Rumors that Disney is in negotiations to sell Star Wars back to George Lucas!

One of my fears with this series is the required watch of Rebels to fully understand what is going on in the series. I just think the animation Star Wars fans and the live action fans don’t always overlap.
I'm one of those, I've never watched Rebels (don't have a desire to do so), haven't watched Clone Wars (again no desire to do so). I have watched the first season of Bad Batch, but I've not got around to watching the 2nd season yet.

I do plan on watching Ahsoka, but that is another that I've not got to yet. I normally wait until there are at least 3 episodes available before I start watching a streaming series so that I can just knock a good chunk of them out one weekend afternoon.

So hopefully it will make sense to me.

Psy

One of my fears with this series is the required watch of Rebels to fully understand what is going on in the series. I just think the animation Star Wars fans and the live action fans don’t always overlap.

Yea agreed. I've seen some of it, enough to kinda keep up. Plan to watch it all some day, but not for quite a while.

Wouldn't mind seeing the period with Anakin and Ben and Ahsoka fighting Maul etc though. But again that means material from animation. Maybe they will some day.

I'm one of those, I've never watched Rebels (don't have a desire to do so), haven't watched Clone Wars (again no desire to do so). I have watched the first season of Bad Batch, but I've not got around to watching the 2nd season yet.

I do plan on watching Ahsoka, but that is another that I've not got to yet. I normally wait until there are at least 3 episodes available before I start watching a streaming series so that I can just knock a good chunk of them out one weekend afternoon.

So hopefully it will make sense to me.

Psy

There are several youtube videos that recap things that are important form Clone Wars/Rebels - I'll let anyone find their own as you might have your own favorite Star Wars fan channel. Also, if you wanted to watch just some key episodes, there is an Ahsoka Tano Key Episodes section on the Disney+ home screen right now.

Also, to add, most everything is covered in the opening crawl that you really need to know. That said, I do think it's a failing of some of the recent big franchises to rely so heavily on story being told outside of the core narrative. "Everything is Connected" is one thing - "Everything is Necessary" is another, and it's a fine balance.

I do think it's a failing of some of the recent big franchises to rely so heavily on story being told outside of the core narrative. "Everything is Connected" is one thing - "Everything is Necessary" is another, and it's a fine balance.
Yeah, don't get me started about that major Grogu plot development in "The Book of Boba Fett"... 👿

Here's a good article from the Washington Post titled, "9 things to know before watching ‘Ahsoka,’ the new Star Wars series":

https://wapo.st/3PbA6sO

That link will work for nonsubscribers for two weeks.

I watched the first episode of "Ahsoka" but plan to read that article before I go on to the second episode.

Yeah, don't get me started about that major Grogu plot development in "The Book of Boba Fett"... 👿

Here's a good article from the Washington Post titled, "9 things to know before watching ‘Ahsoka,’ the new Star Wars series":

https://wapo.st/3PbA6sO

That link will work for nonsubscribers for two weeks.

I watched the first episode of "Ahsoka" but plan to read that article before I go on to the second episode.

Or when some things happen in books - I don't even read them, but I stay pretty plugged in to major happenings. It would be hard for a casual fan to do that though.

I briefly looked through this Youtuber's videos and he seems to have a very strong anti-Disney bias. I wouldn't trust anything he says at face value in terms of Disney selling the rights to Star Wars IMO.
He's part of a whole anti Disney/anti inclusion/only the original fans are the 'real' victims crowd. Unfortunately I worked for a show and this group was part of our fanbase so I had to deal with them. They usually have about a 1% fact to 99% wild speculation ratio. However if and a BIG if, Disney was going to sell IP, George is one of the few people who probably has the backing to do it.

He's part of a whole anti Disney/anti inclusion/only the original fans are the 'real' victims crowd. Unfortunately I worked for a show and this group was part of our fanbase so I had to deal with them. They usually have about a 1% fact to 99% wild speculation ratio. However if and a BIG if, Disney was going to sell IP, George is one of the few people who probably has the backing to do it.
This type of fanbase isn't unique to Disney but they're equally annoying. I mainly occupy gaming and anime circles on social media and these type of people give me a migraine. They believe their opinion is the ONLY one that matters. These videos are 100% clickbait for that rabid base and shouldn't be taken as fact.

This type of fanbase isn't unique to Disney but they're equally annoying. I mainly occupy gaming and anime circles on social media and these type of people give me a migraine. They believe their opinion is the ONLY one that matters. These videos are 100% clickbait for that rabid base and shouldn't be taken as fact.
Former Star Wars podcaster and blogger, and yeah. They're the worst. One of the reasons we're no longer involved.

Former Star Wars podcaster and blogger, and yeah. They're the worst. One of the reasons we're no longer involved.
Ahhhh to be blissfully unaware of podcasting/blogging... I know they are very popular and cover pretty much any topic you could wish, but I have never listened to one, and never plan to. Often I can barely handle listening to people prattle on in real life... never mind voluntarily tuning into hours of recorded 'opinions' on X,Y or Z. No real proof beyond my sketchy opine... but I think there is a huge bias towards negativity in a lot of media.

I'd posted in another thread about watching Ahsoka, but will repeat some here.
Watched Tuesday night, and have re-watched first episode. There are so many details I missed, and want to see again. Wow! what great storytelling. Just like starting a great arc from Clone Wars, or to me, very reminiscent of the pace/ story building from the prequels. Seeing everything in live action was awesome ! Lothal looked incredible. Sabine was great in live action. I'm still adjusting to both Ahsoka and Hera's portrayals, especially Hera. I just don't think this actress is capturing her essence/voice etc from Rebels, but it didn't take away from the story. I"ll get used to it. Ahsoka is still very sullen, quiet, introspective, but I know there's good reason for it. I very much hope she'll have some more light hearted moments as the series goes on. Looking forward to more in depth explanation of hers and Sabine's training. and looking very forward to finding out more about Baylon, his story, where he's been since Order 66.
All of the lightsaber battles were fabulous. The actions sequences very well done.I know all series can't be as good as Andor. I do think it lacks a certain level of tension/drama, like a moment that just drew us in. Although the last scene of the 1st episode was pretty tense...This is more like Mandalorian in the balance of tension, characters, cuteness, etc. Very overall Star Wars feel to it, which I expected with Filoni.
I'm trying to imagine what it would be like to watch this w/o having seen Rebels. idk, would be missing so much. I also recommend watching the recommended Dinsey + Clone Wars/Rebels episodes that feature Ahsoka, to get ready.

Last edited:
Or when some things happen in books - I don't even read them, but I stay pretty plugged in to major happenings. It would be hard for a casual fan to do that though.

Your not alone.

"Every one of these movies is a particularly hard nut to crack," Kathleen Kennedy revealed to Rolling Stone about developing Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. "There's no source material. We don't have comic books. We don't have 800-page novels.

Your not alone.

"Every one of these movies is a particularly hard nut to crack," Kathleen Kennedy revealed to Rolling Stone about developing Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. "There's no source material. We don't have comic books. We don't have 800-page novels.
do think that is a reference to the new character of Rey? who was not in source material?

I'd posted in another thread about watching Ahsoka, but will repeat some here.
Watched Tuesday night, and have re-watched first episode. There are so many details I missed, and want to see again. Wow! what great storytelling. Just like starting a great arc from Clone Wars, or to me, very reminiscent of the pace/ story building from the prequels. Seeing everything in live action was awesome ! Lothal looked incredible. Sabine was great in live action. I'm still adjusting to both Ahsoka and Hera's portrayals, especially Hera. I just don't think this actress is capturing her essence/voice etc from Rebels, but it didn't take away from the story. I"ll get used to it. Ahsoka is still very sullen, quiet, introspective, but I know there's good reason for it. I very much hope she'll have some more light hearted moments as the series goes on. Looking forward to more in depth explanation of hers and Sabine's training. and looking very forward to finding out more about Baylon, his story, where he's been since Order 66.
All of the lightsaber battles were fabulous. The actions sequences very well done.I know all series can't be as good as Andor. I do think it lacks a certain level of tension/drama, like a moment that just drew us in. Although the last scene of the 1st episode was pretty tense...This is more like Mandalorian in the balance of tension, characters, cuteness, etc. Very overall Star Wars feel to it, which I expected with Filoni.
I'm trying to imagine what it would be like to watch this w/o having seen Rebels. idk, would be missing so much. I also recommend watching the recommended Dinsey + Clone Wars/Rebels episodes that feature Ahsoka, to get ready.
I wish they would make the lekku actually prehensile. I am on the fence, they are different, but not necessarily in a bad way to me. It reminds me of how I felt a bit about the portrayal of Ahsoka with the switch in the animation style in CLone Wars vs. Rebels... the voice was the same, but the look was different. I think it helped I saw Rosario as Ahsoka in Mandalorian before I watched Clone Wars and Rebels in prep for Ahsoka.

I think for those on the fence about watching if you have not watched the animated series. Yes it is so much more rewarding if you have watched those before watching the new live action series, but I think it is not a utter requirement... as they so far have done a good job of explaining background stuff in #1 and 2.

Your not alone.

That quote annoyed me because it's not true - there ARE hundreds of novels and comics set after Return of the Jedi. They chose not to use them, which is FINE and an understandable decision because they wanted a clean slate. But then you don't get to complain about having a clean slate. :P

(Especially since they borrowed plots from the books, either consciously or subconsciously - Han and Leia's son turning dark, the grandchild of Palpatine, and a cloned Emperor all come from Star Wars Legends.)

The Star Wars fandom is one of the most divided and most vocal I've ever been a part of. And the toxicity isn't strictly confined to one segment, although some are certainly louder than others. I deliberately limit my engagement with it because it's stressful for me to get shouted down, ganged up on, attacked on a personal level.

I'm not watching this latest series because I find the main character annoying, poorly conceived, overpowered, and a product of the worst kind of fanservice. Her very existence in the story feels like an insult to my intelligence, and contradicts major plot points in the main canon of theatrical films. But I'm not going to go around saying people who feel differently are objectively wrong, or not entitled to their own opinions, not "real fans," or media-illiterate. We just enjoy different things.

It's one of the reasons I wish they would resist the temptation to keep cranking out so much new content. I think both Star Wars and Star Trek aren't doing their own respective franchises any favors in the long run by trying to be the next MCU. But I'm realistic enough to understand that as long as there are paying customers they won't slow down anytime soon.

That quote annoyed me because it's not true - there ARE hundreds of novels and comics set after Return of the Jedi. They chose not to use them, which is FINE and an understandable decision because they wanted a clean slate. But then you don't get to complain about having a clean slate. :P

(Especially since they borrowed plots from the books, either consciously or subconsciously - Han and Leia's son turning dark, the grandchild of Palpatine, and a cloned Emperor all come from Star Wars Legends.)
I agree with you completely here. KK came across as very arrogant here in assuming the movie fans wouldn’t know about the many written forms of Star Wars EU. I also agree that they simply wanted a clean slate. I still maintain if they simply had adapted the good portions of the Timothy Zahn stuff into movies it would have been better received than what Disney chose to do.

I agree with you completely here. KK came across as very arrogant here in assuming the movie fans wouldn’t know about the many written forms of Star Wars EU. I also agree that they simply wanted a clean slate. I still maintain if they simply had adapted the good portions of the Timothy Zahn stuff into movies it would have been better received than what Disney chose to do.

Sure, adapting the Zahn Trilogy would have been great, IF they had made them in like 1992! It simply wasn't going to work 40 years removed from the OT, at least not with the same actors. Moving ahead generationally was the best choice for them.

According to Filoni, George has never considered written works Canon. Just fun exploratory stories within the universe. Only films and shows had been considered Canon by George.

Sure, adapting the Zahn Trilogy would have been great, IF they had made them in like 1992! It simply wasn't going to work 40 years removed from the OT, at least not with the same actors. Moving ahead generationally was the best choice for them.
I'm sure the fan base would've enjoyed and been totally accepting of the choices of the younger actors to portray Han, Luke, and Leia in a Thrawn Trilogy since the original three couldn't play themselves.....

According to Filoni, George has never considered written works Canon. Just fun exploratory stories within the universe. Only films and shows had been considered Canon by George.

Yeah, there were "levels" of canon in the old EU, but George reserved the right to contradict any of it whenever he felt like it. His canon was called "G Canon" and was the Gospel of George truth. Everything else was malleable. If it wasn't directly contradicted by G Canon though, it could generally stand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter