• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how it seems to work. Based on what I know about how similar operations work, the ones they sit on are attempted to be matched up to a prospective buyer (aka "the wait list" which is probably a pile of post-it notes for all we know). DVD doesn't want to hold points in inventory, so they'll buy it back only if they can flip them immediately. Hence, they sit on those contracts for a couple of weeks and if there's not a matching buyer, they waive ROFR ("pass" on them).

This makes a lot of sense to me. I get the feeling that we're sitting in that pile given our purchase price ($100 pp @ SSR) is right around the sweet spot that they have been taking them. I thought we had a slightly better chance given the point total of 180. I don't see a lot of contracts with that amount and figured it would be more difficult to find a wait listed person to take it. Just seems to me that most are 100, 150, 160, 200, 250, etc. I took it as a sign for us because our first contract was 90 pts @ PVB and the fact that this would triple our points seemed like it was meant to be, haha.

Emily921---$57-$17088-250-VB-Aug-0/17, 250/18, 250/19, 250/20- sent 10/5
Vero Beach does have some great deals, but I was turned off by the expiration date, was that a factor for you? I guess just use it and when expires either buy more elsewhere or be done? just curious, thank you!

Vero Beach does have some great deals, but I was turned off by the expiration date, was that a factor for you? I guess just use it and when expires either buy more elsewhere or be done? just curious, thank you!

Expiration date and the huge dues bill! Unless you really want to go there, it is better to avoid those huge dues rates.

Expiration date and the huge dues bill! Unless you really want to go there, it is better to avoid those huge dues rates.

And you get the occasional hurricane special assessment as well in case the significantly higher maintenance fees aren't fun enough. I hear it's lovely though (haven't been, myself).

Dustifer---$143.33-$22110-150-PVB-Feb-0/17, 150/18, 300/19-Seller pays MF '18- sent 10/5, passed 10/28

Slight reduction in total cost because closing fees are less than estimated. We just got the closing docs today! Not very confident we'll be able to do anything with the banked 2017 points though.

Mamaroo---$99-$17565-170-BRV@WL-Apr-0/17, 0/18, 190/19, 170/20- sent 10/8, passed 11/2

Passed!!! But now Fidelity is saying that it will be four weeks until I receive my closing docs. Seems like a long time - much more than I was expecting!!

Mamaroo---$99-$17565-170-BRV@WL-Apr-0/17, 0/18, 190/19, 170/20- sent 10/8, passed 11/2

Passed!!! But now Fidelity is saying that it will be four weeks until I receive my closing docs. Seems like a long time - much more than I was expecting!!

4 weeks is pretty standard, most resale contracts take 60-90 days to complete.

Good to know. I figured I had made it through the worst of the waiting. I’m just excited to make that first ressie.

The worst is when they set up the account but then you got to wait for them to load points! (I forget though if that’s only with second purchase as not sure when you get membership number in process)

Your almost there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter