Road Trip!

First, our room at BCV (which is now my absolute favorite resort in WDW)

DANG IT! The tresurer has just showed up... guess the rest of this saga will have to wait. UGH! I hate her!

O.K

This may take a little longer than planned... but here are the pictures of BCV:

DSC03248.jpg

A little friend:

DSC03259.jpg

DSC03252.jpg

Our room:

DSC03253.jpg

DSC03255.jpg

DSC03254.jpg

DSC03256.jpg

DSC03261.jpg

DSC03257.jpg

DSC03258.jpg

I SO love BCV. I hope we stay there many times in the future... I felt very "at home" there... More than anywhere else. Plus! Walking distance to Epcot (and walking distance for me is a very short distance) :laughing:and a short boatride to MGM is just the best...

So... Nelson went to pick up Katie and Nancy. He brought them back to your room to check it out... Nancy walks in and says... "ohhh... we could have crashed here" Me: "mm-hmm... plenty of room" inside I was saying something very different...

Katie was in the mood for a roller coaster and since Mother Nature has managed to tell me I wasnt prego that morning - I was in the mood for a roller coaster ride too... We headed to AK...

You should see some of the other players here:

DSC03311.jpg

We grabbed Fast Passes for EE (the ride was down for a little while so the FP's were being honored at any time that day after 3 - i think) and hopped in line for Kali River Rapids... I loved it, my only complaint was that it was too short of a ride.... Nelson and I got soaked! It felt so good in that heat!

At this time EE was up and running with only a 30 minute wait so we decided to save our FP's for later and ride stand by... It took less than 30 minutes... This was my first time on EE... It was incredible! I love, love, loved it! (I will scan all those professional pictures and stuff when I get my photopass CD and post them all separately at a later time!)

We went and grabbed some lunch in dinoland, then hit up its tough to be a bug... that was fun! We managed to run over and catch Festival of the Lion King which was really cool!

DSC03295.jpg

Lion King is one of my absolute favorite movies...

Alot of my pictures got jumbled up in the upload so I am not 100% on the order of things...

We saw monkeys:

DSC03270.jpg

DSC03269.jpg

and ducks, of course:

DSC03305.jpg

We found these somewhere and took some pictures:

DSC03301.jpg

DSC03296.jpg

DSC03299.jpg

I was too short! I couldn't reach! :rotfl2:

Then we headed back to EE... What a ride! I could go on over and over and over if all those other people where not there! :mad:

Up next:

Hoop Dee Doo Review...

I wanted to shower before going to dinner, so we headed back to the room... Nancy and Katie hung out while I cleaned up... I was feeling so disgusting from sweating, cooling down, sweating, getting wet on a ride... sunscreen residue all over... you get the drift...

We headed out to FW...

We needed to go to FW and catch a boat (or bus) over to Pioneer Hall where the Hoop Dee Doo Review was held.

WE got there and there was still over a half hour until showtime... Drives me crazy that the tickets said we needed to arrive 45 minutes prior to showtime... it was hot and I was sticky again, and hungry, and thirsty, and cranky... :mad: Not one of my finer afternoons... I just sat there on the benches and sulked...

We had skipped the picture b/c I was not feeling pretty...

We finally were able to head in...

Air Conditioning, water, cornbread, and salad made me very happy and turned my mood right around:

DSC03321.jpg

We had some pretty decent seats just outside the center of the room:

DSC03322.jpg

Dinner arrived:

DSC03324.jpg

DSC03323.jpg

And the show went on:

DSC03327.jpg

DSC03326.jpg

DSC03328.jpg

Then it was time for dessert:

DSC03329.jpg

DSC03331.jpg

The show itself was very funny... the food was good... the service stunk!

The pots of food were dropped (I mean literally with a clunk) on to the table... That may have been part of the show... but we were never able to find our waitress for refills on our drinks or refills on the chicken which is the only thing Katie would eat... Nancy was pissed... and if I had been the one to put out the $260 I would have been too!

We calmed Nancy down so that she didnt attack the waitress the one time she came around (to hand us the old fashioned washboard and a spoon to make some noise with)... Not only was the waitress absent, but when she came to hand us the washboard, she gave us a boatload of attitude when Nancy asked her to bring us more chicken... She was just downright bad!

We had a good time anyway, the show was fun and the food was yummy.

We hopped on the boat and headed back to FW where a welcoming committee greeted us on deck:

DSC03346.jpg

Katie wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom... that child is crazy... she had been awake since 3 a.m. that morning... But Nelson said he would take them to MK and dump me off at our room... I went in, enjoyed my shower and my comfy bed... I tried staying awake, but he came prancing in around 2:30 a.m.

Up next (once the treasurer leaves and I am able to upload photos from 7/6)... MGM....

I LOVE Hoop de Doo!

It's awesome! The food is so good! (bad for you, but so good!)

And we've got several friends in the cast (former Adventurers Club performers). In fact, I can tell from your photos that you saw one of them the night you were there. :banana:

Let me guess, gratuity was included right?

::yes:: Which was good for her... she was so bad, she probably would have received 10-15% from me and I am usually a 20-25% tipper...

:sad2:

The thing that made us even more mad was that there were some waiters who were constantly at the tables near us, bringing out drinks, refilling the food buckets, having fun with their customers, etc.

I LOVE Hoop de Doo!

It's awesome! The food is so good! (bad for you, but so good!)

And we've got several friends in the cast (former Adventurers Club performers). In fact, I can tell from your photos that you saw one of them the night you were there. :banana:

I did love it Rob, it was funny... I love slapstick humor sometimes...

The food was good, but I would have liked to see more of it... she dropped off 1 order of ribs, fried chicken, mashed pots for a table of four adults and then was never seen again... :sad2:

Cool that your Adventurers Club friends works there! :thumbsup2

::yes:: Which was good for her... she was so bad, she probably would have received 10-15% from me and I am usually a 20-25% tipper...

It's really sad that some servers have the "Hey I can sit on the loading dock and smoke and make the same amount of money" attitude! The automatic grat has caused service in some Disney location to really go down hill!

It's really sad that some servers have the "Hey I can sit on the loading dock and smoke and make the same amount of money" attitude! The automatic grat has caused service in some Disney location to really go down hill!

It would be nice to see Disney get rid of automatic gratuities... I understand where this can be a problem because not everyone tips well... but when the service is poor b/c the server knows they are going to get their money anyway... it just gives me a bad attitude towards the whole industry (if only for a minute until the next nice server comes along)

If this woman had to work for her tip and had been a better server I would have had nothing negative to say and since you never know who might read this and be turned off by the whole thing, Disney and that server could very well be losing $$$

Funny isn't it when you tell someone something and they just do not get it until they see it? ( My Gf is like that, I could have told her 20 times that there would be room for 4 people in a 1 bedroom, but she would not have believed me until she saw it with her own eyes.:confused3).

I am glad you all had fun at HDDR! We did it once, all adults, not a favorite. :sad2: We had similar "bad service". I was not a fan of the food ( but I never really am anywhere) and really just needed drinks to deal with sitting right in front of the stage! :eek: I think we got 1 refill. It really is a shame becasue I am the type of person if you keep my drink filled , included gratuity or not, I will lay money down.

We haven't been to HDDR. Just not my thing. And I don't like family style food. I like menus. If I can't have a menu I will tolerate a buffet. I also hate bad service! :mad:

Our waiter for breakfast on my b-day at CP last year was marginal at best. We also had a marginal waiter at Jiko a couple of years ago.

BCV looks really nice. Maybe we will have to stay there sometime. :)

The Beach Club Villas are beautiful. I love that whole resort area.

Jenn-You're so sweet to want to include your sister. I know I could not take both my Mom and my sister at the same time; seperately yes....but both...never!

Trying to talk my sister into a trip next year. She likes Disney but not enough to want to spend her "vacation" there.

<insert really annoying whining noises here>

That woman is going to be in my office for the rest of the day! :headache:

I am not a happy camper :mad:

I planned out which pictures I am going to upload from the next two days and everything... :furious:

There is no issue with me "getting in trouble" or anything (summer is my downtime at work so all I really do is leftover projects from the year)... It is that she is so flippin' nosey and will promptly tell the rest of the little old ladies what I was doing and they will all gossip about it and I am so sick of being their central gossip victim that I try to avoid doing anything that will give them reason... pirate:

Make sense? :confused:

If we go to a buffet at breakfast we are usually the first ones through the line. We get up REALLY early at WDW so we book the first seating, and we have been to these places before so we know where things are. Plus, there are only 3 of us and we don't have small children so we can move through the line expeditiously. :thumbsup2

At dinner buffets we use copious amounts of anti-bacterial gel and try to scoop from the BACK of the serving dishes where fewer fingers have been grubbing. Then I try not to think about it. :rotfl2:

I want you people to know that I am staying at work for you... :goodvibes I only have a laptop at home and I find it difficult to copy and paste with a touchpad and no mouse...

I am uploading the photos from 7/6 and will get started as soon as they are all up! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter