ROFR Thread April to June 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am at the same point as you - submitted our BCV contract on 4/30. I agree that it seems like it is almost an intentional delay. And even when we do get approval, I was told several weeks ago that the estoppel letter will take another 3 weeks or so. I am beyond frustrated at how long this is taking. We wanted to book a trip at the end of March and have no points to do so. My other contract (VGF) that was approved in 9 days at the beginning of April is being held up because the sellers cannot get a notary in Brazil to finish the paperwork so that one may never happen.
Just replying to say that it hasn’t been my experience in the past that estoppel takes 3 weeks. I think broker’s like to say that so they don’t have to make getting to closing a priority and can build in a cushion. I find it really matters who your closing company is. I have had experience with First American and a few others. With First American, you will likely wait a while between ROFR and getting closing documents (my experience was at least two weeks). With the others, I received closing documents the day after getting word on ROFR. It’s possible that Disney is inconsistent with how they process estoppel, but if I was betting on it, I would say the different processing times is a result of the efficiency of the closing company.

Just replying to say that it hasn’t been my experience in the past that estoppel takes 3 weeks. I think broker’s like to say that so they don’t have to make getting to closing a priority and can build in a cushion. I find it really matters who your closing company is. I have had experience with First American and a few others. With First American, you will likely wait a while between ROFR and getting closing documents (my experience was at least two weeks). With the others, I received closing documents the day after getting word on ROFR. It’s possible that Disney is inconsistent with how they process estoppel, but if I was betting on it, I would say the different processing times is a result of the efficiency of the closing company.
On my last contract (passed ROFR on 4/15), I waited two weeks for the estoppel. That was with Mason Title.

On my last contract (passed ROFR on 4/15), I waited two weeks for the estoppel. That was with Mason Title.
Mason are incredible to work with.
I’m on day 29 but I have enough time (for now)
If my contract passes it’s great if it doesn’t I’ll look for another one.

Well, we are 39 days since sent to ROFR, we don't close until fall though. I am not worried about them taking it, but would be nice to move on. There has been an offer way lower on Aulani than ours and Disney is still actively selling there yet. So do not think they will take it. I know another person was in this predicament earlier in this thread. I reached out to the broker and said they never heard of it & Disney had 30 days. Well here we are now later closing & still no answer on ROFR . So the closing date must affect the timeline Disney takes. : /

Yeah, our first purchase also with Mason but not a later closing. We were all done & closed in no time.

Just replying to say that it hasn’t been my experience in the past that estoppel takes 3 weeks. I think broker’s like to say that so they don’t have to make getting to closing a priority and can build in a cushion. I find it really matters who your closing company is.

For recent experience we passed on 5/28 and got closing documents on 6/4. We are working with Mason Title. Now I just need to seller to turn in their documents!

Silly question, when everyone here is purchasing, is the seller typically an individual? On our contract stuck in ROFR waiting, the seller is an LLC. Just wasn't sure if that's typical or a little out of the norm.

Silly question, when everyone here is purchasing, is the seller typically an individual? On our contract stuck in ROFR waiting, the seller is an LLC. Just wasn't sure if that's typical or a little out of the norm.
When I dug through the Orange County deed changes for OKW last month probably 10% were being bought or sold by or LLCs; in several cases though the address of the buyer and seller were the same which makes me think those were less someone flipping or renting out points for a profit and more either a tax thing or an inheritance thing.

My second contract was owned under an LLC. Transaction went very smoothly and they were quick to return paperwork. I was a little surprised at first too.

When I dug through the Orange County deed changes for OKW last month probably 10% were being bought or sold by or LLCs; in several cases though the address of the buyer and seller were the same which makes me think those were less someone flipping or renting out points for a profit and more either a tax thing or an inheritance thing.
How do you search by specific properties? I have a hard time navigating the Orange County comptroller's website. I was able to find (what I believe is) the deed for my resale, but I don't see addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter