ROFR Thread July to Sept 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what does it mean when, while having a contract with Disney awaiting ROFR, I see an identical contract pop back up on a resale website? Same points, same use year, even same ID # listing...but this time for a lot more money. Crazy coincidence, or is something underhanded going on? (And have I grown paranoid by Disney targeting me for ROFR?)
any word on this was it a error?

Preacherroe, were you told by Disney that it was in ROFR or by the broker? Perhaps they are seeing if they can get a better price before sending it in to Disney.

Welcome SSR neighbor. We passed ROFR on 7/6 for SSR and we are waiting for closing and all the other fun stuff that comes on this side of the ROFR.
I love to see all the passes lately, especially since June was so terrible with taken contracts.

Thanks. Looking forward to the first trip, but first have to survive the waiting.

This waiting is KILLING me!!!! Especially since it is such a great price and I'm not sure what Disney will do!!! It's been 10 days, so hopefully I'll hear something by the end of the week. If I don't, I'm going to start thinking they are taking it back. :-(

This waiting is KILLING me!!!! Especially since it is such a great price and I'm not sure what Disney will do!!! It's been 10 days, so hopefully I'll hear something by the end of the week. If I don't, I'm going to start thinking they are taking it back. :-(
It's been 12 days for me. The wait is killing me also. I am just taking it one day at a time. I am nervous one moment and then hopeful the next. We can be nervous together. LOL!!

Preacherroe, were you told by Disney that it was in ROFR or by the broker? Perhaps they are seeing if they can get a better price before sending it in to Disney

I was told by the broker that it went to Disney on 6/21. When Disney takes it (which I fully expect to happen), I'll ask to see their email.

It's been 12 days for me. The wait is killing me also. I am just taking it one day at a time. I am nervous one moment and then hopeful the next. We can be nervous together. LOL!!

I want the DVC you're going for! My husband is making us start out small. But better than nothing...I guess. Lol

I want the DVC you're going for! My husband is making us start out small. But better than nothing...I guess. Lol
One step at a time. I know that it’s technically still too early to worry, but I’m a worrier by nature. I keep checking my email 40 times a day hoping that the email that is going to bring me the news one way or the other will suddenly appear. Lol.

Dan1---$111-$20018-170-AKV-Oct-0/16, 0/17, 173/18, 170/19-Seller pays closing- sent 6/29, passed 7/17

Done and done.

Contracts at SSR, Boardwalk (direct) and now two at AKV.

Our three fav. resorts all locked up.

Time to hide the checkbook.......until maybe one more upon retirement when we’ll have more free time.

Thanks for everyone’s help and guidance.

Dan1---$111-$20018-170-AKV-Oct-0/16, 0/17, 173/18, 170/19-Seller pays closing- sent 6/29, passed 7/17

Done and done.

Time to hide the checkbook.......until maybe one more upon retirement when we’ll have more free time.

I too recently added SSR, BWV, and AKV. I am hoping to be done adding points forever, but I already have more than I originally planned.

Done and done.

Congratulations!!

Bing Showei---$93-$17859-175-SSR-Mar-0/17, 175/18, 175/19- sent 6/13, passed 7/2

I am stunned by the price you paid and got by ROFR. You give us all hope!

Bing Showei---$93-$17859-175-SSR-Mar-0/17, 175/18, 175/19- sent 6/13, passed 7/2

How in the world did you get SSR by ROFR with $93 pp??? Can I please hire you to represent me?
This is amazing and with all 2018 points. Enjoy and Congratulations!

How in the world did you get SSR by ROFR with $93 pp??? Can I please hire you to represent me?
I am stunned by the price you paid and got by ROFR. You give us all hope!
It's anyones guess what will get by ROFR.

To be honest, $93/pt for SSR in today's market is a decent price, but it is not a great deal. Less than 6 months ago, $85/pt was not uncommon. And unlike the precipitous rise in resale sale prices at PVB/VGF/VGC (which saw the biggest jumps in direct prices), there is absolutely nothing that has happened in the market that would suggest SSR should be selling today at prices being asked for, namely in the $110/pt range. Few other resorts have seen this high a delta in the last three months. SSR and AKV have been moved significantly by brokers guided by ROFR numbers.

I really hope your SSR at $85/pt goes through. I agree that it's unlikely, but that would be quite the coup.

It's anyones guess what will get by ROFR.

To be honest, $93/pt for SSR in today's market is a decent price, but it is not a great deal. Less than 6 months ago, $85/pt was not uncommon. And unlike the precipitous rise in resale sale prices at PVB/VGF/VGC (which saw the biggest jumps in direct prices), there is absolutely nothing that has happened in the market that would suggest SSR should be selling today at prices being asked for, namely in the $110/pt range. Few other resorts have seen this high a delta in the last three months. SSR and AKV have been moved significantly by brokers guided by ROFR numbers.

I really hope your SSR at $85/pt goes through. I agree that it's unlikely, but that would be quite the coup.

I'm not optimistic, but what am I supposed to do? Beg the seller to allow me to pay more than their asking price?

I'm not optimistic, but what am I supposed to do? Beg the seller to allow me to pay more than their asking price?

This is funny because it’s what I did last year. It was my BLT contract I bought for $100pp. It was listed for $80pp, but after having multiple contracts taken, I wanted to live on the edge but not fall off the cliff. The broker told me the sellers were international and just wanted it sold ASAP. It was the UY I was looking for, the right number of points, and a few bonus points without having to pay MF’s. I offered $100pp and passed ROFR by the skin of my teeth. My DH was mad I didn’t try at $80pp, but I told him that was a waste of my time because it was so low. I’d already had two taken at $108pp and $105pp. I don’t regret it one bit. If you do get yours through at $85pp, that’ll be amazing! Best of luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter