectations but I know it’ll be amazing.
Oh, we know!! ;)
True though, don’t let the hype or expectations get too high, but yes, you can feel the difference.

One??
Must view and give Walt’s lamp a hat tip & thank you nod. :tilt: :earboy2:

Top differences… I’m sure already know.
Experience the original Pirates, New Orleans Square, Haunted Mansion (closed, but it should be on your list), Fantasyland including Small World and Matterhorn (feels like WDW Space mountain), should also ride Space Mt… it’s the only thing worthy in DLR’s Tomorrowland. lol (actually I would ride Autopia too, just because)

I would also suggest jumping on the train at Main Street station before you do anything and ride it all the way around just to get your bearing and a glimpse of everything.

Ahhh so when everything was still a bit of a mess. I think y’all need a serious redo soon. Make it a December Grand Floridian trip, there’s very little topping that 🤩

I can’t think of just one….

Attractions:
1) Space Mountain has music
2) Matterhorn is fun, but jerky…kind of a right of passage…
3) The outside of Small World… a masterpiece, especially at night
4) Peter Pan, where the voices sound like the movie
5) Indiana Jones
6) OG Pirates
7) Big Thunder
8) Lunch or Dinner @ Blue Bayou
9) Breakfast or Lunch at Carnation Cafe

DCA
1) Cars Land… all attractions
2) Guardians
3) Soarin
4) Incredicoaster
5) Dinner: Napa Rose, Cathay Circle
6) Special Event: World of Color Desert Party
7) Lunch: Burrito @ studio catering company, Tacos @ Cocina Cucamonga
8) Desert: Ghirardelli

Last edited:
I can’t think of just one….

Attractions:
1) Space Mountain has music
2) Matterhorn is fun, but jerky…kind of a right of passage…
3) The outside is Small World… a masterpiece, especially at night
4) Peter Pan, where the voices sound like the movie
5) Indiana Jones
6) OG Pirates
7) Big Thunder
8) Lunch or Dinner @ Blue Bayou
9) Breakfast or Lunch at Carnation Cafe

DCA
1) Cars Land… all attractions
2) Guardians
3) Soarin
4) Incredicoaster
5) Dinner: Napa Rose, Cathay Circle
6) Special Event: World of Color Desert Party
7) Lunch: Burrito @ studio catering company, Tacos @ Cocina Cucamonga
8) Desert: Ghirardelli

Great advice and tips.

Outside of one thing: It's a Small World makes me want to pull my hair out and usually about 3/4 of the way in , I want to jump out of the ride and run/swim to the exit. I keep telling myself, it'll be better, it's only 10 or 15 minutes....yea well so far it hasn't and I first rode that ride at Disney Land in 1977

Great advice and tips.

Outside of one thing: It's a Small World makes me want to pull my hair out and usually about 3/4 of the way in , I want to jump out of the ride and run/swim to the exit. I keep telling myself, it'll be better, it's only 10 or 15 minutes....yea well so far it hasn't and I first rode that ride at Disneyland in 1977
Yea, on the inside it’s basically the same ride, but the outside is where the difference is.
One looks like something from the 1965 Worlds Fair, the other looks like a themed Best Buy. lol

Great advice and tips.

Outside of one thing: It's a Small World makes me want to pull my hair out and usually about 3/4 of the way in , I want to jump out of the ride and run/swim to the exit. I keep telling myself, it'll be better, it's only 10 or 15 minutes....yea well so far it hasn't and I first rode that ride at Disney Land in 1977
I personally think that Small World is a beautiful message and a nice chance to rest my feet…. but I did specifically say the Outside of Small World @ Night because the ride can be controversial.

But then if we want more points to book 1-bedroom...does buying SAP make more sense for that than buying more BRV? I suspect BRV will always be our top choice for stays.
Let me point out that having a full 1BR worth of points at BRV will mean you can book that 1BR at 11 months. If you add on SAP at a different resort, you’ll be booking a studio at 11 months and hoping a 1BR is available at 7 months. Having all those points at the same resort (and same UY, of course) will make it easier to book somewhere else at 7 months, too.
Poly seems more kitsch-y compared to Aulani. But maybe it's meant to be that way?
Remember that Poly was designed in the late 1960s, when the concept of Hawaiian and Polynesian culture was what you see there. Tiki torches, fruity drinks in coconut shells, hula skirts. So yes, Poly is meant to be what we now consider kitschy.

Aulani was designed as an homage to Hawaiian culture. Joe Rhode spent a great deal of time and effort to create a building and environment that evokes native Hawaii, completely different from 1950s-60s tiki kitsch. Aulani completely blew me away when I walked into the lobby, which was after I had visited historic and cultural locations over several visits (mostly to the Big Island).

I do think Polynesian is kitschy, but in a good way. The fonts and certain things about the resort lean hard into the 1970s “The Brady Bunch Goes to Hawaii” vibe… because the resort itself has only changed so much from its own 1970s origins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter