ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a tip on when I should push my seller to bank some points that I badly need banked? Our closing date is mid-July, but it's a December Use Year so there are a full slate of 300 points that I need banked by the end of July, and I won't have the contract in time to do it myself.

Currently under contract and waiting on ROFR.
Update: We're still in the middle of waiting on ROFR. I asked my broker to ask the seller to bank the points, which he did. The seller then banked the points and provided an updated points statement. There were no contract updates or addendums that needed to be signed.

Turns out I may have exaggerated (it's no secret that I'm a Beach Club hater). It appears to be roughly break-even.

This assumes that you're going to use every single Beach Club point you buy at Beach Club, and that if you hadn't bought DVC you would have stayed at Beach Club as a cash guest exactly the same amount.

Most of the work here goes into figuring out that initial "Average Rack Rate per Point." If you're staying in 1BR every time, this gets significantly worse. If Studios every time, a bit better. The 2BR average is very close to the resort overall average.

View attachment 665888

View attachment 665889
I feel like Captain America from the scene from Avengers when Stark and Banner are talking about Gamma Rays.….

We’ve received an email by Sunday morning each week letting us know that the broker hasn’t yet heard from DVC about ROFR. Today is Sunday, day 30, and we haven’t received an email yet this week. Does this mean I should email them and check in? Lol. My husband says no and he’s probably right but I thought I’d crowd source opinions.

We’ve received an email by Sunday morning each week letting us know that the broker hasn’t yet heard from DVC about ROFR. Today is Sunday, day 30, and we haven’t received an email yet this week. Does this mean I should email them and check in? Lol. My husband says no and he’s probably right but I thought I’d crowd source opinions.
I'd never expect anything on a Sunday.

I'm at day 37 since the contract that I'm selling was sent to ROFR. I check-in when it's been a while without any updates. I was told that Disney is averaging 30-45 days right now. ROFR notifications from Disney can take place on a Sunday since my last contract back in February passed after 23 days and it happened to be a Sunday. Good luck, but in all likelihood, you'll need to wait a little longer.

I saw this asked before - the consensus was that Disney doesn't really care if you're new or existing, if they want the contract, they take it. It seems the only thing that is consistent is that they don't take international seller contracts.... other than that, there's no rhyme or reason. IMO, buying a smaller contract to get your feet wet opens you up to be able to buy smaller chunks of points direct so I think it's a great strategy. We plan to add points in small chunks direct going forward.
That's exactly what I'm hoping to do! Now debating where to by my next chunk of points.... another resale OKW extended? GFV direct? I don't want to be closed off completely from staying at Riviera but I want to be able to combine any future points towards larger accommodations at OKW.

We just had our 50 point AKV contract pass a week ago (we were still waiting on our 160 point that had gone to ROFR 2 weeks earlier but ended up getting taken). We are not existing DVC members so I don't think that matters at all.
Awesome to hear - congrats!!! Where was your larger contract at? AKV?

That's exactly what I'm hoping to do! Now debating where to by my next chunk of points.... another resale OKW extended? GFV direct? I don't want to be closed off completely from staying at Riviera but I want to be able to combine any future points towards larger accommodations at OKW.
IMO, VGF is a really good option right now. Since it’s an active sale, there haven’t been any taken back in ROFR. However, the resale value remains high. I think I’ve seen some pass for like $150 pp so you’ll have to find a seller willing to go that low. Personally I wouldn’t pay more than $160. But it’s such a desirable resort that it’s a great option.

Awesome to hear - congrats!!! Where was your larger contract at? AKV?
Yes they were both AKV. We got addonitis really quick and figured we wanted more than the 160. And then after spending 44 days in ROFR for the first contract I learned a lot from this post that honestly having it taken was a blessing in disguise. This time we knew a lot more going into it and we are happier with the new contract we're waiting on. Before we would have had 2 different use years and now if all goes well we'll have the same. I initially thought no big deal to have 2 different but it will be a lot easier to have them the same.

casualmuppet---$142-$16842-110-AKV-Feb-0/21, 61/22, 110/23, 110/24- sent 5/1

2nd attempt. Bumped my price up a bit and got a small amount more points after planning the next few trips out. If this one fails probably waiting for an international seller.
Good luck! I am banking on the international seller myself. Think I will only bid on those from now on.

Good luck! I am banking on the international seller myself. Think I will only bid on those from now on.
Makes sense. Just didn't find quite the right contract with an international seller, and I already have my trip for this year planned. So I have a little time to keep trying lol.

casualmuppet---$142-$16842-110-AKV-Feb-0/21, 61/22, 110/23, 110/24- sent 5/1

2nd attempt. Bumped my price up a bit and got a small amount more points after planning the next few trips out. If this one fails probably waiting for an international seller.
If my current offer gets taken I will look for an international seller as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter