• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sad News about Rich Hyams

I am shocked! My deepest condolences on your loss.
{{{{}}}}

What terrible news. Our sympathy is with you and your daughter. Rich will be missed.

I've missed Rich's posts. I'm sorry to hear of his passing. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Our deepest sympathies to you and your family Lisa - Rich is definitely missed. His love of OKW and DVC was definitely felt on the boards. This is very sad. Our thoughts are with you and your daughter. :hug:

Dear Lisa,

Every time Rich isn't on the boards, I wonder where he is -- I've missed his presence these last few months.

I'm sorry to hear your sad news. My thoughts and prayers will remain with you, your daughter, and your family. Every time I log on, I'll be reminded of your loss and ours.

Jane

Originally posted by Happy Birthday Cat
In his honor I would like to say that the OKW rooms are really BIG and those hallways at the BWV are very long!

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry when I read that. Thanks, HBC.

God bless, Lisa. Rich will be remembered and missed.

Lisa,
Like everyone else I was shocked and saddened to hear this.

I had the pleasure of chatting with Rich on these boards several times--I admired his conviction and his openness.

To say he will be missed is an understatement.

Our family sends prayers to your family, especially to you and your daughter.:hug:

My family and I feels saddened for your loss. Rich was a welcome and invigorating presence on these boards. We wish the best for you and yours. Keep in your minds and hearts all the wonderful memories that you have been able to share.

One last tribute to Rich :

I'm sure his spot in Heaven is 25% bigger, and he will get there in 25% less time than others .

Thank you for sharing this with us. I would like to add one more to what I know will be an incredibly long list of condolences from the many that Rich touched here at DIS.

I am deeply saddened to hear of your loss. I'm sure none of us will completely comprehend how far and wide Rich reached out and touched people through this forum. I can only imagine how much he meant to those closest too him.

My prayers are with you during the difficult times ahead.

WDW has been bittersweet for me since my parents passed away. We had been dozens of times in the 70s and 80s. For years I didn't go back. But thanks to DVC I have been taking my children to OKW and starting a new generation of memories. And somehow, when we're lining up on Main STreet for that Electrical Parade, I feel like Dad and Mom are peeking out one of those upstairs windows (maybe with Walt) watching the smiles and amazement on my kids' faces with me. And now I imagine Rich will be there, too.

My deepest condolences on your families loss. Rich will certainly be missed here.

Lori

Lisa,

My condolences and prayers to you and your family during this time of sorrow.

Rich was one of the first people I "met" when I came to this board to investigate DVC. His posts were always helpful or humorous - sometimes both; it took me a while to determine when to take him seriously, but they were always a welcome addition.

I'm certain that, whatever the living arrangements are like up there, Rich has some pretty impressive square footage....

:hug:

I am sending a big hug and my deepest sympathies.

:angel:

I have an OKW GV reserved for May and I am sure Rich will be watching all of the OKW GV's very closely. I will think of him when I walk through the door.

I will say a prayer for your family during this very difficult time.

Roxann

This news is truly shocking. Rich was smart and witty. He added a vibrance to these boards that will be missed.

To you, Lisa, your daughter and your family I offer my deepest sympathy.

:hug:

My condolences to you and your family, Lisa.

Old Key West has lost its greatest champion.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Lisa, your daughter, and your family.

PJ

I'm so sorry to hear about Rich, I always enjoyed his posts so much. Hugs to you and all his family.
Lora

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter