ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone asked to use a specific title company and was told by the broker "we don't work with them"?

I would think that since the buyer pays, the buyer should be able to pick any title company they want as long as they understand time shares and DVC.

Has anyone asked to use a specific title company and was told by the broker "we don't work with them"?

I would think that since the buyer pays, the buyer should be able to pick any title company they want as long as they understand time shares and DVC.
Yes, I had that happen with our contract a few weeks ago. I asked for Mason and was told no. It's yet another broker I can't name here (we've used a lot of those :rolleyes: ). I didn't even ask with our DVC Resale Market contract, as I was under the impression that they always go through their own title company, Magic Vacation Title. I just rolled with it. As I said before, at the end of the day a couple of weeks is no big deal. It's just interesting the disparity in timeframe.

For those of you with international sellers, did any of you request from the broker which listings had international sellers? Just wondering if this would be information they can give us. Or do you just ask the broker about specific listings and whether the seller is international?

Cammy at Mason is handling my closing. I was notified I passed ROFR on Friday afternoon and had my closing documents early Tuesday morning. I was able to sign, return, and wire the balance due that day. Sadly, I’m still waiting for the sellers to return their signed docs so we can close. I’ve heard it mentioned the seller’s docs take longer? Hopefully they’ll return them over the weekend…

Cammy at Mason is handling my closing. I was notified I passed ROFR on Friday afternoon and had my closing documents early Tuesday morning. I was able to sign, return, and wire the balance due that day. Sadly, I’m still waiting for the sellers to return their signed docs so we can close. I’ve heard it mentioned the seller’s docs take longer? Hopefully they’ll return them over the weekend…
I'm in the same boat as you. Passed ROFR on Wednesday, got closing documents that afternoon, and returned promptly. I was informed that they are still waiting for the seller's closing docs as well. Funny how as a buyer we are quick to return, but the sellers aren't as quick as we are. If I can close by next Friday, I would be happy.

Bea---$139-$7509-50-SSR-Dec-0/20, 0/21, 19/22, 50/23-Seller pays 2022 MF- sent 4/30

international seller and we are International buyers 🇨🇦 So fingers crossed. We’ve been waiting for a SSR small contact for awhile to add onto our OKW resale. It was posted for about 5 minutes before we purchased. When you know, you know 🥳. Now the dreaded waiting game

For those of you with international sellers, did any of you request from the broker which listings had international sellers? Just wondering if this would be information they can give us. Or do you just ask the broker about specific listings and whether the seller is international?
We used dvc resale market and their listings show if it's an international seller. We just lost our main contract to ROFR on Wednesday which apparently was a not so good day due to a bloodbath from ROFR. We had emailed our broker to see if he could see what they had for international sellers. But we ended up finding our contact before he could get back to us. It's the same use year as our 50 pointer that passed last week and loaded and is a 🇨🇦 seller. Fingers crossed 🤞 this one comes through.

TotallyMinnie83---$272-$35642-125-VGC-Sep-0/20, 37/21, 125/22, 125/23- sent 4/5, passed 4/30

I'm so excited! I had assumed I wouldn't be hearing anything over the weekend and then I received my email at 8am PDT.
Congratulations. That’s a great price for a medium sized contract!

parkhopperplanner---$138-$9408-60-OKW(E)-Aug-14/21, 60/22, 60/23- sent 4/29

Only thing I’m wondering about ROFR is that we aren’t existing DVC members - does Disney consider that in the process? I didn’t know until I inquired that 150 is the minimum amount of points to purchase direct so I feel like we’re sneaking in the back door if this goes through!

Only thing I’m wondering about ROFR is that we aren’t existing DVC members - does Disney consider that in the process? I didn’t know until I inquired that 150 is the minimum amount of points to purchase direct so I feel like we’re sneaking in the back door if this goes through!
I saw this asked before - the consensus was that Disney doesn't really care if you're new or existing, if they want the contract, they take it. It seems the only thing that is consistent is that they don't take international seller contracts.... other than that, there's no rhyme or reason. IMO, buying a smaller contract to get your feet wet opens you up to be able to buy smaller chunks of points direct so I think it's a great strategy. We plan to add points in small chunks direct going forward.

Live look at me trying to justify keeping the SSR and AKV contracts I was supposed to sell when I decided to buy a single, larger Aulani contract.

View attachment 666006
Same as me with my AKV and SSR. I have added some more BWV and am planning on adding PVB with the intent of selling some SSR and AKV, but I always find a "use" for the points. "We can sell them after this next big trip....."

I had the same scenario. Just told the Broker I was going to pass on the contract and magically within the hour I was told I could use Mason Title (my preferred choice). I did offer the Brokerage to pay my closing costs as an alternative if they weren’t going to allow me to use Mason.

We just had our 50 point AKV contract pass a week ago (we were still waiting on our 160 point that had gone to ROFR 2 weeks earlier but ended up getting taken). We are not existing DVC members so I don't think that matters at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter