Ridiculous wait at Mama Melrose...

He can also vent here and complain to WDW so they know that once again MM is not seating patrons in a timely manner. They cant know that this place seems to have issues or even if they only had issues that ONE night without saying something

Im not sure why I am getting bashed. I only asked a question if people thought that our wait was ok. As I said I never complained, but the manager saw we were not happy. I personally thought 1 fast pass was a slap in the face. Its just my opinion.

I'm looking at my ADR confirmations and they all say "Plan to arrive 5 minutes prior to your reservation time to check-in and allow up to 1.5 hours to travel to your destination when using Disney Transportation." Nowhere does it say anywhere to arrive 15 minutes early. I've had the same issue as OP TWICE at Mama Melrose. The first time was in April 2014 and the second time February 2015 AND on top of that we had snail's pace service and the food wasn't very good.

I agree to a point. We went to 'Ohana for dinner 12/29 (I believe.) We waited after checking in and I'd be lying if I wasn't eyeing the amount of open tables. It's easy to get antsy, especially when you're hangry (so hungry it makes you angry). I was antsy because I love 'Ohana and put off eating lunch to make room. We were seated around 30 minutes after our scheduled ADR, but were so excited and hungry we forgot all about the wait. Plus, we enjoyed a Kona beer in the lounge while we waited.

On a side note - DHS was CRAZY crowded all Christmas week (and I'd assume the week before Xmas.) You can thank the Osborne Lights and Star Wars for this. Mama Melrose is a solid, popular TS option. I stopped in the Tune-In Lounge for a PBJ shake to go and 50's was not much better. The fact is, as many others have alluded to, your ADR is more of a placeholder for that time. The ADR system in and of itself tends to collapse and fall apart when a park is that crowded and demand exceeds expectations so much.

Let's just say someone walks up at 3pm with a party of 4. The hostess tells said person that there's a 1.5 hour wait for walk ups. That person doesn't have much of a choice, so they put down their name, maybe do an attraction and come back. In a hypothetical world, let's say they arrive 5 minutes before you. I've got news for ya - that party is gonna be seated before yours. It's unfair - I totally agree. I'm not gonna flame you for being aggravated. A lot happened on our trip that aggravated us. But there's a certain understanding and risk you accept when you travel during or around Christmas to a park that is so crowded. Again - I totally understand where you're coming from. When your hungry and set a reservation, it's aggravating to see people seated before you. If Disney expects us to be on time for FP+, etc. they should pay back that same respect. But, things happen. Did you enjoy your meal?

I haven't read this whole thread, but I think an hour is an excessive wait. That being said I have waited about 20 or 30 minutes before at MM. I think they are late all the time. I always try to get the first lunch reservation to avoid this. We once waited at Jiko for 90 minutes before giving up and going to Mara. Everything I would ask they would say, just another minute, we're working on it, please be patient, which we were, until my kids started to have a total meltdown. They were starving and it was ridiculous. Our meal at Mara was paid for and the next day a present from Mickey showed up in our room....Little gifts for my kids and free 1 day passes to WDW for everyone. We did complain, but it was to ask what we could do with our 2 extra dining credits, we were at the end of our stay, no reservations available, etc. So they sent those things. I was quite pleased with the compensation, given the experience. Sorry it happened to you, it is miserable waiting with hungry kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter