• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread January to March 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our AKV contract is a unit in Kidani and we always stay at Jambo they function as the same resort for 11 month booking.

The theory is that they can combine if they have the same unit number - so if your 100 point resale in unit A is taken they can combine it w/ another 100 points in unit A and then direct sell a 200 point contract in unit A. We can’t split or combine points on our contracts and sell half of our points and keep half or sell 2 contracts as one, but Disney can if they are in the same unit. My best guess is that some algorithm tells them they want to have X number of points in units A, B, and C in use years 1, 5 and 7 - so when a resale comes up in those categories they grab it irrespective of price. Some taken may be for projected direct sales, others to maintain their required 2% ownership.

In my decade or so of reading about who’s contracts are ROFR’ed, I haven’t seen any evidence that the sales people and the ROFR decision makers are in cahoots with each other. In fact, I lean toward the popular theory that the ROFR ‘people’ are in fact chimpanzees throwing darts at resale contracts pinned to a wall & the ones they hit get taken (no disrespect to chimpanzees intended.)

This is the first theory that makes total sense to me. It sounds plausible and I also believe there is an algorithm that makes these decisions....not a group full of folks laughing when one gets exercised over another.

Original post deleted
Had a big change of heart and rescinded the OKW offer.
I am going to rethink future DVC trips.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:

Ok so here’s another question I’d like to hear opinions on. Of course nobody knows what DVD considers in The ROFR process...but do you think having a contract with an international seller has any bearing either positively or negatively? TIA

Ok so here’s another question I’d like to hear opinions on. Of course nobody knows what DVD considers in The ROFR process...but do you think having a contract with an international seller has any bearing either positively or negatively? TIA

It might... I remember a really low priced BLT contract that passed in the fall last year. The buyer thought maybe it was because it was an international seller. But who knows, it could've also been a coincidence :-) . I guess it would be easy for brokers to look back at their past data and see if makes a difference or not. Maybe TSS can chime in :-)

cyiland---$79-$18714-210-OKW-Dec-0/16, 214/17, 210/18, 210/19- sent 2/8, passed 2/26

Honestly so happy and surprised by this. Jerry (TSS) told me that Disney also took one (also OKW) at $88 today, so you never know. I suppose the vacation gods were smiling down on me today. I'd already resigned myself to considering much more expensive options, and was afraid those would put closing too late to do me any good this fall.

UPDATE:

M_T---$90-$10297-100-AKV-Jun-0/16, 0/17, 150/18, 100/19- sent 2/14, passed 2/23

WOOP

This is an amazing deal!
I would love some guidance. THis is where I would like to pay and take my chances with ROFR but I am having difficulty finding ANY contract near this! I would love if you could share how you found this!

Pat McDuck---$95-$19723-200-BRV@WL-Aug-200/17, 200/18, 200/19- sent 2/21

Corrected (sent date) While perhaps not the deal of the century, I am happy with our above deal at WL BR. (In ROFR now.) I looked for a couple of weeks and jumped on this one. Glad I did, as there are not that many BR contracts out there, especially loaded ones (bonus trip, without paying those 2017 dues!) Those extra 200 points were worth it.

I found while it is nice to sign up for emails and push notifications, and to get salespeople to promise to keep an eye out for you, nothing beats checking the websites often yourself. My daughter set up links to most of them on my phone, for the ones that do not have their own apps. Made it easier to check throughout the day, here and there. I found mine at 7 am, (it was not there the night before).

Pat McDuck---$95-$19723-200-BRV@WL-Aug-200/17, 200/18, 200/19- sent 2/21

Corrected (sent date) While perhaps not the deal of the century, I am happy with our above deal at WL BR. (In ROFR now.) I looked for a couple of weeks and jumped on this one. Glad I did, as there are not that many BR contracts out there, especially loaded ones (bonus trip, without paying those 2017 dues!) Those extra 200 points were worth it.

I found while it is nice to sign up for emails and push notifications, and to get salespeople to promise to keep an eye out for you, nothing beats checking the websites often yourself. My daughter set up links to most of them on my phone, for the ones that do not have their own apps. Made it easier to check throughout the day, here and there. I found mine at 7 am, (it was not there the night before).
What websites do you use to check resale?

Honestly so happy and surprised by this. Jerry (TSS) told me that Disney also took one (also OKW) at $88 today, so you never know. I suppose the vacation gods were smiling down on me today. I'd already resigned myself to considering much more expensive options, and was afraid those would put closing too late to do me any good this fall.

Wow, congrats, I’m glad to see this go through as it gives me hope for our current one! Nicely done!

Added our MK resort! I was excited to find a reasonably priced Oct UY Poly contract (especially post-direct price increase), since it's not a common UY, so I hope this passes!

iheartglaciers---$130-$21215-150-PVB-Oct-150/17, 150/18, 150/19- sent 2/6

I got my deposit back in the mail today (dated 2/23), so I guess Disney took it :-( I just emailed the broker to confirm.

I am not sure what names can be posted here. But here goes, if not allowed, I am sorry. dvc-resale (Timeshare store); DVC Resalemarket; Fidelity; DVC Magic resales, resales dvc, dvc sales, Vacatia. The names all sound so much alike, I made charts to track the sales, to watch for price reductions etc.

Our purchase is thru Timeshare store.

I am not sure what names can be posted here. But here goes, if not allowed, I am sorry. **. The names all sound so much alike, I made charts to track the sales, to watch for price reductions etc.

Our purchase is thru Timeshare store.

Always post the URL. Then the filter will automatically delete ones that the DIS doesn't allow. See the 2nd sticky post "A word about DIS advertisers - Please post a link to any business you wish to mention" on this forum for info and also for a pretty decent list of resale brokers.

For example, the site **********.com is banned, and that's why you just see the asterisks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter