ROFR Thread April to June 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicstress---$135-$43460-300-CCV@WL-Mar-118/19, 300/20, 300/21, 300/22- sent 4/21

I will add my contract has been sent back by Disney not once but TWICE. The first time was on May 15 due to a typo in the contract language. The second time was on May 28 because Disney decided they wanted to move around points. The seller had canceled a trip and originally points were taken from Use Year 2021 and extra points were added to 2019. So I was getting 181 2019 UY points banked plus 300 for 2020 and only 237 for 2021 (300 again for 2022). On 5/28 Disney put the 2021 points back and left me with 118 for 2019. But full points moving forward. Each time it has gone back I feel like it goes to the bottom of the pile for review again. It's now been over 6 weeks. :guilty:

I've been looking at BWV as well and am curious to see how this goes for you. When recently browsing for BWV resale, I came across the site https://www.buyatimeshare.com/, which shows a few BWV contracts either in negotiations or "found a buyer" that are between $80 and $90 per point. Doesn't seem very realistic compared to all the other resale sites.
You could always try and see. Just be sure to use one of the reputable title companies to close it and escrow your deposit and payment. Worst case, it doesn't work out and you'll get the money back. (The BUYER gets to pick the closing agent by Florida law.)

Was hoping for a rush of Thursday posts for ROFR...I've got 2 that are beyond 30 days now.
I was also and at 5 weeks now.
So there have been reports of passing ROFR on Tuesday May21, Thursday May 28 and Wednesday June 3. It appears Disney is on a once a week release of passing ROFR if none tomorrow.
Could Disney be so slow on ROFR now not just because of staffing but wanting to logjam a lot of points because of amount of points rebooking due to the closure?

I've been looking at BWV as well and am curious to see how this goes for you. When recently browsing for BWV resale, I came across the site https://www.buyatimeshare.com/, which shows a few BWV contracts either in negotiations or "found a buyer" that are between $80 and $90 per point. Doesn't seem very realistic compared to all the other resale sites.
I think this is the site which has very high closing fees and one buyer last month had trouble with them for not having accurate points in contract.

Nicstress---$135-$43460-300-CCV@WL-Mar-118/19, 300/20, 300/21, 300/22- sent 4/21

I will add my contract has been sent back by Disney not once but TWICE. The first time was on May 15 due to a typo in the contract language. The second time was on May 28 because Disney decided they wanted to move around points. The seller had canceled a trip and originally points were taken from Use Year 2021 and extra points were added to 2019. So I was getting 181 2019 UY points banked plus 300 for 2020 and only 237 for 2021 (300 again for 2022). On 5/28 Disney put the 2021 points back and left me with 118 for 2019. But full points moving forward. Each time it has gone back I feel like it goes to the bottom of the pile for review again. It's now been over 6 weeks. :guilty:
AMAZING price though!!!!!!

No it's not the same outfit as the other one that folks had a prob with, but their reviews are not good. I'd be very cautious.

https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/tampa/pro...uyatimesharecom-0653-6160390/customer-reviews
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/buyatimeshare_com.html

Pinkxray---$100-$11182-100-SSR-Oct-1/19, 100/20, 100/21- sent 6/5

I was hoping to get SSR for closer to 95 but really wanted an Oct. Use year with 2020 points. I have been watching contracts for maybe 2 months and this is one of the first Oct. use years that wasn’t stripped and they came down to $100. I’ve been out of work since March after having surgery. I return to work on Monday and won’t be able to check resale sites or call brokers during the week so Im happy to have this all done before returning to work.

DS5 and I watched a few YouTube videos of SSR yesterday and he was so excited to see all the pools and arcade. I can’t wait until we can finally get there!

I was also and at 5 weeks now.
So there have been reports of passing ROFR on Tuesday May21, Thursday May 28 and Wednesday June 3. It appears Disney is on a once a week release of passing ROFR if none tomorrow.
Could Disney be so slow on ROFR now not just because of staffing but wanting to logjam a lot of points because of amount of points rebooking due to the closure?
I am at the same point as you - submitted our BCV contract on 4/30. I agree that it seems like it is almost an intentional delay. And even when we do get approval, I was told several weeks ago that the estoppel letter will take another 3 weeks or so. I am beyond frustrated at how long this is taking. We wanted to book a trip at the end of March and have no points to do so. My other contract (VGF) that was approved in 9 days at the beginning of April is being held up because the sellers cannot get a notary in Brazil to finish the paperwork so that one may never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter