ROFR Thread July to Sept 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disneycouple99---$159-$8525-50-BLT-Dec-0/17, 0/18, 0/19, 0/20-seller pays '20 MF- sent 7/15, passed 9/20
2 addendums needed to get correct contract number.:headache:
Congrats!!

I had to do an addendum on one of mine I submitted on 9/5 to address the fact the points in '19 were borrowed. They said it wouldn't extend ROFR, but looks like yours was extended for the addendums.

Anyone have experience with addendums not extending ROFR?

Last edited:

Oh, I hope not. We made an addendum because we became DVC members during the ROFR (though I'm uncertain if that was extended to Disney, or just noted in our file if it passes), and I'm going crazy enough as it is waiting without thinking it may cause an extension.

I will say, the wait difference between Direct and Resale is significant! With Direct, we literally had our DVC Member number *the same day* our waitlist cleared (and we were only waitlisted for a week) and could log in and see our points and start making reservations, before we even completed all the paper work. With resale, here we are waiting... Of course, the PRICE different is also significant! (We opted to split so that we could have Member privileges, but still save by adding with a resale contract).

Oh, I hope not. We made an addendum because we became DVC members during the ROFR (though I'm uncertain if that was extended to Disney, or just noted in our file if it passes), and I'm going crazy enough as it is waiting without thinking it may cause an extension.

I will say, the wait difference between Direct and Resale is significant! With Direct, we literally had our DVC Member number *the same day* our waitlist cleared (and we were only waitlisted for a week) and could log in and see our points and start making reservations, before we even completed all the paper work. With resale, here we are waiting... Of course, the PRICE different is also significant! (We opted to split so that we could have Member privileges, but still save by adding with a resale contract).

You needed an addendum for that??

Asking because I did the same. I bought direct, and I’m in ROFR right now...

You needed an addendum for that??

Asking because I did the same. I bought direct, and I’m in ROFR right now...

The contract I signed had a section for "Are you a current DVC Member?" and "If so, what is your DVC Membership Number?". As I became Direct, I contacted the reseller (Fidelity, in this case) and they "updated my file and contract." I didn't sign a new contract, though, so maybe it was just noted in their files for if/when it goes through?

The contract I signed had a section for "Are you a current DVC Member?" and "If so, what is your DVC Membership Number?". As I became Direct, I contacted the reseller (Fidelity, in this case) and they "updated my file and contract." I didn't sign a new contract, though, so maybe it was just noted in their files for if/when it goes through?

Ok. I’m not sure, I notified mine and they didn’t seem to care. Just told me to update the closing agent when we get there. You scared me into thinking I’d have to go through ROFR again.

emoneybug---$85-$33411-350-AUL-Aug-0/18, 350/19, 350/20, 350/21- sent 9/23/2019

We ultimately picked Aulani because we live in SoCal and Hawaii doesn't seem that far and it expires in 2062, so wanted to leave it for the kids AND it's one of the lower price p/point on the Resale market. This will add nicely to our 365pts SSR 2012 contract!

Mine was submitted less than a week ago and its already driving me crazy.

I have the perfect temporary cure. Go look for a contract that you would put an offer on should this fail. It keeps you occupied.

Warning: you might find a contract you like better. Then you’ll still be antsy, except now you’ll be conflicted because you want it to both pass and be taken.

I have the perfect temporary cure. Go look for a contract that you would put an offer on should this fail. It keeps you occupied.

Warning: you might find a contract you like better. Then you’ll still be antsy, except now you’ll be conflicted because you want it to both pass and be taken.
That is exactly what I have been doing....You are clairvoyant.

Ha! I have done this as well!
I keep trying to tell myself that no news is at least good news (it hasn't been bought back). But it's 11 days and counting, and I don't know how I'm going to make it to closing waiting like this. It makes me wish money were no issue for me, because then I'd buy all direct just to save myself this anxiety. :)

Hi everyone!

This thread can be an invaluable tool for buyers looking for some help when researching the most up-to-date prices for DVC contracts on the resale market, so I encourage everyone to post their contracts when they are sent to Disney, no matter if they are big, small, or in-between :)!

If you would like me to post your details, PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING LINK TO GENERATE YOUR DATA STRING OR I CANNOT ADD YOU (yes, I am being totally mean this round, as with all rounds!):

https://rofr.scubacat.net

Just plug in all of the relevant data and post the resulting string in its entirety.

If you would like to double-check your entries after using the tool, just know that I need your username at the front and all data in the following order:

DISname---Price per point-Total cost (Price per point x # of points + Maintenance Fees to be paid at closing + Closing fees)-# of points-Home resort-Use Year-# of points available first year (banked or not),# of points current year, # of points following year, and year after that, followed by Date Sent for ROFR.

Please include any other details such as whether the seller is splitting closing or paying current year's MFs. We assume that the buyer pays current year MF and closing, so no need to add those details in writing, only to the total amount.

Then come back and post whether you passed or not using the tool again so that your completed string looks like the sample below. Or I will chase you down! Just kidding. But, in the spirit of helping everyone who uses this thread as a resource, please do let us know whether or not Disney waived your contract so that the data is complete. Please do not simply post that you passed, as I cannot comb through the thread to find your contract.

Sample:

pangyal---$144-$33296-219-VGF-Aug-113/14, 219/15, 219/16, 219/17- sent 8/24, passed 9/16

Please note that I cannot add you if you are missing any of the above details or if your contract has not yet been sent.

Here is a link to old ROFR list threads:

January 2013 - June 2013 at the bottom of page 161
July 2013- December 2013 ROFR List
January 2014-June 2014 ROFR List
July 2014-December 2015 ROFR List
January 2015 - July 2015 ROFR List
September 2015- December 2015 ROFR List
January 2016- March 2016 ROFR List
April 2016- June 2016 ROFR List
July 2016- September 2016 ROFR List
October 2016- December 2016 ROFR List
January 2017- March 2017 ROFR List
April 2017- June 2017 ROFR List
July 2017- Sept 2017 ROFR List
October 2017- December 2017 ROFR List
January 2018- March 2018 ROFR List
April 2018- June 2018 ROFR List
July 2018- Sept 2018 ROFR List
Oct 2018- Dec 2018 ROFR List
Jan 2019- March 2019 ROFR List

April 2019- June 2019 ROFR List
followoiing

Congrats!!

I had to do an addendum on one of mine I submitted on 9/5 to address the fact the points in '19 were borrowed. They said it wouldn't extend ROFR, but looks like yours was extended for the addendums.

Yes, we had to do an addendum on one of our contracts due to the point spread not being correct - there were more points than what the owner thought - yeah! but the ROFR clock started all over again. This was about 3 or 4 years ago....

Ugh, just found out that Disney's fiscal year ends 9/30 and we submitted for ROFR on 9/11. We have a low price pp on AKV and I was hoping it would squeeze while buy backs were slowing down for the end of the year. Do I still have a chance here?

Ugh, just found out that Disney's fiscal year ends 9/30 and we submitted for ROFR on 9/11. We have a low price pp on AKV and I was hoping it would squeeze while buy backs were slowing down for the end of the year. Do I still have a chance here?
Im in exact same boat....extremely low ball offer on BayLake with seller even paying closing....submitted 9/11 as well.... 🤞🏼 lemme know when you hear back and ill do the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter