Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for clarifying a need for documentation. I cannot recall ever needing that myself but I would not want to mislead anyone that it is never needed.

:wizard:
Another big line slow down last weekend when we were there (besides putting a CM on her apparent first day at the turnstiles for EMH on the second day of opening of ROTR...) was checking ID on every person who was using their SoCal ticket for the first time. I think that issuing that discount ticket simultaneously with the opening of this ride was terrible timing (but maybe not to Disney, since they sold a bunch of these tickets, based on my observation of them checking all of the IDs at the gates). It slows down the line so much because people have to dig their DL out of their back pack or wallet, and the line is just a standstill. Some of the CMs also then took the photo for the ticket, though others reported the ID was checked but photo was taken at a later entry into one of the parks, presumably to save time at morning entry and get more people into the parks to try for BGs.

Normally, the first time the ticket is used, a photo is taken and associated with that ticket. I do not recall there ever being a request for a document of any kind. Really they do not care, as long as the same person uses the ticket each day.

For you it will be helpful to write each person's name on each ticket so you know which ticket belongs to each person. It is usually recommended to snap a quick photo of each ticket in case you lose one. And I always write a cell # on the ticket in case it is lost, to improve the chance of being returned.

:wizard:

For Canadian resident tickets you have to show your proof of Canadian residence (ie passport) the first time you use them.

Hmmm I was there last Sunday, and today looking like it regarding boarding groups. I was BG 80 and we got to 81 that day. Got called at 8:20pm got to line at 8:50. Ride broke down while making line. Finished ride around 10:30. Avoid Sundays!!! lol.

This seems to be the longest downtime yet. If you don't count what looks like a false start around 3pm, it looks almost 5 hours down.

The engineer side of me would love to be on the diagnostic/troubleshooting/repair crew. I'd love to know what parts are breaking (please no conjecture here to prevent spoilers). However, I imagine that it is highly stressful. (Is it fixed yet? No. Is it fixed yet? No Is it fixed yet? Yes! Really? No...)

Plus I'll add that repeat ROTR riders will likely already know where their personal best cell service is, whose phone/cell provider was successful when they've previously scored BGs, how their phone's time was synced with the park's opening times!

I wandered around the park and found the spot that seemed to have good cell service for me on the day. It partly depends on where all the people have gone.

Also everyone with a cell connection should have exactly the same time reported by phones, down to the second. They all operate on a standard network time (as does Disney). I did see a YouTube video where some poor dad and his kid did not get a BG because the kid was, sadly, using an analog watch of his own to countdown the seconds - he was off by ten or so I think. Then the app wouldn't open for the dad for a good 20 seconds... basically only trust a cellular second hand.

This seems to be the longest downtime yet. If you don't count what looks like a false start around 3pm, it looks almost 5 hours down.

The engineer side of me would love to be on the diagnostic/troubleshooting/repair crew. I'd love to know what parts are breaking (please no conjecture here to prevent spoilers). However, I imagine that it is highly stressful. (Is it fixed yet? No. Is it fixed yet? No Is it fixed yet? Yes! Really? No...)

A 5 hour downtime is serious business. Yikes!

It did come back up for a bit around then. I had a friend in line when it went down around 1:45 and they were off sometime after 3pm.

Do they do pics everyday for every kind of ticket? I can’t see that info on the DL website anywhere and I want to be prepared with the proper documents etc when we go in a week. Thank you

We will have 4 day park hoopers for Canadian residents.
Take ALL of your passports. We didn't bring our daughters when she was a minor and they would not admit us. We were staying at the PVI so it wasn't that big a deal. Don't forgot a waterproof bag for them while you are in the parks.

At this point, do you think they’ll even try to get it back up or just call it a day and try to fix it for tomorrow?

At this point, do you think they’ll even try to get it back up or just call it a day and try to fix it for tomorrow?
They'll keep at it. I think they'll do everything possible to at least accommodate the regular boarding groups. I wouldn't be surprised if it came back up, they quickly called the remaining 14 groups, and then called it a day.

The park is open for 5 more hours. I think they'll try to get through regular BGs. There aren't that many more and half the people who were there at 8AM have gone home. No way they call backups.

lol we slept for 5 hours afterwards

I see your 5 and raise you nearly sleeping 8 after getting back from the Christmas Party (after being up at 4:30 due to this being pre-change over) and still almost sleeping through my alarm. And then sleeping another 12 after I got home that day from traveling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter