ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
casualmuppet---$142-$16842-110-AKV-Feb-0/21, 61/22, 110/23, 110/24- sent 5/1

2nd attempt. Bumped my price up a bit and got a small amount more points after planning the next few trips out. If this one fails probably waiting for an international seller.
Don't forget Aulani.

We’ve received an email by Sunday morning each week letting us know that the broker hasn’t yet heard from DVC about ROFR. Today is Sunday, day 30, and we haven’t received an email yet this week. Does this mean I should email them and check in? Lol. My husband says no and he’s probably right but I thought I’d crowd source opinions.
I’m on day 42 - the last time I talked with the concierge\last communication I got from them was on 4/13 haha… Hang in there - it’ll be over soon.

Bea---$139-$7509-50-SSR-Dec-0/20, 0/21, 19/22, 50/23-Seller pays 2022 MF- sent 4/30

international seller and we are International buyers 🇨🇦 So fingers crossed. We’ve been waiting for a SSR small contact for awhile to add onto our OKW resale. It was posted for about 5 minutes before we purchased. When you know, you know 🥳. Now the dreaded waiting game
I would be interested how the process goes for you. I had been told by a few brokers that intl members shouldn't buy from intl members as there are too many issues. So assuming you have bought other resale contacts before to compare, please let us know how this process compared.

I don't think I've ever seen this kind of disconnect between market prices and what Disney is taking at SSR. There are piles and piles of contracts available in the low 120s, but Disney seems to want you up around $130 to even have chance of passing.

I don't think I've ever seen this kind of disconnect between market prices and what Disney is taking at SSR. There are piles and piles of contracts available in the low 120s, but Disney seems to want you up around $130 to even have chance of passing.
I have been thinking the same thing.... It seems there are a sizable number of sellers who really want to unload their contracts by reducing their asking prices but buyers know that they won't pass so aren't even biting on the deal.... Such a strange dynamic. I said before that I bet if Disney were to offer a fair price of like $100-$115 per point there are probably a lot of sellers who would take it. I feel bad for the sellers who really want to sell.

Man, I hate hearing that right after making an offer. I'm worried I'm overpaying because of Disney's market manipulation. It's going to be a dang shame if I buy this and the prices plummet. I don't really plan on selling but still, I'd obviously love to spend less. I tried with a 130pp and it got taken. Now I'm tyring 140pp for SSR.

Man, I hate hearing that right after making an offer. I'm worried I'm overpaying because of Disney's market manipulation. It's going to be a dang shame if I buy this and the prices plummet. I don't really plan on selling but still, I'd obviously love to spend less. I tried with a 130pp and it got taken. Now I'm tyring 140pp for SSR.

It is one of the aspects of resale that buyers have to figure out how their own personal tolerance level is as well as when they want to have the contract for use.

While I knew the contract I am selling for $120 would never make it through, i priced it low in hopes to get a buyer willing to try...I did,...and Disney did take.

It now seems I was fortunate because a lot more contracts are for sale and it may not have happened as fast if I was selling now.

In the end, if you are happy with what you offered and bought, that is all that matters. If you have regrets, willing to wait out another try, and are still in the 10 day window, cancel the sale and put in a lower offer on a different one!

It is one of the aspects of resale that buyers have to figure out how their own personal tolerance level is as well as when they want to have the contract for use.

While I knew the contract I am selling for $120 would never make it through, i priced it low in hopes to get a buyer willing to try...I did,...and Disney did take.

It now seems I was fortunate because a lot more contracts are for sale and it may not have happened as fast if I was selling now.

In the end, if you are happy with what you offered and bought, that is all that matters. If you have regrets, willing to wait out another try, and are still in the 10 day window, cancel the sale and put in a lower offer on a different one!
It certainly wasn't the biggest factor, but it definitely played a role in my decision to go with Aulani this time around.

Right now the 2 options that I’m considering are to offer in the 140’s on my next try or make an offer on a contract that has 50 more points on the contract than I wanted with an international seller (that’s assuming that they would accept a price in the 120s)…And I’d just rent leftover points. I really don’t need that many more points but I also don’t want to pay that much per point either.

I get what you're saying as a buyer... however, to me, I still hold onto the fact that this is one of the best practices in place for a timeshare and why it makes it a "lower-risk" purchase than other timeshares... As an owner, you want your purchase to retain it's appeal over time, knowing that if you need to get out of it, there is a high probability that you will not be at a complete loss... (I was very careful not to use the words "investment" or "no-risk" so don't come at me! :rotfl2:I get that it's still a luxury product and still has risks....)

I'm not in the market for any new points but if I could guarantee Disney would take it in ROFR I'd bid on those SSR contracts to help the owners out. Just my luck, though, Disney would stop buying them back. lol
I've thought the same. Maybe put in an offer and rescind it within the 10 days and maybe they leave it in the ROFR queue?

I would be interested how the process goes for you. I had been told by a few brokers that intl members shouldn't buy from intl members as there are too many issues. So assuming you have bought other resale contacts before to compare, please let us know how this process compared.
Thank you so much for this 😁. This is why I love these boards. It turns out it can be done but it’s a bit of a pain. Enough that we aren’t going to go through with it. Another resale is around the corner (hopefully). Thanks again.

Thank you so much for this 😁. This is why I love these boards. It turns out it can be done but it’s a bit of a pain. Enough that we aren’t going to go through with it. Another resale is around the corner (hopefully). Thanks again.
Oh did you reach out after my comment and cancel? What did they say, feel free to private message me. I just want to know in case I go to do it in future. I was just told not to do it but not given specifics.

Reactions: Bea
Oh did you reach out after my comment and cancel? What did they say, feel free to private message me. I just want to know in case I go to do it in future. I was just told not to do it but not given specifics.
PM sent

Hello,

We are uk buyers and recently purchased from an international seller. The only issue was both sides had to apply for ITIN numbers. As buyers we withheld the 15% and sent it to the IRS. The sellers will claim it back when they receive their ITIN. Not a major hassle.

Right now the 2 options that I’m considering are to offer in the 140’s on my next try or make an offer on a contract that has 50 more points on the contract than I wanted with an international seller (that’s assuming that they would accept a price in the 120s)…And I’d just rent leftover points. I really don’t need that many more points but I also don’t want to pay that much per point either.
So both of the recent international seller contracts we put offers in we offered $15 before asking. They were accepted immediately. Does not hurt to try.

Good luck! I am banking on the international seller myself. Think I will only bid on those from now on.
So are some of the sites mentioning it's an International seller or are you having to ask the brokers to find one that is and then make a bid on that one? Curious how people are finding the International ones and I can't seem to find where they post that information. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter