• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jerry5788---$135-$34299-250-BCV-Feb-0/17, 0/18, 500/19, 250/20- sent 10/4, taken passed 10/29

Glad it passed as better UY and point size but now I just got to sell my old BCV.pixiedust:

That contract passed? :idea:

Yes it did! Congrats!

Last edited:

TheEnchantedRose---$87-$23250-260-OKW(E)-Feb-0/17, 260/18, 260/19- sent 10/10, taken 10/31

Of course we had a feeling that it would go. But man, we were still holding out hope.

Is there any rhyme, reason on timeframe for ROFR? It does seem to take a bit longer if Disney takes it back... thoughts? Thanks in Advance

Is there any rhyme, reason on timeframe for ROFR? It does seem to take a bit longer if Disney takes it back... thoughts? Thanks in Advance

I noticed that too, but it is just observation from watching disboards. Dh and I are thinking the ones they do not want to keep get rejected first, then there is a second pile they look at more closely.

Addonitis is real... I tried for another 50 point AKV contract but was out bid.

Side note, just dropped a 2 bdr AKV Value setup in June if anybody wants it.

I noticed that too, but it is just observation from watching disboards. Dh and I are thinking the ones they do not want to keep get rejected first, then there is a second pile they look at more closely.

That's how it seems to work. Based on what I know about how similar operations work, the ones they sit on are attempted to be matched up to a prospective buyer (aka "the wait list" which is probably a pile of post-it notes for all we know). DVD doesn't want to hold points in inventory, so they'll buy it back only if they can flip them immediately. Hence, they sit on those contracts for a couple of weeks and if there's not a matching buyer, they waive ROFR ("pass" on them).

I am
That's how it seems to work. Based on what I know about how similar operations work, the ones they sit on are attempted to be matched up to a prospective buyer (aka "the wait list" which is probably a pile of post-it notes for all we know). DVD doesn't want to hold points in inventory, so they'll buy it back only if they can flip them immediately. Hence, they sit on those contracts for a couple of weeks and if there's not a matching buyer, they waive ROFR ("pass" on them).
I am pretty sure we are in that second pile right now. o_O
Mickey definitely knows what he's doing psychologically with this ROFR process. We are almost considering direct now if this doesn't pass.

Agree with the above: the only exception was a couple of months ago, when it appeared that whoever was handling ROFR was on vacation- EVERYONE was waiting more than the traditional 30 days, after which there were crazy numbers of announcements about pass/taken, and most were still pass. This may happen more than once per year, but this was the first time we and some others waiting had noted it (prob because we were all waiting o_O)

This seems to make a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter