Rumors that Disney is in negotiations to sell Star Wars back to George Lucas!

Sure, adapting the Zahn Trilogy would have been great, IF they had made them in like 1992! It simply wasn't going to work 40 years removed from the OT, at least not with the same actors. Moving ahead generationally was the best choice for them.
They wouldn't make good "movies", but I do wish they had used similar worldbuilding and backstory from Legends.

Forever mad about Mara Jade. :(

According to Filoni, George has never considered written works Canon. Just fun exploratory stories within the universe. Only films and shows had been considered Canon by George.
And sometimes not even then, if he thought of a way to tweak it to make a better story.

It’s the golden rule, Lucas had all the gold / power so he makes all the rules. It is the IP he created, even today I give George the authority as being the main knowledge base of what Star Wars is. I know Disney owns this now, but nothing tops George’s authority to me.

All my opinion here, you are welcome to you on thoughts.

Not sure where this puts it but 14 million views seems pretty good.

And this info comes from Disney+ and not the services others use.

Ahsoka Draws 14 Million Views for First Episode​

The Force was strong with the premiere of Ahsoka — thanks to Star Wars fans.​

StarWars.com Team

StarWars.com Team
August 29, 2023

Lucasfilm and The Walt Disney Company are thrilled and humbled to announce that Part One of Ahsoka, "Master and Apprentice," was the most-watched title on Disney+ this past week. The debut episode garnered 14 million views, making the series number one globally on the streaming platform.
Ahsoka has become a fan favorite with people of all ages and it’s wonderful to see her continue to resonate with viewers in her very own headlining series,” says Kathleen Kennedy, Lucasfilm president. “I want to recognize the fantastic work done by our creative team, led by Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau, the incredible cast led by Rosario Dawson, and our talented crew — and on behalf of the team and all of Lucasfilm, we give our thanks to all the fans who have been with Ahsoka on every step of her journey and to all those who are just learning about her now in Ahsoka on Disney+.”
New episodes of Ahsoka arrive every Tuesday at 6 p.m. PT., only on Disney+.

Last edited:
I saw some samba TV data that says the viewership was around 1/2 of what Obi Wan was. But who the heck knows, there is no real data on this streaming mess! I do agree that 14 million certainly sounds like a large number of viewers for episode 1 to me.

These streamers really don’t want us getting any real data on viewership, because them being we can compare different shows and streaming networks.

I hope to watch it soon, as I have been so busy at work I haven’t had time yet.

Interesting that they can tell us how many views a show has when it's good, but can't reveal streaming numbers at other times. :upsidedow

Interesting that they can tell us how many views a show has when it's good, but can't reveal streaming numbers at other times. :upsidedow
I think they wanted to counter the doom and gloom headline about the Samba TV data. Samba is a terrible metric to use given it's only measuring people who use the app, which is a fraction of the audience. I do wish that they would be more transparent, even if they aren't doing well.

Saw someone mention online that perhaps this release of the views was also for ad-generation purposes since Disney+ is going to ad-supported models. Easy way to get advertisers to pay to be on the platform if they get a portion of those 14 million views.

Episode 4 was fantastic. So much tension and some great lightsaber fights. I'm very pleased with this show.

And now we're getting fun characters in the parks out of it.

Lucky folks in Disneyland. I hope we get more characters in WDW. Would be so awesome .

WDW is always ignored. :(
I do not doubt we will see them at some point in WDW. I think they start in CA as it is easier with the acting pool.

If you remember, y'all were saying the same thing about Din and Baby Grogu when it was announced they would start appearing at WDL.... and yup they showed up eventually at WDW also... patience, the good things will come our way also

Had to look it up... Din and Grogu first appeared in WDL Nov 18, 2022.... they first appeared in WDW March 1, 2023

Sooo... 3-4 months between WDL and WDW... if it is similar then maybe just maybe we can hope Dec-Jan for Ahsoka in WDW?

Last edited:
Had to look it up... Din and Grogu first appeared in WDL Nov 18, 2022.... they first appeared in WDW March 1, 2023

Sooo... 3-4 months between WDL and WDW... if it is similar then maybe just maybe we can hope Dec-Jan for Ahsoka in WDW?
Hmm, I thought I knew most of the acronyms here, but what's "WDL"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter