ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, do any of you find it a big deal for planning purposes if your UY on 2 different contracts (same location) do NOT match? say you have AKV June and an AKV August.. pros/cons???? thanks...
I have three different resorts and three different use years spread across four membership numbers and 8 contracts. I can tell you from personal experience that it does make it much easier when you have your contracts in the same use year and in the same account number. The resort is not as important as the use year and account number. Why? Well one problem is if you're trying to book a resort and you don't have enough points in one contract. If you have two or more contracts in the same use year in the same membership number/account number, then, if they are at the same Resort, you can take points from any of the contracts at the 11-month window to book a reservation. And, at 7 months you can take points from any contract from any Resort, even different resorts, to make a booking at the seven-month window. If they are not in the same membership number, in other words if they are in different accounts, even if they're the same use year, and tge same resort, then you will need to call membership services and transfer points. Once these points are transferred you will not be able to see them on the member website. You will not be able to manipulate them and use them to make reservations from the member website. To use them you will always have to call membership services because the online program does not handle transferred points. And keep in mind you can only make one transfer per year. This becomes somewhat limiting and makes it more difficult, time consuming, and decreases your ability to book tight reservations by going to the website early in the morning before membership services is even open.

Is it essential that they all be in the same membership / account number?. No it is not essential. As I said I have several different accounts and I use them. However it is more cumbersome more difficult and less flexible, so if you can get them in the same account, which means they have the same use year, whether or not they are at the same Resort, then it will just be easier for you.

I have three different resorts and three different use years spread across four membership numbers and 8 contracts. I can tell you from personal experience that it does make it much easier when you have your contracts in the same use year and in the same account number. The resort is not as important as the use year and account number. Why? Well one problem is if you're trying to book a resort and you don't have enough points in one contract. If you have two or more contracts in the same use year in the same membership number/account number, then, if they are at the same Resort, you can take points from any of the contracts at the 11-month window to book a reservation. And, at 7 months you can take points from any contract from any Resort, even different resorts, to make a booking at the seven-month window. If they are not in the same membership number, in other words if they are in different accounts, even if they're the same use year, and tge same resort, then you will need to call membership services and transfer points. Once these points are transferred you will not be able to see them on the member website. You will not be able to manipulate them and use them to make reservations from the member website. To use them you will always have to call membership services because the online program does not handle transferred points. And keep in mind you can only make one transfer per year. This becomes somewhat limiting and makes it more difficult, time consuming, and decreases your ability to book tight reservations by going to the website early in the morning before membership services is even open.

Is it essential that they all be in the same membership / account number?. No it is not essential. As I said I have several different accounts and I use them. However it is more cumbersome more difficult and less flexible, so if you can get them in the same account, which means they have the same use year, whether or not they are at the same Resort, then it will just be easier for you.
Awesome, thanks.. you make it sound like as long as you have an EXCEL spreadsheet to track dates, contracts, etc.. you'll be good to go.. Haha... again, thank you... #ROFRDAY19 and waiting... LOL

Simple fact as per Fred’s advice, if you have two use years you’ll likely want to transfer points from one contract to another so you utilise every point and have none left over.
If you value the 1 hour booking advantage online, don’t do it.

Just out of curiosity, do any of you find it a big deal for planning purposes if your UY on 2 different contracts (same location) do NOT match? say you have AKV June and an AKV August.. pros/cons???? thanks...

@thepak92, if you are only sticking with 1 home resort, it is better, much better, to keep them the same UY. (@Matty B13 can tell you why). That way when you are making reservations at 11 months, you can see all the points you have available to make the booking, and you can select which contract you use first. No transfers necessary. The way the booking tool works, you have to select the membership # you are using to make the booking, and you have to match UY *and* home resort to have the same membership #. So if you had AKV June and AKV March, you can't make your booking at once using all the points in your June and March contracts. To contrast, I have 2 BLT Feb UY contracts, say I have 160 points in one and 25 in the other, in my current UY. If I want to make a reservation at BLT that costs 200 points, then I can choose whether to use all my current year points and then borrow 15 from either my 160 point contract or my 25 point contract. Or, suppose that I am thinking of selling my 25 point contract in the next few months, so I don't want a "Can't close until October 2019" on the listing, I could choose to leave the 25 points alone and use all 160 points in the other contract and borrow 40 points from that contract.

Different UY (to me) only makes sense if you have different home resorts and plan to use the contracts separately. For example, we have BLT and VGF - 2 contracts with each home resort, but the 2 BLT contracts are in the same UY and the 2 VGF contracts are in the same UY. We'll almost always plan on using them separately, as we have enough points at each home resort to put together a decent stay using those points alone.

Hope that makes sense?

Update

Preds (seller)---$167-$12200-70-PVB-Aug-0/17, 0/18, 70/19, 70/20-Seller pays MF '18- sent 10/8/18, close on or after 1/15/19, passed 10/26/18

Frederic Civish---$110-$33725-300-AKV-Dec-0/17, 300/18, 300/19, 300/20-Seller pays 2018 due- sent 11/6/18

What do you guys think. I appreciate ANY opinions.

Is this a good price? Should I have asked for a bigger discount because it is high points?

Do you think it will pass ROFR?

Please give me the.benefit of your own point of view. Thanks

Let’s say you take 2 trips to WDW a year. One in the spring and one in the fall. I can see a positive for 2 separate use years. I would treat them as separate contracts and use just one in the spring and one in the fall. Let’s say a March use year for spring trip and August use year for fall trip. If you usually only go once a year, keep one use year. There is no real benefit having one June and one August. Unless it is a really good deal, I would stay with one.

Frederic, I’m a novice at this but I like the deal. I think the 300 points from 2018 are worth around $4,200 if you rented them. That would lower your price to $96 pp. I’d think $110 would likely pass but I’m not sure how those extra points effect things. Good luck to you!

Frederic Civish---$110-$33725-300-AKV-Dec-0/17, 300/18, 300/19, 300/20-Seller pays 2018 due- sent 11/6/18

Is this a good price? Should I have asked for a bigger discount because it is high points?

I think it is a good price, with seller paying MF’s. The December use year seems to be a DVC favorite to buy back. Checking a ROFR blog by one resale company DVC bought back 2 contracts last month for AKV from them. They sold for $108 and $110 pp. buybacks are down which is good for you. Hope it passes. I would not have offered less. AKV is a beautiful resort. We loved waking up and seeing all the animals right outside the window.

#ROFRDAY20 - so in the middle of my WAITING, I've probably done more research than I should have.. it's like going to WEB MD when you have a cold and then discovering everything else that's wrong too... Ha.. anyway... looking at some of the more popular sites.. it seems that December seems to be the most popular UY for resale and Apr/Aug seems to be the least (at least concerning AKV) is there any rhyme/reason for this? My bid that I"m waiting on (first time buyer) is for June, and if wanting to add on points I now understand it best to use same UY, do you think June would be a problem? Thanks ALL!!!!

#ROFRDAY20 - so in the middle of my WAITING, I've probably done more research than I should have.. it's like going to WEB MD when you have a cold and then discovering everything else that's wrong too... Ha.. anyway... looking at some of the more popular sites.. it seems that December seems to be the most popular UY for resale and Apr/Aug seems to be the least (at least concerning AKV) is there any rhyme/reason for this? My bid that I"m waiting on (first time buyer) is for June, and if wanting to add on points I now understand it best to use same UY, do you think June would be a problem? Thanks ALL!!!!

We are waiting on AKV June too. There aren’t that many that come available and I am hoping they don’t snag them.

I think you'll be ok. When waiting for ROFR it's easy to second guess and wonder. When I was looking to add on to one of my contracts, it seemed like there were tons of new contracts listing for every month EXCEPT the one I wanted. And then, when I finally had an offer accepted on what seemed like the perfect contract in the UY I wanted, and I was waiting in ROFR, I saw "better" contracts (same UY, a few more points that would have been helpful, for less $pp) get listed that I couldn't bid on because I was waiting on mine. It is classic ROFR stress.

@Frederic Civish I think that's a good contract. The worrisome thing is all those points coming on in December - and possibly big holiday crowds at WDW (unknowingly) wanting to buy direct! I'll be biting my nails with you.

I just dropped a reservation for early June, at Jambo house.

Last edited:
Our contract was sent to ROFR on 10/16. I'm getting worried that others are hearing back who sent then or later and we have heard nothing yet.

Our contract was sent to ROFR on 10/16. I'm getting worried that others are hearing back who sent then or later and we have heard nothing yet.

crazy4disney06---$85-$4865-50-OKW-Aug-0/17, 0/18, 3/19, 50/20 -main. fee paid 2019- sent 10/16

If it does pass you got a great deal! Good luck

crazy4disney06---$85-$4865-50-OKW-Aug-0/17, 0/18, 3/19, 50/20 -main. fee paid 2019- sent 10/16

If it does pass you got a great deal! Good luck

Thank you. We are hoping it passes, but not looking so good for us. Anyone have any idea if the size of contract makes any difference? I rarely see DVC buy back small contracts from what I can tell.

I thought you were keen on Riviera @Frederic Civish?

Most of the AKV listings at the moment are at least partially stripped. Full 2018 points with Seller paying MF is nice. Good luck, hope you get a speedy waiver :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter