Restaurants you did not like

I did not like 1900 Park Faire. The food selection was very poor.

Ate at Kona Cafe for dinner last week and will never return. Never had a steak that tasted like liver until that meal (yuck!!!) :sad2:

Based on our Free Dining trip last year:-

Worst Disney food ever - Cosmic Ray's. Rubber ribs, rubber chicken and a darned plastic fork that bent out of shape when you tried to cut the food!

Marrakesh - I didn't enjoy it at all. DH absolutely hated his meal (lamb) I don't even remember what I had. Youngest DD barely touched her food. My dad politely withheld comment on his meal which is his way of saying, "This food is awful!" The kids loved the dancer though I thought she was coming really close to being included in the category of "exotic dancer" I thought her routine should have been toned down for the sake of the children present.

Tony's Town Square at MK - food good, service awful, atmosphere too noisy and rushed. Great desserts though

I'm wanting to have lunch at the Crystal Palace but have'nt seen any reviews on it on this thread. Does anyone know anything about it?? My son loves pooh! TIA! April

We really enjoyed Crysal Palace. Have been there 3 times. The buffet is large and has something for everyone.

The only place we have sworn off for now is Sci-Fi. This place has gone downhill big time both in food and program.

This is an interesting thread. We've eaten at a few TS restaurants until free dining last September - then we ate at many more for the first time.

We started out at Captain Jack's for the lobster ... thoroughly enjoyed our food and the service!

Loved the atmosphere at San Angel, but the menu items were a little different than what we expected. Overall it had pluses and minuses. Would not rule it out.

Loved Biergarten & Mama Melrose!!! Both food and service were excellent.

I think Rose and Crown is overrated unless you can score outside seating during the fireworks. Indoors and the menu is just so-so.

Loved Teppan Edo - both food and service was good.

Whispering Canyon was okay ... food was good.

O'Hana ... been many times. I'm not a big fan of the changes through the years. Still, if you haven't been, recommend a try.

Food at Raglan Road was awesome! Will go there again.

HDDR ... I know the food get's poor reviews from some; however, I think it's good ... perceived value for food, drink, service, show ... GREAT!!!

I think the overall enjoyment has to do with perceived value and service. Most of the above were tried during free dining, so I think we enjoyed it more because we didn't have that much OOP. For the most part, I have not experienced anything that has been consistently bad enough for me to recommend a pass. Agree, that it is fun to try something different each time. Sometimes it's more about the experience/atmosphere/service than the food. I have a harder time being forgiving based on poor service than I do so-so food.

There are too many CS locations for me to list in this thread, so I'll skip those and focus on TS. I have never had a good meal at the Plaza, but some of my family really likes it, so we've gone quite a few times. I've ordered a number of things on the menu and haven't liked any of them. If I'm forced to return in the future, I'll be ordering an ice cream sundae for my meal! :rotfl:

And one we've been to once where no one enjoyed the food (group of 5 people) is 50s Prime Time.

We've had less than stellar experiences at other restaurants, but those are the only TS restaurants I'd really prefer never to return to based on the food.

-Jen

not sure what I can add after all the posts! Its funny that many of the places I love are on people's lists!
last year, we had the DDP and ate at:
Whispering Canyon
Boma
Crystal Palace
Mama Melrose
Ohana
Raglan Road
Le Cellier

The only places I wouldnt bother with are Raglan Road - just wasnt worth it, small portions and Boma - my wife hated it here, she is an adventerous eater and thought it was lame. Go figure, both of these are on many peoples top list. I can tell you as a steak eater, we LOVED LeCellier, our waiter was great, the pretzel bread awesome and my steak was delicious. I had a great dark beer - Tres Pistoles.
As far as counter service, I look at it as park food and dont expect much, I cant say there was any place I wouldnt go back to and I enjoy Pecos Bill, sort of a tradition to me and thought Flaming Tree was good too........

50's Prime Time-I was really looking forward to this restaurant. But I was very disappointed with the food. The service was really good, but we wont b going back!

Coral Reef-This place was too noisey, and the food was blah!

There are just a few places we will not return to:

Hollywood & Vine - we just didn't feel comfortable in this restaurant. I think it was more the setting than the food, but it felt dirty.

Electric Umbrella - I do not like this place, the only healthy choice here (veggie wrap) tastes like cardboard. DH & DD like it, though, for the greasy hamburgs & fries. Yuck.

50's Prime Time - Although we love the atmosphere, we've never had a great time here. DH often leaves hungry which defeats the purpose - this is after meal & desert. Meals are often stingy.

California Grill - We thought this place was way over-hyped. Good meal, nothing stellar. Way too noisy and wait staff was s-l-o-w. There was nothing intimate about it at all, although the view is nice. The best part of meal/experience was viewing Wishes from roof. We prefer Narcoosees to CG - had a delicious meal and view was just as lovely.

Some favs: Boma, Ohana, Kona, Garden Grill, Crystal Palace, Wolfgang Puck, Sunshine Seasons, Tepan Edo, Columbia Harbor House, Whispering Canyon & Tusker House. We still have many places to try, though. :thumbsup2

We were just in WDW a few weeks ago and the only place I was really disappointed with was the Coral Reef, it was SO loud and crowded in there. Our food was horrible and our service sucked. We have been to Coral Reef several times before and after our most recent experience I will not go back. It is just not the same as it used to be.

We went to the plaza, enjoyed the food but had really bad service. The only other place that we really didn't like was Tusker House Character Breakfast, the food was good but it was SO crowded in there and the characters literally spent 2 seconds at our table. If you were going in a slow time it would be okay.
Otherwise we had great food at Boma, Crystal Palace, Spoodles, Maya Grill and several CS places (especially Columbia Harbor House and Wolfgang Puck Express).

the QS in mexico in epcot is not that great, reminded me of taco bell except for the $12 detail of it

Ditto!!!! Even the margarita couldn't help that meal. We also hated Mama Melrose's. It has been several years since we were there but we will never go back, we were sick all night from the lousy food!

Cosmic Rays wraps were disgusting - I couldn't even eat it (should have ordered the Chicken like dh). I agree with the negative comments on the ABC Commissary - we had hamburgers there that were made of the worse possible hamburger meat ever.

Bomas and SciFi were overrated - we won't be back.

I went to the ABC Commissary in March and ordered the Bacon Cheeseburger.

I have to disagree with Cheesie.... they were not made out of hamburger at all, more like dog food I think!

I ate half of it and threw the rest out! I paid cash for mine (stayed off WDW so no DDP) and stopped at McDonalds on the way home and for $8 (price of CB there I think) got enough food to eat that night, lunch next day and snack at night again!

That place should be condemned!

I was looking forward to Whispering Canyon but was very disappointed, didn't like the food or the service, ended up being the most expensive meal on our trip.

Also 50 prime time, never again for me either. Loved the desert hated the service and meal very stingy servings

We loved 1900 park fare, Akersus(lunch), and Wolfgang puck Express

Another vote for Mama Melrose. The food was mediocre and the service horrible. When dessert came, our appetizer and entree dishes sill hadn't been cleared from the table. When we asked the waiter to remove them he looked at us like we were inconveniencing him. He had also disappeared for quite some time to the point where we had to ask another waiter to find him for us.:confused:

I also didn't care for dinner at Chef Mickey but the breakfast is ok. The character interaction was excellent.

We had a bad experience at Rose & Crown. Some of the food had the "been in the frig too long" taste/smell....YUCK! Especially the kid's menu items. We won't hurry back.

We decided to try some different restaurants on our November trip...

Tony's - Spaghetti tasted like the kind from a school cafeteria. Bread was stale & butter was frozen. Never again.

San Angel - DH was the only one to finish his meal. I just didn't like it. Our server was wonderful, but not enough to make us go back. We've also crossed this off our list.

Sorry....But I love Mama Melrose. I've eaten there at least 4 times and have always had a great meal & great service.

Not overly impressed with Sci-Fi but my son likes it so I go there for lunch to make him happy.

Marrekesh...food was good...but way too loud for me. At the end of a long day I want to relax and enjoy my dinner.

Chefs de France, Tuto Italia, Le Cellier, Ohanas are some of my favorites for dinner.

50's & LTT are some of my favorites for lunch.

On Our "Won't Go Back " List:
San Angel Inn - I am NOT fussy and I couldn't eat my meal plus we were so grossed out we left w/o having dessert on DDP. Nonetheless - a beautiful setting - maybe to sip margaritas!

On Our "We Tried It Several Times But Now Won't Go Back" - the Quality Falters Award:
Whispering Canyon:Love, love the antics, the atmosphere, the bottomless shakes and the desserts.The food has gotten worse and worse and worse over the years:eek:
50's PrimeTime:Antics and theming cannot hide bad food here, either!:scared1:
Chef Mickey's: Gosh, do we love Donald, Minnie and Mickey, napkin waving and the dessert bar.Again - the buffet offerings have become cheaped out, watered down and unappealing.:scared:

Bon Appetit!
melomouse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter