ROFR Thread July to Sept 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever had an international contract not pass through ROFR? Have they been buying poly back recently?

Searching through multiple reseller's sites, I haven't seen any PVBs bought back this year which played a role in my offer. But I have seen several bought back a year or two ago.

BrerRabbit1119---$125-$6695-50-BRV@WL-Feb-0/18, 0/19, 6/20-Seller pays '20 MF- sent 9/3, passed 9/18
osera1---$144-$38560-250-BCV-Feb-0/18, 0/19, 500/20, 250/21- sent 9/5, passed 9/18

Just under 2 weeks, much quicker than my previous resales (3 priors). Because of Disney end of fiscal year 9/30? Maybe not too much lying around for re-purchasing? That suits us buyers quite nicely.

This contract serves our short term and long term plans very well!

But man...the anxiety shifts into second gear once the sent dates approach and pass your own.

I am in the same boat for AKL. I did pay a bit more at $117 but it was front loaded with points and seller is paying dues. If you factor the Dues out your bring it down to the $108-110 range
Good luck, mine is a 160pt contract with 130 left in 2019, they are paying full dues for 2019 so I worked mine out as $104ppt when I include closing costs. If I don't get this one I'll need to think of offering more next time

Searching through multiple reseller's sites, I haven't seen any PVBs bought back this year which played a role in my offer. But I have seen several bought back a year or two ago.

But man...the anxiety shifts into second gear once the sent dates approach and pass your own.

What was your offer for PVB?
EDIT I see it now. I just submitted one at 125 / pt. International Contract. Fingers crossed.

I think that’s referring to a FB post by DVC Resale Market from Wednesday 9/18. We were among that group! :)
Interesting - we passed that day but our name wasn't in the post, so I guess it was more than 25 that day!

EDIT: Just saw they had an additional post with another 28 on the same day - we were in that group!

I think that’s referring to a FB post by DVC Resale Market from Wednesday 9/18. We were among that group! :)

dvcresalemarket puts out 2 monthly blog updates with sales through their site. There are obviously numerous other sites, but they do enough volume to identify trends. One of them is average prices for resale for the last month, and the other is ROFR rates. Per their update earlier this month Disney has not bought back a single PVB contract this year (for transactions they were involved in). This thread and the ones for Jan - March and April-June also noted 0 buybacks for PVB.

Sunday marks a month since our BRV contract was sent to Disney. It doesn't help that another BRV was sent the same day as ours and they cleared ROFR on 9/10. We also thought we were in the clear, as I hadn't seen any taken back either, but now with the two you mentioned we're very anxious. Good luck!

Eeeek! Hope it passes for you as well!
One didn’t say what their offer was, but the other commenter said 160 points at $95/point, and Disney exercises ROFR on 9/6. Mine is 168 points at $93/point so I’m super nervous.

AKL was admittedly the other I eyed. I honestly thought my husband would prefer that resort as our Home Resort because he’s always asking to stay there. But WL was our first “love” and feels like home, and we do love the boat ride to MK.

We considered Copper Creek for the longer expiration date, but we have two boys who do NOT want to share a bed, and the lack of that third bed in CCV sold us on BVR.

We considered Copper Creek for the longer expiration date, but we have two boys who do NOT want to share a bed, and the lack of that third bed in CCV sold us on BVR.

Which room category were you looking into for CCV. Dedicated 2 bedroom has a proper 3rd bed in the second bedroom, lock off has a bed and sleeper sofa instead. Fingers crossed your current one passes, but if not, CC might still be an option for your boys 😊

*I just realized there is a pull down bed in the studio at Boulder Ridge. I'm thinking that's what you meant. That makes a huge difference with sleeping arrangements for siblings.

Last edited:
Yep, your offer made me feel like I might have overpaid and I thought I originally got a steal lol

Well you passed, we’re still waiting. So all we have right now is a wish. :)

Plus IIRC you had a loaded contract and paid dues which brought your contract actually lower. These things are hard to just look at $/ppt. Your 2019 points if rented are $17/ppt whereas I get none for 2019 if I needed them.
For what it’s worth I ran your contract through my calcs and you ended up with a better deal!

Now I am sweating to pas rofr. You did well!

We’ll be fine. If not, there’s 2-3 that are similar contracts out there. Did you have 2019 points on yours? I don’t think i saw you details in the thread.

Plus IIRC you had a loaded contract and paid dues which brought your contract actually lower. These things are hard to just look at $/ppt. Your 2019 points if rented are $17/ppt whereas I get none for 2019 if I needed them.
For what it’s worth I ran your contract through my calcs and you ended up with a better deal!

We’ll be fine. If not, there’s 2-3 that are similar contracts out there. Did you have 2019 points on yours? I don’t think i saw you details in the thread.

Yes there was some 2019 points. I have not posted it up yet as I wanted to be sure it got through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter