Road Trip!

I want you people to know that I am staying at work for you... :goodvibes I only have a laptop at home and I find it difficult to copy and paste with a touchpad and no mouse...

I am uploading the photos from 7/6 and will get started as soon as they are all up! :thumbsup2

Uh, Jenn, you know you can attach a mouse to your laptop, right? :rotfl:

It only costs a couple bucks.

Heck, I'll send you one!

(Just trying to speed things up!)

Uh, Jenn, you know you can attach a mouse to your laptop, right? :rotfl:

It only costs a couple bucks.

Heck, I'll send you one!

(Just trying to speed things up!)

Yeah... I know... My husband, the computer genius, keeps telling me that too... and we have plenty of computers and parts lying around (he used to own his own wedding videography business)... the other problem is finding a location in my house that is not currently occupied my unpacked luggage (i know, i know), a cat, unopened mail, or laundry... :scared:

Anywho... while my pics were uploading, I went on snapfish and ordered 422 of my favorite pictures from this trip to scrapbook... :cutie:
I wonder if this scrapbook will ever come to fruition? As Nelson is fond of saying: "My wife doesn't scrapbook, she buys scrapbooking stuff"... Yeah, yeah, yeah... he is so dern funny! :headache:

Alright all uploaded...

Coming up: Monday, July 6

So, Monday July 6, 2009

The plan (their plan, not ours... I think we were just along for the Disney Commando-Style ride)... :sad2: was to go to Hollywood studios this day...

Nelson went to pick them up while I hung back and made breakfast in our room... scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, english muffins, fresh fruit... just the basics....

After breakfast, we headed towards to dock to catch the boat to MGM.

DSC03347.jpg

I adore that kid!

I took a couple other shots of the resort from the dock area while we waited for the boat...

DSC03348.jpg

DSC03349.jpg

We arrived at MGM and took a picture at the entrance... they had Katie make it look like she was holding balloons with the rest of us hanging on to her... wonder how that came out...

As we were done taking that picture, we were almost run over by this:

DSC03354.jpg

Craziness!

We headed down Sunset Blvd. b/c of course Katie the Roller Coaster nut wanted to do ToT and RnRC... We grabbed FP's for RnR and stood stand by for ToT... It was great - as usual... We noticed the line was real short, so we rode it again! We had to buy the pics from the ride - they came out too good.... In one Nelson is making an absolutely horrified face while KAtie and I are both pointing and laughing at him... Nancy only did one roller coaster (EE onthe first day)

We had a little while before our FP's for RnR could be used so we grabbed a quick lunch at one of the places near there...

DSC03362.jpg

Nelson and I split a salad and pizza... It was edible...

Nelson wasn't feeling great - so he headed back to the room.... :sad1:

Nancy went off to explore other parts of MGM while Katie and I walked through the stores...

We caught these two in action...

DSC03356.jpg

DSC03355.jpg

Katie and I found this one especially funny b/c our Dad is a cop... notice the banana...

After riding RnR (only once I think - cannot remember) we had to head back to the room... We had reservations at the Cape May Buffet!!!!

This place was adorable! I love it! Reasonable too at $30 pp considering the offerings of the buffett. Clams, salmon, a couple pasta/seafood dishes and all kinds of other stuff....

As soon as we sat, we promptly started coloring the paper table "cloth" with the provided crayons... I love it when places do this... We had lots of fun with it... before, during, and after dinner...

DSC03365.jpg

I was too busy eating so that explains the lack of photographic evidence....

We all started with the "New England" Clam Chowdah... Tip: Nevah serve New England clam chowdah to a bunch of New Englandahs... While the chowder was very good, it was not NE clam chowder (at least not my our exacting, snotty, Cape Cod standards)... :laughing:

Our server, James, was fantastic! You could tell on his face when he found out we were from Massachusetts that he was worried... but he was a great sport and lots of fun....

I took a picture of one of Nelson's two plate fulls of clams...

DSC03368.jpg

Oh! and the bucket of clams he devoured too...

DSC03364.jpg

The dessert offerings were amazing!

DSC03369.jpg

I believe we have a carrot cake, a key lime pie cheesecake tart, an oreo cookie tart, and a strawberry cheesecake tart... OMG!!! These were fantastic... I fought my way through and managed one bite of each...

DSC03370.jpg

Well... just before we left ~ I managed to stuff down the oreo cookie thing... they were incredible... They also had other dessert things, cookies, apple crisp, brownies.... more typical stuff...

This place was wonderful and I truly think a good value at $30 pp

We decided then to head over and walk the Boardwalk to work off some of the food...

DSC03371.jpg

Tuesday, July 7...

Epcot today!

Nelson picked Nancy and Katie up at POR and brought them back to our room for a quick breakfast... very quick... cinnamon rolls, croissants, juice and coffee...

We wanted to get to the International Gateway at Epcot before the park opened. We arrived at the Gateway and there was nobody there except the Security Guard checking bags and two people at the turnstiles... It was 8:55 and Epcot opened at 9:00... They let us in!

It was nice to snag a few pictures in Epcot with few to no people in them:

DSC03376.jpg

DSC03378.jpg

DSC03379.jpg

DSC03380.jpg

I had to take this picture of my stepmother... She has a "real" picture like this from one of her high school trips to Europe...

DSC03381.jpg

Nelson and Katie had taken off to get FP's for Soarin. Nancy and I meandered on over... When we got there, Nelson and Katie were no where to be found! We assumed that they had got the FP's and hopped in line for Soarin'... So we hopped in line for Soarin... we were about halfway there when Nancy's cell phone rang... They had been in line getting FP's the whole time! :eek: We offered to wait until there part of the line made it to where we were but they said no... So Nancy and I continued on into Soarin'... I just :love: this ride so much. My favorite is the citrus smell....

Our ride was over :sad1: and we waited for Katie and Nelson... Our FP's were only 40 minutes away and the World Showcase was not open yet so we hung around, checked out the fishies and stuff...

DSC03382.jpg

This guy eluded my camera when we ate at Coral Reef the week before!

I think we did the boat ride and the Circle of Life thing... I :love: Pumba and Timon... Did I ever tell you that I have a friend that has two adorable shar pei's ... One is named Timon... they couldn't name the other one Pumba because it is similar to a dirty word in Portuguese... :lmao: Dogs name is Isaac!

Our FP's were ready and we hopped on Soarin' again... Did I tell you how much I :love: this ride?

There were some on and off again rains, so we sucked it up and walked around... I took this picture of my little sister...

DSC03386.jpg

Then decided that I needed to be in the picture...
DSC03388.jpg

(photo has been cropped to hide the Portuguese rolls hiding beneath the shirt)

We went over to Norway, saw the move, rode the ride... It wasn't so bad... But during the part of the ride where we could see outside, we discovered our own Maelstrom... The rain was coming down in sheets, visibility was zero! The wind was real bad too!

We hung around in the shops for awhile where I discovered that I cannot afford to visit Norway. I picked up a $500 sweater! :eek: And promptly put it back down...

DSC03391.jpg

Katie and her new boytoy!

The rain had slowed enough for us to convince them that we should go to an indoor sit-down, enjoy your meal, restaurant to wait out the weather... We were able to drag them over to Nine Dragons... We were seated, Katie took one look at the menu and proclaimed... "This is Chinese food like at home".... :scared1: No, Katie it is not... so they left... which was ok with us...

We had our usual... Honey Sesame Chicken... We both love this dish so much... We actually have the recipe for it at home... Do you think we ever make it?

I managed to get Nelson to use the chop sticks...

DSC03395.jpg

Until about 1/2way through the meal... then they became spears...

DSC03397.jpg

We left Nine Dragons very satisfied and decided to head back to the resort... I was in need of a shower....

On the way back we found this guy...

DSC03398.jpg

DSC03399.jpg

DSC03400.jpg

He was silly! :laughing:

We made it back to our room, had a wonderful shower and a quick nap before guess who showed up at our door....

"Let's go to Downtown Disney"

Me: oh. yes. lets.

It wasn't that bad... but I do not know where all their energy comes from...

We bopped around DTD, did a little shopping in the WOD, typical DTD stuff... Katie wanted to eat at Rainforest Cafe... the wait was 1.5 hours... Nancy didn't want to wait that long so we ended up at Earl of Sandwich... fine by me - I like this place. Katie, on the other hand was not happy...

She wanted Rainforest Cafe, had a hissy fit... and refused to eat at Earl of Sandwich...

DSC03409.jpg

This was the first time things got a little hairy.. I have a very interesting relationship with my step mother and I was dreading this... I hate the way she treats my sister sometimes.. although, the way she treated me growing up was much worse... (even the judge agreed... and I moved out of my fathers house when I was 16)

We went through some more stores with Grumpy Kate and finally got her to take this picture...

DSC03411.jpg

Nancy would not let her buy any candy or anything b/c of the whole dinner situation so being the good brother in law he is, Nelson bought her some junk food while I distracted Nancy and smuggled it to Katie once we dropped her off at her hotel....

Kinda funny installment girl. :laughing:

Love the chowder part.
Why can't people out side of New England seem to make this. :confused3

And the chopstick spear is great. :rotfl:

Kinda funny installment girl. :laughing:

Love the chowder part.
Why can't people out side of New England seem to make this. :confused3

And the chopstick spear is great. :rotfl:

I try. :goodvibes Picture are uploading for 7/8 now...

I don't know why making NE Clam Chowdah is so dang difficult.... :confused: Hey! Ever been to Captain Parkers in Yarmouth? *drool

I'm my name isn't Lucy, Jenn. What are you smoking?

It's Rob, remember? We met a few weeks back . . . shared some clamarie? Remember?

Rob, Lucy, Whatevah! :laughing:

What are you smoking hun? You okay?

I would NORMALLY never make fun of typos and stuff since I am the typo queen but that post Rob/Lucy... It just called to me...

And yes, I do remember the calamari, one of the highlights of my trip! :hug:

Rob, Lucy, Whatevah! :laughing:

What are you smoking hun? You okay?

I would NORMALLY never make fun of typos and stuff since I am the typo queen but that post Rob/Lucy... It just called to me...

And yes, I do remember the calamari, one of the highlights of my trip! :hug:

Oh, it's like that is it?

Okay. I'll start proofreading all of your posts now.

I'll have you reduced to tears within the hour.

Wednesday, July 8

I honestly have no clue what we did on this morning... I don't have any pictures... Hmmm....

Anyway I know that in the afternoon we headed down to The Marketplace at BC and grabbed some croissants and goodies:

DSC03418.jpg

After eating, we explored our resort... the thought was to check out the pool but the clouds were rolling in...

DSC03428.jpg

So we just walked around...

The quiet pool at BCV just outside the doors of our villa:

DSC03412.jpg

The Breezeway:

DSC03413.jpg

MMmmm... Cannot remember the name of this room, it is off to the right when you enter the villas:

DSC03417.jpg

DSC03416.jpg

Love those little chairs!

It was Welcome Home Wednesday for DVC members so we decided to head over to the Boardwalk to wait for the Atlantic Dance Hall to open up.

*This place was really neat. I could place the pictures from Rob and Scotts wedding reception! Super Cool Guys! :thumbsup2*

DSC03426.jpg

Took this picture while waiting outside:

DSC03422.jpg

They opened the doors and were giving these out:

DSC03424.jpg

Mini Key Lime Pie Tartlets from Fultons Crab House. Yummy...

They also announced that Fultons was a 30% off place for lunch for DVC members (don't know if that is still going on)...

DSC03423.jpg

They had a fun little question and answer Jeopardy like game... It was cute... We didn't win anything... :sad2:

It was a cute little event and we all received red DVC hats when we left (which have been added to the stack we got off the ship last year) :rolleyes:

On the walk back, we saw this guy in a tree:

DSC03427.jpg

At some point after WHW, Nancy and Katie joined us (side note - they went to Rainforest Cafe for lunch - Katie was happy, I was relieved)... we went to MGM that night for a little while:

DSC03429.jpg

We went to a bunch of the little ride thingys... Great Movie Ride, Little Mermaid thing, Prince Caspian thing, etc...

We headed back to BCV and stopped at Beaches and Cream on our way...

DSC03438.jpg

DSC03439.jpg

Yummm....

Nelson had a plain cone with coffee ice cream:

DSC03440.jpg

I had vanilla with peanut butter sauce, chocolate sauce, and almonds...

DSC03441.jpg

Don't know what my step mother got... eh...

And Katie got this creation, I think it was chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce and rainbow sprinkles....

DSC03443.jpg

I said or did something to make her laugh (probably dumped ice cream into my cleavage) but got an awesome picture of her in the process:

DSC03444.jpg

Oh, it's like that is it?

Okay. I'll start proofreading all of your posts now.

I'll have you reduced to tears within the hour.

Ha! My posts are rife with typos and bad grammar... It would take you longer than an hour to find them all there are so many! :surfweb:

Ha! My posts are rife with typos and bad grammar... It would take you longer than an hour to find them all there are so many! :surfweb:

I don't need to point out spelling and grammar to make you cry.

Just wait . . . .

:rolleyes1

I don't need to point out spelling and grammar to make you cry.

Your right... Kleenex commercials, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, TLC's "I didn't know I was pregnant", "Say yes to the dress"... Baby Story on Discovery... Army Wives... all of these shows have me blubbering like a hormonal, emotional fool....

Even stories on ESPN about High School Athletes overcoming some amazing odds were getting to me yesterday...

I was also eating Lindt Balls and licking the salt off of potato chips....

Oh boy! Here it comes! :eek:

Thursday, July 9

This was our last full day there :sad2::sad2::sad2:

We slept in and headed to DTD for lunch... we figured with the 30% DVC discount at Fultons, it was a good time to check this place out.

On our way into DTD, we spotted this guy watering the plants:

DSC03448.jpg

Fultons Crab House

DSC03450.jpg

They didn't have crab claws listed on their lunch menu but our waiter (who was very good, very helpful) said that we could order any of the crab and/or lobster dishes off of the dinner menu. They had a platter of Alaskan King Crab Claws (1.5 lbs) for $51... I tried in vain to get Nelson to split the order with me... I couldn't spend $51 on myself alone for lunch... just couldn't do it... The waiter over heard me trying to get Nelson to split the platter and offered to get me a half size order for $26... :thumbsup2

My crab claws:

DSC03456.jpg

I have not had crab claws in years... my grandma used to make them and she died in 2003...

These were soooo good. So easy to break open and very tasty...

I was so stuffed by the time I finished the 3 claws that I barely touched the potatoes... I did eat half of one though and they were very good!

Nelson had this:

DSC03457.jpg

Slock-eyed salmon or something like that.... He said it was very tasty.

We went back to the resort to chill... it was our last day and we wanted to enjoy the quiet while my sister and stepmother hit up 3 parks!!!

After enjoying the peace and quiet and once our stomachs were telling us it was dinner time, we headed over to the Boardwalk...

I so wanted to rent one of these:

DSC03466.jpg

Nelson taking in the sights:

DSC03462.jpg

the thought was to go to Spoodles but then something else caught Nelson's eye:

DSC03467.jpg

The idea of NACHOS!

DSC03473.jpg

We enjoyed our nachos very much. They were excellent! They made them just the way I asked ~with just about everything on the side~... Our waitress' (we had two, one in training) were wonderful here as well...

Nelson had the salmon BLT:

DSC03475.jpg

I had the Bacon Cheeseburger:

DSC03474.jpg

While we were there, they started up their live internet broadcast show...

DSC03477.jpg

Nelson thought it was amusing that they were using much of the same equipment he has at home:

DSC03472.jpg

This was right behind me... so sad... :sad1:

DSC03478.jpg

Shortly after arriving back at the resort we heard loud banging and music...

Of course, on our last night there... we realize we can see the Illumination fireworks from our balcony...

DSC03483.jpg

DSC03487.jpg

DSC03489.jpg

DSC03492.jpg

Nancy and Katie came by and we made a return trip to Beaches and Cream... I forgot to mention that there was a Kitchen Sink ordered the first night we were there and this night also... Its looks good initially until you think of all those flavors running together... yucky!

I didn't take any pictures this time around - :sad2: I don't know why...

After ice cream, we took Nancy and Katie back to their resort...

This was Katie... trying to nap on the bench while waiting for the valet...

DSC03494.jpg

Up next... (probably tomorrow) will be our last day in WDW and the trip home... :sad1:

Whew...all caught up.

I was looking at your TR tonight, drooling over the food, when hubby decided to rain on my parade......"Our trip is over a year away, get off the computer, it's my turn"

I will be trying some new places when we go NEXT Oct

Jenn
Again - you take great photos girl.
What kind of camera are you using?

I love that your reports have a lot of personality injected. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter