River Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets do something to bring back R C it was a great place if he saw it now Walt Disney would be sad.

They are doing something to river country. From the amount of surveying and bore holes that have been drilled, something is very near in the future.

I would tend to believe they'll never rebuild RC though. It would be nice to see something else constructed there.

I would tend to believe they'll never rebuild RC though. It would be nice to see something else constructed there.

Yes with the two other Water Parks that are much bigger and easier to get to River Country will never open again as a Water Park.

I loved River Country as a kid. Every year we returned to WDW, my brother and I could never wait to get back on the water slides at Whoop 'N Holler Hollow - we looked forward to it all year. I have so many great memories there, it makes me sad to see my old stomping grounds in such a state of disrepair. I hope they demolish it soon and build something fun there.

Here are some pictures of good 'ole River Country my mom took during a family vacation in February 1980:

Kiddie Cove
pumti.jpg

View towards Bay Lake/Contemporary
uorpj.jpg

White Water Rapids
voohhs.jpg

2u8f7g6.jpg

My Brother
235ons.jpg

9 year old Me
333hbnl.jpg

White Water Rapids Exit
mlgm78.jpg

2qc4diq.jpg

Water Slides
2hztwtz.jpg

Georgi thanks so much for sharing those great pics with us! :thumbsup2 :cool1: :goodvibes

Just thought I'd share but thanks for the pics of the aging River Country waterpark...btw you may want to check out Bing's "bird's eye" option on their maps site.
It gives you a great perspective of what the park and other areas of Disney look like from the air.
Link:
bing.com/maps

then search for river country, orlando fl and use the drop down where you see aerial and select bird's eye....enjoy

Just thought I'd share but thanks for the pics of the aging River Country waterpark...btw you may want to check out Bing's "bird's eye" option on their maps site.
It gives you a great perspective of what the park and other areas of Disney look like from the air.
Link:
bing.com/maps

then search for river country, orlando fl and use the drop down where you see aerial and select bird's eye....enjoy

Sounds like a commercial for Bing lol :laughing:

We'll be up at WDW soon. Maybe I'll ask around and see if any of the CMs has an idea about what might be going on with the property.

My understanding of why River Country was closed is that there was a statute/law passed in Florida that forbids swimming in any natural body of water that is not replenished, via a spring, river, ect...

Anybody know a good boat captain/bus driver/monorail driver to ask to verify?
:rotfl:

Amanda in TN

My understanding of why River Country was closed is that there was a statute/law passed in Florida that forbids swimming in any natural body of water that is not replenished, via a spring, river, ect...

Anybody know a good boat captain/bus driver/monorail driver to ask to verify?
:rotfl:

Amanda in TN

The bigger reasons are that it was small compared to the other two parks and was very hard to get to.

When it was built it was in the middle everything, now its in a far corner of the world.

I've been a fan of this park ever since i first went to it in Aug 1994, been looking up details the last few months and it makes me sad to see all the pictures etc, i decided to make a youtube video with my family video of some of river country. I also used some of the photos posted here, but credited you to it, hope you dont mind, here it is

youtube.com/watch?v=VHCzxYzUWGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter