ROFR Thread January to March 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn they took $96, sorry to hear ... guess my $90/point is for sure gone

We were really disappointed when it happened. Hopefully we were just unlucky and both of our contacts pass. We decided this time around we’d pay more per point and put ourselves in the safe zone... only time will tell.

Bought AKL add on and it shows up as Jambo house in my membership, is this normal? Guessing it is but thought I would ask.

I will show up as whichever building the unit that you have ownership in is located. I have 2 contracts...one shows up as Jambo and the other as Kidani.

I’m getting impatient :P My PVB was sent on 2/6, but it sounds like @disneylovinfamilyof6 hasnt heard back and they’ve been waiting longer! I’m just a little nervous because I’ve seen a lot of contracts taken recently!

It is a brutal wait! I think there is added stress with all of the direct point changes as well. Hopefully, they are just busy with other things and taking a little extra time with ROFR. I was hoping for a 14 day wait and ended up getting good news at 20 days. I sure hope you get good news soon!

It is a brutal wait! I think there is added stress with all of the direct point changes as well. Hopefully, they are just busy with other things and taking a little extra time with ROFR. I was hoping for a 14 day wait and ended up getting good news at 20 days. I sure hope you get good news soon!

I was hoping to hear back before tomorrow... I got 50pts at CCV but was thinking of increasing it to 60pts if the Poly contract got taken. Oh well :-)

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for a while so I figured I'd share the status of me and my wife's attempts to buy DVC.

Disney071010---$96-$11520-120-AKV-Jun- 0/17, 93/18, 120/19- SENT 1/22 TAKEN 2/6

Disney071010---$104-$14560-140-AKV-Mar- 0/17, 140/18, 140/19- SENT 2/10

Could you reformat those with the link in post#1 so they can go on the list? (you got REALLY close by hand though... Not bad! :laughing:)

bmlors---$87-$14573-150-OKW-Mar-0/17, 150/18, 150/19- sent 2/2, taken 2/19

Bummer! But...that was an awesome price. You'll get the next one!

was not too worried on that one.

Actually getting them bought back ("taken") is better if you're the seller because you get the check almost immediately! But I'm glad to have someone new poolside either way. :)

UPDATE:

M_T---$90-$10297-100-AKV-Jun-0/16, 0/17, 150/18, 100/19- sent 2/14, passed 2/23

WOOP
Congrats!! I just saw another AKV priced much higher and with more points get taken... there really is no rhyme or reason it seems. So happy for you!

Yes... ugh. I really find it hard to imagine the contract I'm trying to buy making it through. The toughest part is the wait, since you can't move on to something else in the meantime. I'm hoping we hear something by late next week (3 week mark).
Yeah the wait is brutal. BUT I. I continue to have faith, trust...and a whole lotta pixie dust. We got this!

Just curious if you don’t mind asking...are you a current owner??

No, this is our first foray into this and we're ready to go, but no luck on the first round. Some discussion here, but I'm hopeful we were just a casualty of the timing with 25 pt purchases and we'll have a better time with our second offer. Regardless, per the advice here, we'll just keep trying until we find one that works out...

Congrats!! I just saw another AKV priced much higher and with more points get taken... there really is no rhyme or reason it seems. So happy for you!

Even though price is a determining factor it’s not the only factor. Also the unit number on the deed plays a significant part in the decision making.

No, this is our first foray into this and we're ready to go, but no luck on the first round. Some discussion here, but I'm hopeful we were just a casualty of the timing with 25 pt purchases and we'll have a better time with our second offer. Regardless, per the advice here, we'll just keep trying until we find one that works out...
Thank you for the info. I was wondering if being a new or current member played any part. It’s just a guessing game for everyone. They’re certainly very good at shrouding this entire process with mystery. Regardless if it turns out in our favor or not, gotta give them credit for keeping us guessing. One thing is for sure..one of them WILL pass and it will likely be the one you truly want :)

Any chance Disney looks at who is buying the resale and whether or not they are working with a guide and are deemed likely to buy direct when deciding to exercise ROFR?

Do we still get 11 month priority at Jambo and Kidani?
Our AKV contract is a unit in Kidani and we always stay at Jambo they function as the same resort for 11 month booking.

This is an interesting idea. What do you think/see are more or less desirable?
The theory is that they can combine if they have the same unit number - so if your 100 point resale in unit A is taken they can combine it w/ another 100 points in unit A and then direct sell a 200 point contract in unit A. We can’t split or combine points on our contracts and sell half of our points and keep half or sell 2 contracts as one, but Disney can if they are in the same unit. My best guess is that some algorithm tells them they want to have X number of points in units A, B, and C in use years 1, 5 and 7 - so when a resale comes up in those categories they grab it irrespective of price. Some taken may be for projected direct sales, others to maintain their required 2% ownership.

Any chance Disney looks at who is buying the resale and whether or not they are working with a guide and are deemed likely to buy direct when deciding to exercise ROFR?
In my decade or so of reading about who’s contracts are ROFR’ed, I haven’t seen any evidence that the sales people and the ROFR decision makers are in cahoots with each other. In fact, I lean toward the popular theory that the ROFR ‘people’ are in fact chimpanzees throwing darts at resale contracts pinned to a wall & the ones they hit get taken (no disrespect to chimpanzees intended.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter