• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

Breathing.... like this? LOL

tumblr_m9yqo5Zsgu1rtg2mv.gif
I'm cracking up! LOL, it's gonna be a good day, don't you worry! Whatever you choose is going to be aweeeeesome!

Nine days nine days nine days.... starting to really feel the anxiety over crowd levels now. Also starting to wonder if I should ditch MK on Saturday and head over to HS instead. HS is my least favorite park, but it's less likely to be crushed with people due to all the construction...right? :/ Ughhh, I said I wasn't going to adjust my plans any more but I just feel sick to my stomach. Should have bought park hopper :headache:

I've been tracking the wait times on rides the past couple of days and they are back down from what they were last week. Josh from EasyWDW talked about how crazy it was but that the crowds have dropped some. We leave in 2 weeks and I'm not worrying about it. If the wait times stay the same as they are now, we'll be fine.

Good morning. I'm in vacation dreaming mode today. I have been off work due to serious back issues and had tried a gradual return to work for the last couple of weeks. But things haven't worked out and I am back off, in pain and starting to worry. It's not going to be something that is going away anytime soon, if at all.

So, now I'm watching Disney videos to keep spirits up. Truth be told. I am concerned how I will get around WDW in July....actually I am going to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico in 17 days and I'm concerned how I will manage there....so WDW injured is scary as hell. I really don't want to cancel. My son goes to university out of the country and I haven't seen him since Xmas. I really wanted to have this 2 weeks vacation with him (and his twin brother who also hasn't seen his brother since Xmas). It's so important to us.

On a more positive note, I see ROL will apparantly have FP, due to touch points being unveiled. I guess that's a positive. Boo to Shanghai if that's the reason for the delay. I hope Shanghai opens with a bang and has huge profits so they stop robbing WDW to pay for it.

I've been tracking the wait times on rides the past couple of days and they are back down from what they were last week. Josh from EasyWDW talked about how crazy it was but that the crowds have dropped some. We leave in 2 weeks and I'm not worrying about it. If the wait times stay the same as they are now, we'll be fine.

Thank goodness I am not the only one who does that! :laughing: If wait times stay close to what they are now, we will be more than happy. If they go up a little, we'll still be happy. If they hike up to what it was last week.... I guess we'll still be happy but probably pretty exhausted too from all the waiting :)

Thank goodness I am not the only one who does that! :laughing: If wait times stay close to what they are now, we will be more than happy. If they go up a little, we'll still be happy. If they hike up to what it was last week.... I guess we'll still be happy but probably pretty exhausted too from all the waiting :)
Fingers crossed. We'll be at WDW from April 29th to May 14th so hoping our weeks are as light as they are predicted to be. Fingers crossed, fingers crossed.

On a side note re: latest ROL seating pictures ... I wonder if the seating area will be open to guests throughout the day especially considering they are ready for the show with no show in sight. Love the theming and all of the amazing Imagineer touches and it would be a great place to hang out for a break during the day (except for the sun I suppose).

Fingers crossed. We'll be at WDW from April 29th to May 14th so hoping our weeks are as light as they are predicted to be. Fingers crossed, fingers crossed.

On a side note re: latest ROL seating pictures ... I wonder if the seating area will be open to guests throughout the day especially considering they are ready for the show with no show in sight. Love the theming and all of the amazing Imagineer touches and it would be a great place to hang out for a break during the day (except for the sun I suppose).

If those gates are all the way around the theater my guess would be no.

Good morning. I'm in vacation dreaming mode today. I have been off work due to serious back issues and had tried a gradual return to work for the last couple of weeks. But things haven't worked out and I am back off, in pain and starting to worry. It's not going to be something that is going away anytime soon, if at all.

So, now I'm watching Disney videos to keep spirits up. Truth be told. I am concerned how I will get around WDW in July....actually I am going to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico in 17 days and I'm concerned how I will manage there....so WDW injured is scary as hell. I really don't want to cancel. My son goes to university out of the country and I haven't seen him since Xmas. I really wanted to have this 2 weeks vacation with him (and his twin brother who also hasn't seen his brother since Xmas). It's so important to us.

On a more positive note, I see ROL will apparantly have FP, due to touch points being unveiled. I guess that's a positive. Boo to Shanghai if that's the reason for the delay. I hope Shanghai opens with a bang and has huge profits so they stop robbing WDW to pay for it.

I hope you're feeling better soon! Have you considered calling your doctor for advice on getting around WDW? Maybe an electric scooter would be a good idea?

Last edited:
I hope you're feeling better soon? Have you considered calling your doctor for advice on getting around WDW? Maybe an electric scooter would be a good idea?
Thank you. I'm hoping things are better come July...it's a tough thing to consider I would possible need a scooter. I know people use them if needed and it makes the trip doable...but it's a tough thing to consider I may need something like that....

If those gates are all the way around the theater my guess would be no.
From the pictures, It looks like the really cool Imagineered gates with the FP+ terminals are just one point of entry/exit. There appear to be 2 or 3 other entry/exit points on both sides with just short green mini-walls currently across their openings. Pure speculation as to whether they will be left open throughout the day or closed. Time will tell.

From the pictures, It looks like the really cool Imagineered gates with the FP+ terminals are just one point of entry/exit. There appear to be 2 or 3 other entry/exit points on both sides with just short green mini-walls currently across their openings. Pure speculation as to whether they will be left open throughout the day or closed. Time will tell.

I do see the green walls on the side by Nemo, I don't think they were showing the first day they started to remove walls. The image of folks laying out napping, picnics, kids running up and down the rows ...... not a good one. I still would be surprised if they left it open, all it would take is a rope across. Guess we'll see.

I hope you're feeling better soon? Have you considered calling your doctor for advice on getting around WDW? Maybe an electric scooter would be a good idea?
^^^^^^ Get well soon and a scooter may be the way to go.

I'm not going until August and the panic is setting in again. I still have 2 days with 2 ADRs and I will have to get rid of one each day! I really don't feel right being an ADR hog! Guilt is also setting in

DW got stuck with a Hyundai Accent for the rental(was driving a Grand Cherokee) :headache::mad:

The other party's insurance only covered up to a mid-size and the only option was Kia Soul with a cracked windshield so we chose the Economy class Kia. On the plus side, State Farm(their insurance) was 100x more helpful than our insurance company. Accepted full liability for the accident and authorized repairs and our local highly rated shop. Our insurance's preferred shop was rated horribly and they wouldn't have allowed us to take it in until Friday.
Sorry on the rental car. State Farm is my insurance company and I was about to get whatever size car IU wanted. I just had to pay 20%. After the accident, I wanted an armored tank...lol...but took a Toyota 4Runner. Anyway, I'm glad you are getting it all worked out!

Sorry on the rental car. State Farm is my insurance company and I was about to get whatever size car IU wanted. I just had to pay 20%. After the accident, I wanted an armored tank...lol...but took a Toyota 4Runner. Anyway, I'm glad you are getting it all worked out!

I found out Texas state law says they have to give us a comparable car so I called and they switched it with no issues. Really thinking about switching my insurance to State Farm after they've treated us so good.

Are you having to pay 20% on an accident that wasn't your fault?

Thank you. I'm hoping things are better come July...it's a tough thing to consider I would possible need a scooter. I know people use them if needed and it makes the trip doable...but it's a tough thing to consider I may need something like that....
My mom has had surgery on her knees and they really are still bad so she can't make it at WDW without a scooter. Oh and my dad had a blood clot last trip so they shared it...lol. Its a very easy process to rent one. We've rented twice and will rent for this trip as well.

^^^^^^ Get well soon and a scooter may be the way to go.

I have really been getting into the Disney vlogs on youtube, as well! Its really helping to pass the time!

I hope you get to feeling better and can enjoy your trips!

My mom has had surgery on her knees and they really are still bad so she can't make it at WDW without a scooter. Oh and my dad had a blood clot last trip so they shared it...lol. Its a very easy process to rent one. We've rented twice and will rent for this trip as well.

Thank you, I will keep thinking positive and hope for the best. I know renting one isnt hard....it's using one that I'm having trouble reconciling. I just want the best trip ever with my boys. It's their 21st birthday just a month before our trip and we have so many wonderful plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter