ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it’s just you, I said the same thing to my wife the other day, so I don’t believe it’s a new trend. Although, the passes have sure seemed to come down in the last couple of days.

My concern, none of the recent passes have been at SSR, where we submitted, also on the 12th. Hopefully we both hear something soon!
Yes! Hoping for some good SSR vibes!

Yes, this has always been my experience. We had two tries back in 2017, the first was taken at 29 days, the second one passed at 20 days. This time around our last one was taken last month at around 35 days, then we just passed yesterday/today (I was notified first thing this morning) after 12 days. I have very rarely seen a contract that is being taken where someone was notified under 21 days. Typically it's pushing the 25-30 day mark unfortunately. I don't know why they do that, but it seems to be their practice.
Ugh it's torture. Like just rip the band-aid and get it over with. It's so hard because you just want to be able to jump in and submit another offer yet you have to be drawn out and wait.

You would think they would want to let people know sooner than later that they’re taking it back so they can go ahead and make another offer!!! The more offers we make, either way, the more money Disney makes! Why keep making us wait ?!?!

My guess is that contracts that are potentially going to be taken go through multiple levels of review.

I’m so excited for you! Welcome home!! Good price and you didn’t have to suffer too long waiting to see if ROFR was waived. Nice!

Thanks so much! Ya we waited a lot longer on our previous attempt, just to have it taken. We are pretty excited! Good luck to everyone waiting!

I don’t think it’s just you, I said the same thing to my wife the other day, so I don’t believe it’s a new trend. Although, the passes have sure seemed to come down in the last couple of days.

My concern, none of the recent passes have been at SSR, where we submitted, also on the 12th. Hopefully we both hear something soon!

Maybe they haven't reviewed SSR contracts yet? We are on day 28 of waiting to hear about our SSR contract. I see all the other resorts coming through, either taken or passed, but nothing from the SSR contracts. Hopefully they aren't taking them all....I'm getting frustrated.

Maybe they haven't reviewed SSR contracts yet? We are on day 28 of waiting to hear about our SSR contract. I see all the other resorts coming through, either taken or passed, but nothing from the SSR contracts. Hopefully they aren't taking them all....I'm getting frustrated.

SSR here too. Day 20.

Yes, this has always been my experience. We had two tries back in 2017, the first was taken at 29 days, the second one passed at 20 days. This time around our last one was taken last month at around 35 days, then we just passed yesterday/today (I was notified first thing this morning) after 12 days. I have very rarely seen a contract that is being taken where someone was notified under 21 days. Typically it's pushing the 25-30 day mark unfortunately. I don't know why they do that, but it seems to be their practice.

It does seem like that, but my contract passed last month at 34 days. And deed is now recorded so it is completely final. I had been worried when it hit 30 days and my offer was on the lower side ($105 for 100 AKV points, Feb use year). My broker said that the "takes" go to a different person to send back and she knows as soon as she sees that name that it is being taken. Not sure if more needs to be done before they notify, but apparently they all come from 1 person.

First time DVC owners here, we just received notice today that our Poly contract passed ROFR.

These boards have been an invaluable tool in researching DVC, so thanks to all that helped answer my questions.

H Velador---$142-$23,330-160-PVB-June-0/18, 0/19, 160/20- sent 3/5, passed 3/19
Congratulations

My guess is that contracts that are potentially going to be taken go through multiple levels of review.

Yep, I've seen this speculated in the past as well, and it makes sense. There's probably a first review that's looking for something specific, and if a contract doesn't have whatever the drunken monkey wants, it passes. But if it is there, it heads to a whole team of drunken monkeys to take a closer look.

I don't know if there's a better thread for this information, but I keep tabs on BLT and thought I'd share this information

Since Jan 1, 2019 there have been 308 Deed transactions for BLT.

43 have been deed changes that don't go through ROFR (filter for doc deed tax end at 1 to identify these), like deeds moving to trusts or children.
90 have been new sales of BLT from DVD to purchasers. (grantor DVD)
81 have been contracts taken in ROFR, or gone back to DVD somehow like foreclosure (grantee DVD)

Which leaves 94 resale contracts that have gone through out of 175, which is roughly 53%

I don't have the time to break down the number farther to filter out ROFR vs Foreclosure, or calculate cost per point and try to correlate that data further. Just thought someone might find it interesting as BLT is one of those properties that DVD seems to ROFR quite a bit.

SSR here too. Day 20.

Oh no! We're SSR, but just submitted last week on 3/12. Hopefully they pick up that pile soon!

Yep, I've seen this speculated in the past as well, and it makes sense. There's probably a first review that's looking for something specific, and if a contract doesn't have whatever the drunken monkey wants, it passes. But if it is there, it heads to a whole team of drunken monkeys to take a closer look.

I'm looking to supply alcohol to this team of drunken monkeys. Sound like there some money to be made, so I can buy more points.

Only day 6 here - but if mine is in your pile, it's probably getting taken - so maybe that means yours will pass. ;)

I'd love to book a Jan 2020 trip, but if we get taken this time I'm not sure what we'll decide to do... I've been trying not to look at other contracts. Patience is a virtue, right?

So we’re back in the game! Just submitted an asking price offer on a large SSR contract at a ridiculously low price and waiting on our contract.

We submitted a VGF offer a few days ago, which was turned down. I have been watching SSR, BLT and VGF contracts since our BLT contract was taken.

I will be amazed if the contract isn’t taken by Disney but it was such a steal we couldn’t help but try. I will post a string once the contract is sent to Disney. I sense another loooong wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter