• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sad News about Rich Hyams

I am truly sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Lisa,

Thank you so much for letting us know this tragic news. My heartfelt sympathy to you and your daughter.

We have been missing Rich on the boards and to say I'm stunned by this news is an understatement. He certainly was a long time staple on this board and we'll always think of 'what Rich would say" on a variety of topics.

If you are willing, I'm sure many of us would like further information about his arrangements.

Pam

We are so sorry to hear about Rich. He was always an interesting person here on the boards. He will be sorely missed!

Tracy and Scott

So sorry for your loss.

I loved reading Rich's posts and have missed them the last few months - my favorite was when he stayed at the Boardwalk! We almost bought at OKW because of him. We did end up purchasing at the Boardwalk and thought of him the first time we walked down those loooong halls!

Our sympathy to you and your family. :(

Lisa:

I am sorry for your loss. Rich was a frequent poster here and he will be missed.

My prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time. I will miss Rich. He made his presence and opinions known in such an entertaining way - I always knew things would get exciting when he posted! God bless you.

I too have missed Rich's posts and his delightful sense of humor. I was thinking just the other day about Rich and wondering where he had been. I'm so sorry to hear that he has passed on. You and your daughter will be in our thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.

Rich was one of the first people I ever "met" on these boards, way back in 1998. I got to know so much more about DVC, through his posts. I loved his wry sense of humor.

Deepest condolences to his family. You are in my prayers.

Another DVC-er here saddened by this tragic news. My thoughts are with you and your daughter, may you find some comfort in all the wonderful memories you have.

Sharing my condolences, Lisa, on Rich's passing. So very sad. I never really had any interaction with Rich here, as we am not DVC members. But I do know Rich had a presence here you so well described in your sad posting telling us of his passing. He will be missed. Again, my condolences to you, your daughter and all your family.

Dan

Lisa,
I am so sorry. I will miss Rich. I always enjoyed his contributions to this board. His posts were always very worthwhile and very entertaining. Bless your heart for thinking about us here on this board at this very difficult time.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter.

-DC

I am shocked to hear this. He was a big part of the DVC boards. I always looked for his opinion, whether we agreed or not, he always gave a good point of view.

I admired that he home schooled his daughter and went on special trips to Disney with her.

From his trip details, your family shared DVC trips in the Grand Villa with many other family members. What a wonderful family the three of you made.

When ever I get to stay in a Grand Villa myself, Your family will be in my thoughts.

Tigger

Lisa, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. For years, I have been a silent lurker on these boards, and Rich’s posts were always some of my favorites to read. I especially got a kick out of reading the responses from new folks on this forum, just after Rich shared some of his classic opinions. They never knew what hit 'em! Sooner or later, everyone seemed to get his sense of humor.

I was just thinking of him, this week, and even did a search to find out when he last posted. His veteran knowledge of DVC has been missed.

Ryan

Lisa, this is indeed sad news about Rich's passing. You and your daughter have our deepest sympathies at this difficult time. richymans is certainly a legendary figure here on the DVC boards. Again, our condolences are your loss.

Ruth & Paul Markham

Lisa,
Thank you for thinking of us and letting us know about Rich. I've missed his posts and wondered where he'd been. Our deepest sympathies go out to you and your daughter. He will be missed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter