Resort Change by Disney

AKL Jambo House is no longer opening on July 10th. It's been taken off the list on WDW's site. I wonder if they'll still open up Pop on July 10th. I still see them opening CR on July 10th. If enough people cancel, then I can see them further limiting when resorts open.

Do you have a link? I can't find the list now!

Edit: Nevermind, I got it!

AKL Jambo House is no longer opening on July 10th. It's been taken off the list on WDW's site. I wonder if they'll still open up Pop on July 10th. I still see them opening CR on July 10th. If enough people cancel, then I can see them further limiting when resorts open.
Do you have a link? I can't find the list now!
Wow!! Glad I was already moved from AKL villas to Poly!!
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/503998
ETA: I wonder if this has anything to do with rumors that NBA families will be staying there...

I am at POR 2nd week of August. I did not get an email about the park reservation system and did not get an email asking if I am still coming. I only received an email when they converted my bounceback to 35% off and they issued me a new confirmation number, (so they have my email address and it works!). I’ve been following thread to see if phone wait times go down as I am back to work (outside home) full time and cannot be on hold for hours and hours. I’m fully prepared for them moving us to CBR (not excited about the resort, but it’s a room), but I cannot at this point walk around listening or not listening to hold music for 3-7 hours. If they cancel us for lack of a room I will be bummed since I did secure park reservations on website on Monday, However, I am seeing now multiple news outlets reporting the petition asking to delay opening, so it is not a guarantee Disney will be opening and with FL numbers climbing I guess anything can happen.

We’re 10/24-10/30 and got moved from ASMo to Pop. I was hoping for an AoA option since we’ve stayed at Pop before. We liked it, but were looking forward to something new. That’s not really a good reason to demand a change 😂 I wonder if it’d be worth calling back later and seeing if AoA is a possibility instead.
The CM that took my call asked me for my preference. Since we've already stayed at POP, i thought we would try AoA this time. It might be worth a call, you never know.

So I got this e-mail yesterday. After being on hold for hours while trying to cancel our reservation I figured I would try it. I clicked the "Review and confirm" link and chose that I wanted to cancel my trip. It took me to a thank you page with a button to go to my plans and cancel on line. Well, it takes me to my plans, but I have NO ability to cancel the trip from there. Just the standard page. There is a change reservation button. It doesn't work. There is also the standard message saying to cancel your reservation call the 407-934-7639 number. This is very frustrating. We have 2K down on this trip and I really just want to get the money back at this point!

I am at POR 2nd week of August. I did not get an email about the park reservation system and did not get an email asking if I am still coming. I only received an email when they converted my bounceback to 35% off and they issued me a new confirmation number, (so they have my email address and it works!). I’ve been following thread to see if phone wait times go down as I am back to work (outside home) full time and cannot be on hold for hours and hours. I’m fully prepared for them moving us to CBR (not excited about the resort, but it’s a room), but I cannot at this point walk around listening or not listening to hold music for 3-7 hours. If they cancel us for lack of a room I will be bummed since I did secure park reservations on website on Monday, However, I am seeing now multiple news outlets reporting the petition asking to delay opening, so it is not a guarantee Disney will be opening and with FL numbers climbing I guess anything can happen.
If it makes you feel better at all, they haven’t emailed me about anything except that 35% a while ago.

We had the Free Dining, which became the 35% off and Park Hoppers. I was able to switch resorts and get the $90 off for each ticket for the Park Hoppers. It brought my total package down $270.
I wonder if I couldn't get the park hopper removed because I switched dates? Although, the park hopping option still won't be available as I'm still going in July.

So I got this e-mail yesterday. After being on hold for hours while trying to cancel our reservation I figured I would try it. I clicked the "Review and confirm" link and chose that I wanted to cancel my trip. It took me to a thank you page with a button to go to my plans and cancel on line. Well, it takes me to my plans, but I have NO ability to cancel the trip from there. Just the standard page. There is a change reservation button. It doesn't work. There is also the standard message saying to cancel your reservation call the 407-934-7639 number. This is very frustrating. We have 2K down on this trip and I really just want to get the money back at this point!
Try calling the 407 939 7866 number. I’ve used it successfully a few times and it might save you some time on hold. It takes me about 10 ish mins of dialing to get through the line, but once I do there is little to no wait. Some people have reported being questioned as to how they got that number, but I have not. The GS person who picked up was happy to help me.

Try calling the 407 939 7866 number. I’ve used it successfully a few times and it might save you some time on hold. It takes me about 10 ish mins of dialing to get through the line, but once I do there is little to no wait. Some people have reported being questioned as to how they got that number, but I have not. The GS person who picked up was happy to help me.

Miraculously I was able to get through just a few minutes ago. (On hold for a little over an hour). I had a very nice CM on the call and was able to cancel our trip. It really hit me when I hung up that this will be the first time in 15 years we aren't going to Disney World. :sad1: Just couldn't deal with all the changes and not knowing. Between the masks, park schedules, losing free dining etc. etc., we just didn't feel it was worth the money at this point. Really, really hoping that we can go next year and at least get some type of a discount.

I called first thing this morning after no luck the last couple days. After 17 attempts, I got through. Now I’m going on over two hours on hold... My estimated wait time was 45 minutes. 😞 😂

I was offered this room at RR as well, and GS said it was all the resort had available. The pulldown bed is definitely not appealing - only with a solo trip, as you said! Although, it's a queen. As the pp said, during these times you're definitely going to be spending more time in the room so you should take that into account. I tried hard for a deluxe studio but none were available, per GS. I think they're only allowed to offer the tower studio to parties of 1-2 and reserve the other rooms for bigger parties.

Interesting to know. I was wondering what rooms they were offering at RR for people getting moved. We were staying at GDT 9/16-9/23 and our TA was able to get us moved to a Deluxe Studio Standard View in Kidani Village. I am super happy with the move but I was really looking forward to a Tower experience. I told her we were very happy with the result but if possible could she see if any other Towers we a possible move.

I hope I didn't sound ungrateful. GDT is in its own weird spot of a deluxe but not really so its hard to get a proper lateral move. I was hoping for CR or Riviera. But I am not sure how the Tower studios would do for us even if it is possible to move. Its only the two of us but I wonder if we would be happier in Kidani.

Thoughts anyone on moving from GDT to Kidani instead of another tower room at CR or Riviera? We have never stayed at AKL. Again I hope I dont sound ungrateful because we got a great upgrade, but there's no harm in asking.

EDIT - Just talked to my TA, she said they were going to try and put us in CBR from GDT as it was a Moderate to a Moderate. She had told them this was an unacceptable move and we were put in Kidani. Cant thank the Dreams TAs enough. They are amazing. We are more than happy with the outcome.

Last edited:
We have standard all star music accessible room booked (5 nights)
Standard all star sports booked (9 nights)

I really don’t know if I could stand being on hold again for hours to see what Disney offers or wait and see 🙃

I originally posted on resort/rearranged dates thread & realised it ought to be on here 🙃

What do you guys recommend?
Sit tight or call to see what’s happening?
(I imagine we are off to pop).

Well after hours on hold this week, finally got through the other night for our August trip. CM was great! Seen the news? We're from NY....another thing to worry about. That's not lifted, we can't go, UGH! This vacation is like a full time job~

I have friends that were staying at POR in September. Last night they got an email asking them to confirm and was moved to CBR.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned. After you confirm that you're still coming, does Disney call, email, or carrier pigeon you to let you know where you're staying? Bonus points if you can tell me how long it took. :)

Just saying. 2 days in a row, used 1936. Busy for about 30-40 tries, then straight thru to CS. 🤷‍♀️
I keep checking for BWI to BWV or BCV. Today she thinks she has something, on hold while she loads info etc. 🤞
Moved to a BCV. Not sure on bedding, going to debate with my party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter