ROFR Thread April to June 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify, you DO have to wait longer than 30 days if you gave them longer than 30 days. You have to wait until at least the date your contract states the contract should be closed no later than. Your contract likely gave Disney 60 days to decide ROFR as most broker’s set closing 60 days out. If your closing date comes and you still haven’t heard from Disney, then you are legally allowed to move forward without their approval. It’s the closing date in your contract that controls, not some made up 30 day deadline that people have derived from the requirement YOU have to give Disney at least 30 days and turned that into a 30 day deadline on Disney. (Now if you’re contract that you submit to Disney schedules closing for 30 days out, then Disney is actually on a 30 day clock.)

so...if I’m understand correctly, Disney has until the closing date on your contract...whatever date the broker puts to give them enough time. Let’s say Disney does not respond by that date, your saying Disney is out of luck or in reality they have as much time as they want? And if the date on the contract passes, as a buyer you have the right to cancel or buyer has no rights after the initial first 10 days?

so...if I’m understand correctly, Disney has until the closing date on your contract...whatever date the broker puts to give them enough time. Let’s say Disney does not respond by that date, your saying Disney is out of luck or in reality they have as much time as they want? And if the date on the contract passes, as a buyer you have the right to cancel or buyer has no rights after the initial first 10 days?

As a buyer, you have the right to back out within 10 days of the offer, or if the contract does not close on time,

So, Disney can take close to that. Typically, it’s 30 days...if it gets much later than that, your title company should reach out to Disney.

But, the title company is the one who would prepare documents to close on time...whether Disney steps in at the last minute or not,

I have never heard of that happening. Right now, we are seeing about 5 weeks for ROFR...and that is only because they aren’t working due to issues.

a 100 point - June Use -Year-BWV just popped up on https://www.fidelityresales.com/
I entered a ridiculously low offer; I will share the details once I get a response from the broker/seller.
This may be a silly question, but how do you see "new" contracts on fidelity? Did you just notice there was a new one? I've tried narrowing down using the filter but it doesn't seem to do that. I feel like I'm probably missing a box I have to check somewhere lol

This may be a silly question, but how do you see "new" contracts on fidelity? Did you just notice there was a new one? I've tried narrowing down using the filter but it doesn't seem to do that. I feel like I'm probably missing a box I have to check somewhere lol
In my case, it’s just that I check frequently enough I know what contracts are currently available. And there’s few enough in Sep UY to make it easy to spot new listings.

Fidelity uses sequential numbers (there are gaps for non DVC timeshares) across all resorts, as of 6/2 they were at 7412 so anything above that is new. It can also give an idea of how "old" a contract is

It's difficult -- I go to the resort I'm interested in, one at atime, and the unsorted version brings up all listings that are not pending an offer. Then i visually scan through them for use year/Price/# of points...

Welcome to the Poly family! I just bought there myself back in February, can't wait until my first stay there!
Thanks- actually buying sight unseen after June trip cancelled, never been to Poly. It was the only property where the long term math worked for the accommodations we wanted. Now the ROFR wait...

Anuhea35---$80-$7660-80-OKW-Dec-0/18, 80/19, 80/20, 80/21- sent 5/8

still waiting. Boy are they taking long. My other one just got recorded today. Thankfully I dont need the points right now. I did ask if they could bank the points for me since I dont think Iʻll have it by the end of July. If not itʻll just force me to head to Aulani by the end of the year LOL

a 100 point - June Use -Year-BWV just popped up on https://www.fidelityresales.com/
I entered a ridiculously low offer; I will share the details once I get a response from the broker/seller.
I've been looking at BWV as well and am curious to see how this goes for you. When recently browsing for BWV resale, I came across the site https://www.buyatimeshare.com/, which shows a few BWV contracts either in negotiations or "found a buyer" that are between $80 and $90 per point. Doesn't seem very realistic compared to all the other resale sites.

yeah BWV at $80 a point I could sell the Mrs. into even though we're still in the middle of our VGF purchase (already own at PVB).

Anuhea35---$80-$7660-80-OKW-Dec-0/18, 80/19, 80/20, 80/21- sent 5/8

still waiting. Boy are they taking long. My other one just got recorded today. Thankfully I dont need the points right now. I did ask if they could bank the points for me since I dont think Iʻll have it by the end of July. If not itʻll just force me to head to Aulani by the end of the year LOL

I bought a Dec and made them do it was it was reflected in the contract to go to ROFR that way...did not want to chance it...mine sent 5/5...not expecting to hear until next week.

I was hoping for some really good direct CCV incentives - our direct contract is BRV, so we'll want another direct at some point to keep the AP discounts beyond 2042

CCV aren't fully sold out, right? I just bought my first resale contract, and I too am kind of hoping they do some great incentives on them when they come back, I'd love some direct points at CCV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter