River Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
The utilidors are not below ground level. They are the first floor as you said.
20,000 water was not on the first floor. To leak it would have to go uphill.
If the tunnles have leakage it is from the moisture in the soil and leaking pipes here and there.

Interesting! Thanks for sharing ~ :thumbsup2

I will have to do a little more investigating, but it looks like the Main Street Barber Shop is gone and they have enclosed the alcove between the Emporium and the clothing store.

Larry

The barber shop closed?? Really?? My son just got his hair cut their in September!!

I will have to do a little more investigating, but it looks like the Main Street Barber Shop is gone and they have enclosed the alcove between the Emporium and the clothing store.

Larry

I don't know how accurate this may be we just did DD haircut there Early Dec 2009.

Where did it move to??

Closer to guest services in a little shop facing the train station. It has actually been there awhile.

Before they closed in part of Center street to add more space to the Emporium, it used to be on Center Street on the left as you are facing the castle.

Closer to guest services in a little shop facing the train station. It has actually been there awhile.

Before they closed in part of Center street to add more space to the Emporium, it used to be on Center Street on the left as you are facing the castle.
What a relief. One of my rituals at the beginning of a WDW visit is to get my haircut with the Pixie dust treatment. I know, I know not much up there to cut, but the Pixie dust hides the baldness for a day.:earsboy:

How did we go from River Country to hair cuts? :confused3

(I'm glad to hear that it's still there though :goodvibes )

Does anyone else have personal photos from RC that they'd like to share? It's so much fun "going back in time" :thumbsup2

There is debris outside of the little building that is at one end of the barrel bridge:

RiverCountry092.jpg

This yellow thing is one of the old tubes from the White Water Rapids slide. The banner is, ironically, a banner reminding guests to recycle.

RiverCountry093.jpg

The door to the little shack was securely fastened by a piece of string:

RiverCountry094.jpg

The inside of the shack is full of trash and other artifacts from River Country, including an employee recognition plaque:

RiverCountry095.jpg

RiverCountry096.jpg

This looks like some kind of diorama or something. Notice the random doll head. Creepy!:

RiverCountry097.jpg

RiverCountry100.jpg

A few more shots from inside the shack:

RiverCountry098.jpg

RiverCountry099.jpg

RiverCountry101.jpg

That’s all I have!

TCD

Those pics are amazing! How did you get them?! I can't even explain my feeling when looking through those pictures. I never went to River Country, but have often passed it when on the ferries. It is so intriguing how Disney just up and left all the remains. Kinda spooky and eerie looking at the pictures. And can't help but feeling a bit gutted when seeing it just sitting there rotting away.

looks like great place for gators now. what a shame disney just lets things go to pieces. river country was a great little water park. don't know why they didn;'t at least keep the pool open. they just let things go away. kinda like the swamp trail. it used to be a great place to walk and enjoy the nature. but now i guess they are more interested in making money than keeping all the neat things up and running at the fort.

anyway tcd how did you get in there?

All the water they used was the lake water. It was shut down when Florida announced people should stay away from swimming in fresh water due to dangerous bacteria. Still very sad :(

I had never heard of River Country before, looks like it was a great place. I would love to go explore!

Is it just me, or does River Country look a little more than just run down and abandoned. It looks trashed! :confused3

Maybe it has been re-purposed into Disney's secret landfill.

Is it just me, or does River Country look a little more than just run down and abandoned. It looks trashed! :confused3

Looks like most any derelict site left for a bunch of years. You'd think Disney would demolish the remains and haul off the debris. Though leaving it abandoned is cheaper until a curious guest gets hurt or killed there, then the lawsuits could cost a bundle to litigate and settle.

Don't forget, we experience hurricanes down here. Some (not all) of the trash could be attributed to that.

just subbing so I can find this again for DH!!

Just an fyi... you don't have to actually post in a thread to subscribe to it. Just click on the "Thread Tools" drop down menu at the top of the thread and select "Subscribe to this thread" :thumbsup2

For example:

86.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter