ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my contracts just passed ROFR but now I'm told we're awaiting probate documents. Does anybody have any experience with this happening? My broker said they haven't run into this before, but since it cleared ROFR they assume it shouldn't be more than a few days. At the same time, they said I can get my deposit back if it doesn't close by the contract closing date.

Naturally the place I'm trying to buy into (CCV), is the ONE resort Disney appears to still be ROFRing.

I submitted a few $140 offers for the Poly (asking $160+) and two of them came down to $145 on 100 point contracts. I’m wondering how much lower it can go.
140 to 145 is so close. If you split the difference that’s only $250 at that point. If you love the contract $250 isn’t making a difference overall.

But are you saying you’re going to counter lower than the original $140?

I submitted a few $140 offers for the Poly (asking $160+) and two of them came down to $145 on 100 point contracts. I’m wondering how much lower it can go.
You can also consider paying $145 and asking seller to pay closing costs. At least, that's my exact accepted offer a few years ago ($145, 100 points, seller paid closing). 😀

You can also consider paying $145 and asking seller to pay closing costs. At least, that's my exact accepted offer a few years ago ($145, 100 points, seller paid closing). 😀
Great idea! How long ago was that offer accepted? Just trying to gauge where prices are currently compared to recent years.

Not quite official yet, but got an offer accepted at $87pp for aulani! 230 points and just starting the process. Mason is the title company and my fidelity sales rep said it’ll take about 40 days before I’m required to pay the balance.

Can someone walk me through the details of next steps?
  • What’s happening during these 40 days?
  • When does it go to rofr (during these 40 days of waiting for title company and before I pay off the balance, or after I pay off the balance)?
  • When does Disney create my dvc member account and when do my points show up to use?
  • Anything other major or minor step I should be aware of?
Excited to join the DVC family!

Last edited:
Not quite official yet, but got an offer accepted at $87pp! 230 points and just starting the process. Mason is the title company and my fidelity sales rep said it’ll take about 40 days before I’m required to pay the balance.

• When does it go to rofr (during these 40 days of waiting for title company and before I pay off the balance, or after I pay off the balance)?
  • When does Disney create my dvc member account and when do my points show up to use?
May I ask where?

Not quite official yet, but got an offer accepted at $87pp for aulani! 230 points and just starting the process. Mason is the title company and my fidelity sales rep said it’ll take about 40 days before I’m required to pay the balance.

Congrats on a great deal! It sounds like it hasn't been taking quite 40 days to pass ROFR so be prepare to move funds sooner than that. First is there will be documents to sign from both buyers and sellers and you will pay an earnest deposit before contract is sent off to disney. Typically is 10% but Mason will let you put down as much as $5000 on a cc. ROFR is looking around 12 days currently. Once Disney waives your contract, you pay the remaining balance to escrow. Escrow will let you know when your contract is closed and then you wait for Disney to send you an email with your new account info (if new owner). You can check the closing thread on how long that part is taking. My last contract took about 50 days from bid accepted to points in my account and I'm expecting my current one to go so much faster! ROFR lady is already working on contracts submitted on 2/20.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link directly to a listing here, but theres an 125pt Aug BLT contract on Fidelity fully loaded for $160/pt. It's been on there for a while now. If it wasn't for the fact I don't need that many more points, I would've put in an offer already. Honestly, it's been tempting me even though I definitely do not need another 125pts

Wow!! That was really a great deal!
Was it really a great deal? or just what the true current market rate is? If an offer that far below asking was accepted you have to believe it was the highest or maybe only offer they received. How old was the listing?

I've just been offering high 60's for OKW 2042 and getting politely declined as expected. Anyhow, now that I have "roughed" them up a bit, feel free to outbid me!
All joking aside, I believe if sellers are only getting what they perceive as "lowball" offers and nothing close to their inflated asking prices reality may begin to sink in that their contracts are not worth nearly as much as they think. I feel offering lowball offers do help to get the prices that are accepted to drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter