Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the numbers, this is the first time we've seen two days in a row in a downward trend for both load rate and guests served.

The fact that the two worst days so far have both been Sundays is probably coincidental. Or perhaps their best technician is off on Sunday. It will be interesting to see how the trend goes.

This will be the first non-holiday Monday for the attraction. Being not a magic morning, it will be interesting to see if the trend of non-MM weekdays having back-up groups last beyond the first couple of minutes continues.

i'm sure disney is pleased as punch at this situation..
after all the criticism they got over the low response to the opening of galaxy's edge, they have to be happy about this...
I'm sure they are pleased with the response and demand.

I'm sure they would like to see better performance out of the attraction, though. Happy people spend more money, after all.

I'm adding in this quote I posted on the ROTR disability thread. That thread is mostly geared towards WDW, but I thought some of my experience could be helpful for those who use DAS at DL for the new ride. If anyone has any experience using it at DL, please post. The main thing to know is that if you want to use the DAS, you must get a boarding group. There is no way around this. I know for some people, that can be a problem.

I have a DAS for Disneyland. When we went on Saturday 1/18, we were in Boarding group 84. We were called about 4:45 in the afternoon. I asked about the DAS as I went up to the ride and was directed to the fastpass line. I went to scan and it was turning blue. I was then asked if I had gotten a return time which I had not. I did not know I needed one for this. Instead of getting a return time, we got in the regular line as we did not want to now have to wait even longer for a return time. The line moved pretty consistently, so it was actually ok for me, and it only took about 30-35 minutes. This past Saturday, I had a much lower boarding group and saw the line looked less backed up than last week, so I just got in the regular line with my boarding pass, and was on in about 20-25 minutes. So honestly, I am still not 100% sure what the DAS process is for the new ride.

That chart is great - but not very promising - hope things change a bit by March! Bet Disney does also!
Hollywood Studios's daily Boarding Group count improved considerably after about 2 weeks. Still not great, but it's doing much better than the first 2 weeks. So hopefully DL's ROTR will do the same.

TouringPlans owner @lentesta (who has a staff of people who count guests exiting rides to use in their data crunching) gave some stats on his podcast this morning, some of which have been posted here before, some of which are new:

Rise of The Resistance
THRC (a theoretically perfect hour)2100 Riders/Hour
OHRC (what Disney expects to average once everything is running right)1700 Riders/Hour
Initial actual Riders/Hour @ DL700 Riders/Hour
Riders/Hour @ DL after a week1000 Riders/Hour (excluding obvious downtime)
DHS Current Riders/HourUp to 1400 Riders/Hour (excluding obvious downtime)

It's getting better and it will get better.

Looking at the numbers, this is the first time we've seen two days in a row in a downward trend for both load rate and guests served.

The fact that the two worst days so far have both been Sundays is probably coincidental. Or perhaps their best technician is off on Sunday. It will be interesting to see how the trend goes.

This will be the first non-holiday Monday for the attraction. Being not a magic morning, it will be interesting to see if the trend of non-MM weekdays having back-up groups last beyond the first couple of minutes continues.
Backups lasted about 20 mins yesterday so I think the trend is that non-magic morning days have boarding groups available longer regardless of the day of the week. Although I think it's still to early to call it a definite trend. For all we know it could become the opposite as word gets out that BGs last longer on non-magic morning day, much like all the other Disneyland "wisdom" that is out there.

i'm sure disney is pleased as punch at this situation..
after all the criticism they got over the low response to the opening of galaxy's edge, they have to be happy about this...
Oh, I don’t think that’s very true at all.

Yes, they have to be happy that their ride is so in-demand and getting mostly glowing reaction from those able to ride. But the whole thing is a logistical nightmare for them on MANY levels, there’s a lot of unhappy people in the parks and on social media, AND it’s not necessarily juicing park attendance much. In fact, MLK weekend almost certainly would have had more people there if the ride hadn’t opened. They’re also just hemorrhaging money on this attraction, and have been for over a year. It’s expensive to staff, expensive to run, expensive maintenance, causing a lot of other costs (early staffing, IT work, etc.) Big-picture, there’s a lot of downside, honestly.

“Relieved it’s not a failure,” sure, and it’s a feather in their cap in some key ways. “Pleased as punch,” I think, definitely not.

Backups lasted about 20 mins yesterday so I think the trend is that non-magic morning days have boarding groups available longer regardless of the day of the week. Although I think it's still to early to call it a definite trend. For all we know it could become the opposite as word gets out that BGs last longer on non-magic morning day, much like all the other Disneyland "wisdom" that is out there.
I think it’s just because of how long it takes them to process people into the park.

New topic: Did anyone see that WDW is supposedly giving out return times now? This is what IG tells me...

One thing that I'm curious about that I dont see on the chart or on the thrill data site is how long after guaranteed BGs close does the ride normally start operating? I know it depends on whether the park opens at 8 or 9, but has anyone been keeping track of that?

Backups lasted about 20 mins yesterday so I think the trend is that non-magic morning days have boarding groups available longer regardless of the day of the week.
Yesterday was something of an anomaly because they didn't open the gates until much later. The lines were stacked and not everyone got in by 8.

One thing that I'm curious about that I dont see on the chart or on the thrill data site is how long after guaranteed BGs close does the ride normally start operating? I know it depends on whether the park opens at 8 or 9, but has anyone been keeping track of that?
So far there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when the attraction starts boarding. We've seen it start boarding before BGs even closed, and we've seen it take just over an hour after park opening, and various points in between. I think the intention is always to start boarding right away, but mechanical checks and morning shakedowns sometimes delay the opening.

This morning was chaos at the gates. I still can’t believe we made it in before 8. They have to come up with a way to define the lines better, especially on weekends. This is going to be an issue as long as they have boarding groups. Everyone needs to bombard Rebecca Campbell on Instagram with complaints and suggestions.

If they can build a ride like ROTR, surely they can figure out a gate line schematic.

They are fans of laying down tape for this kind of thing. Kinda surprised they haven't done that yet. We did see tape laid down last weekend to create a queue, but I can't for the life of me remember where. I only remember because my son pointed out it was a certain color and that was for lines. Apparently the use a different color for parade crowd control, which he also knew. Kids..

Anyway, they also frequently lay tape for the tram boarding at night on weekends as well as lay down tape to extend the ticket booth queues, so it's not something they shy away from.

That said, there is NEVER any type of CMs monitoring the line situation in the esplanade in the mornings. You might see security or Anaheim PD, but never Disney CMs.

They are fans of laying down tape for this kind of thing.

I was thinking the same thing. At the same time, between Christmas and New Year's they had tape down for a lot of the food carts. The tape went largely ignored by guests.

But I'd love to see how they worked the tape. Those planters make it hard to form a cohesive line at some of the gates. The lines to get in in the morning have always been a touch chaotic. It would be a very interesting experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter