Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Less than 2 weeks away from our one day in the park, and with this thread, practicing on the app daily, and constantly thinking about how it's gonna be getting or not getting a boarding group is stressful! I feel like this one ride I haven't yet been on has taken over my life, lol. 😫 I need help.

Less than 2 weeks away from our one day in the park, and with this thread, practicing on the app daily, and constantly thinking about how it's gonna be getting or not getting a boarding group is stressful! I feel like this one ride I haven't yet been on has taken over my life, lol. 😫 I need help.
No kidding! It was almost like going through withdrawals yesterday NOT trying for a BG...the temptation was there to try again just to see which one we might get...but somewhat relieving of not having the minute or so of the associated stress.

Right now, boarding groups are the only way to get on ROTR. There are no special accommodations for groups with impacted schedules. Even people paying thousands of dollars for VIP tours must be at the park at 8:00 am and have to get a boarding group like everyone else. No standby line. No FP. No single rider line. Only boarding groups.

really? they're not taking VIPs in? i find that hard to believe....

It was really freaking stressful this morning. I feel like it compromised my morning a bit because I felt off from the stress and even once you get a boarding group, it is such a process getting over there and going through the process when you have kids who are too short or too scared to ride. We are back at the hotel relaxing! Ha!

I’m glad we did it, but even my husband said he’s good waiting until our almost 4 year old grows and inch and then we’ll just all ride together. Rider swap just takes forever even going through the FP lane.

i'm stressed just reading these posts, so i can only imagine the stress levels when having to navigate the gate lines and then the app....
i'd be a basket case for sure.....
what's the height limit? i'm guessing our youngest grandchild isn't going to be tall enough (when we all make it to DHS together in 2021)...

It's also exhausting. I rode it in WDW. We were jet lagged, woke up at 4:30, got the gates at 5:35, scanned in around 6:20. Found a spot with good service, and waited until 7am opening. Plus it was 35, windy and cold. We left at 2pm. Couldn't make a full day.

My husband and i will be at DL in october after a 15 hour non-stop flight.....that's jet lag on steroids!!!
although we'll have to wait until the next day to ride ROTR...
My best friend is at WDW now.
They were at DHS yesterday. She said they left the park in the afternoon as they were totally exhausted from getting up early and the stress of getting their boarding group (14).
She'd planned to do so many things at GE, but they had to go back to the resort to rest.

really? they're not taking VIPs in? i find that hard to believe....

i'm stressed just reading these posts, so i can only imagine the stress levels when having to navigate the gate lines and then the app....
i'd be a basket case for sure.....
what's the height limit? i'm guessing our youngest grandchild isn't going to be tall enough (when we all make it to DHS together in 2021)...

My husband and i will be at DL in october after a 15 hour non-stop flight.....that's jet lag on steroids!!!
although we'll have to wait until the next day to ride ROTR...
My best friend is at WDW now.
They were at DHS yesterday. She said they left the park in the afternoon as they were totally exhausted from getting up early and the stress of getting their boarding group (14).
She'd planned to do so many things at GE, but they had to go back to the resort to rest.

Someone earlier on this thread reported that he/she was in a VIP group at DL on opening weekend and the VIP tour guide said that EVERYONE including VIP your guests would have to use the boarding group method otherwise they were NOT getting on the ride. No idea if that will be the case a few weeks from now but at least at that particular time, that was what happened.

So is there is a quick list of noted good spots in DL with good internet connectivity? Maybe just a quick hitter of locations that have worked? Crowd dependent of course I know but was just curious, thanks!

So is there is a quick list of noted good spots in DL with good internet connectivity? Maybe just a quick hitter of locations that have worked? Crowd dependent of course I know but was just curious, thanks!
There is no one best spot, although @WDWFigment has made a list of some good ones in his ROTR strategy post on his blog (disneytouristblog).

I think the best advice is to be as far away from everyone else as you can get.

Wanted to share our experience yesterday. Like a lot of people, I have been reading the reports and they seemed to be handling the lines at the gates well. I heard Saturday had been crowded at the parks and looked for updates but the morning still seemed to work getting people on. We arrived to the lines about 7:15 and like most we couldn’t figure out where the lines were. We ended up about 10 people back facing DCA. Tensions were high. We saw one man shove and swear at another man who grazed him while passing through the mass of people. Lines started moving and we made it to under the monorail at 7:46. We noticed a ton of people who had enjoyed EE at DCA running to meet their families in line just before 8. We noticed some people just cutting into lines and the clock was ticking. The guy in front of us had a friend join him at the last second and then that friend had ticket issues which took a few seconds to revolve but raised stress levels again. We were a group of 10 and 8 of us needed photos, 4 with SoCal tickets. Thankfully they weren’t taking photos or checking IDs.
We got in with 3 minutes to go. We went into Main St. 3 of us went up the stairs to try and the rest of the group staying near the flag pole. People were counting down seconds which were 3 seconds behind my analog seconds on my phone. My daughters got to the screen where you confirm your party but had error messages at the bottom telling them to reload. My app wasn’t opening. People around us were cheering. My nephew came up to say nobody could get it to work. Then my app opened and it told me I had a BG already. We think the AT&T phone got it as all of us on Verizon we’re struggling with different issues. BG 19. The entire morning was so stressful, I was ready for a nap at 8:01. We rode Indy and were called a few minutes later. Walk through line. Amazing! The adrenaline of the morning finally wore off and we were all exhausted. Back to nap before the evening. We are planning on trying again today and will arrive earlier just in case.

Today is our last day in the parks and all I have to say is thank you God for the 9am opening and that I don’t have to get a boarding group this morning! Ha! It’s my daughter’s fourth birthday and we are doing the BBB and lunch at Blue Bayou and arriving at 9:15 and not going near Galaxy’s Edge. Good luck to those of you fighting the good fight this morning!!!!!

I don't even know if I'm going to get to the park this year, yet here I am! This is the best support group you'll find, though.

Wanted to share our experience yesterday. Like a lot of people, I have been reading the reports and they seemed to be handling the lines at the gates well. I heard Saturday had been crowded at the parks and looked for updates but the morning still seemed to work getting people on. We arrived to the lines about 7:15 and like most we couldn’t figure out where the lines were. We ended up about 10 people back facing DCA. Tensions were high. We saw one man shove and swear at another man who grazed him while passing through the mass of people. Lines started moving and we made it to under the monorail at 7:46. We noticed a ton of people who had enjoyed EE at DCA running to meet their families in line just before 8. We noticed some people just cutting into lines and the clock was ticking. The guy in front of us had a friend join him at the last second and then that friend had ticket issues which took a few seconds to revolve but raised stress levels again. We were a group of 10 and 8 of us needed photos, 4 with SoCal tickets. Thankfully they weren’t taking photos or checking IDs.
We got in with 3 minutes to go. We went into Main St. 3 of us went up the stairs to try and the rest of the group staying near the flag pole. People were counting down seconds which were 3 seconds behind my analog seconds on my phone. My daughters got to the screen where you confirm your party but had error messages at the bottom telling them to reload. My app wasn’t opening. People around us were cheering. My nephew came up to say nobody could get it to work. Then my app opened and it told me I had a BG already. We think the AT&T phone got it as all of us on Verizon we’re struggling with different issues. BG 19. The entire morning was so stressful, I was ready for a nap at 8:01. We rode Indy and were called a few minutes later. Walk through line. Amazing! The adrenaline of the morning finally wore off and we were all exhausted. Back to nap before the evening. We are planning on trying again today and will arrive earlier just in case.

OMG - i had to take a nap after reading that!!! talk about stress!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i would have had a nervous breakdown!!!!
you said you think it was the ATT phone that got in....what kind of phone was it? iphone? android? recent? old? inquiring minds want to know..LOL....

wow, they only got through 72 boarding groups yesterday?
what happens to the people not called?
do they get to come back the next day?

They got through all the guaranteed groups. If you were in a backup group there is no guest recovery. They do guest recovery for the guaranteed groups only if they don't load all of them, but that has yet to happen at Disneyland and it's only happened a handful of time at DHS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter