Resort Change by Disney

5 hrs 40 minutes and I was almost going to hang up as I had got in the car to head to the store (I would have lost service in 1/2 a mile anyway) when I hear this wonderful voice!!!
I told her I was calling to see what would be happening since my resort ASMu was still going to be closed when I am coming and I do still plan on coming-at this point. She took a few minutes and looked up on her system and said “I can move you to POP and since this is price protected there will be no change in your rate. I will however have to send the form to GS and have them review it, so until then you’ll see the higher rate but it WILL be brought back down.” Good news if that is truly so. At least I have a room and if the price isn’t brought down I may cancel. I am leaning toward that anyway but am holding out hope until the very end.

YOU GUYS rock! Thank you!!! I called the Magic Number and after 25-35 redial tries (not touching this phone to check, lol) I'm on hold and listing to the music...
And a cm just picked up. Coudn't have been more than 5 or 10 minutes

I'm sure availability is fluid since they are also receiving cancellations. You may could keep trying since you have 7 weeks or so still.

Honestly it didn't matter to me where we went. We were at YC entirely for SAB, so there are no other pools comparable. I told the CM it didn't matter where we moved, the kids just want to swim.

We actually thought about "downgrading" to CBR since that pool has 2 slides plus the pirate splash area.

Honestly it didn't matter to me where we went. We were at YC entirely for SAB, so there are no other pools comparable. I told the CM it didn't matter where we moved, the kids just want to swim.

We actually thought about "downgrading" to CBR since that pool has 2 slides plus the pirate splash area.
Totally get it! We have a dvc/cash split stay. Once I found out SAB wasn't going to be open, I moved our dvc stay. Swimming is a big deal for my kids too!

Currently on hold.... late July split stay at WL + BWI.

Anyone want to speculate whether we might be able to get moved over to WL DVC + BWI DVC in that timeframe?

I've had dead silence for quite awhile, I'm hanging on though!! 1 hour and holding!
I had silence for over an hour yesterday (after an hour of music). It was nerve-racking, but I held on and someone suddenly picked up around 2 1/2+ hours. Keep at it & hopefully someone will pick-up soon.

The CM I spoke with said the same thing but the balance on MDE is not reflecting the "price protection" and no charge for resort change yet. Showing a higher balance based on resort change. Assuming this is something that takes some time to reflect in the balance in MDE? We did not change dates.
Hmm not sure. Mine shows a zero balance (we're only staying one night so ours was fully paid to begin with) but does show my new hotel info. I'm sure it can vary though.

Ok, here is my update:
Called the magical number (a bazillion times, but finally got through, thank you for the tip!!!) and had to call back 3 different times to get something I am happy with. Keep trying that number if you can’t get through.

The first two CMs told me I would have to pay extra because there were no other moderates open for my dates. (My reservations were for POR and Caribbean Beach 7/10-7/19) They offered me to either cancel or pay $2000 more to upgrade. I hung up and called back! One offered me the FW cabins, and I told him I already had a 10 night stay there right after these reservations, so I was hoping to stay at a normal resort. He said, “Well, then cancel.” I hung up and called back.

3rd time was the charm! I got a knowledgeable CM who asked me how I got the number and I just fumbled out some nonsense. She said there is a current call campaign going on by Disney right now for those staying at POR and they are all being moved to the Contemporary, main tower, Theme Park view! She kept mentioning a template she was reading and looking at. So, she was able to move my two moderate reservations to the Contemporary, theme park view. The other two CMs told me there was no availability anywhere for my dates. (Family of 5, need a 5th sleeper bed)
I don’t know, but they all must be looking at different things.

She also reduced my resort bill to make up for the $5 parking difference between a moderate and deluxe.

I feel so much relief. If you don’t like what you are offered the first time, keep calling!

UT peeps:
Sadly, they could not move me...
GS tried to initiate a change, but the system would not let them, so they contacted Wholesale on a joint call who told them that a move decision has not been made for November yet as the resort might still open, so it was locked from moving.
They put the details of my situation in my reservation so that I will be contacted before wholesale makes any moves due to a medical issue.
Maybe folks with closer dates will have better luck. 😣
As a fellow UT traveler in November, thank you for doing the legwork and reporting back.

YOU GUYS rock! Thank you!!! I called the Magic Number and after 25-35 redial tries (not touching this phone to check, lol) I'm on hold and listing to the music...
And a cm just picked up. Coudn't have been more than 5 or 10 minutes

What is the Magic number? Going to have my husband try again.

My TA finally got through. Was in a standard view room at Wilderness Lodge, moved to standard garden wing room at Contemporary at no extra charge.

I need a drink.
That's basically what I ended up with. Went from AKL Pool View King to CR Garden Wing Garden View. Bout a $100 upgrade so I'll take it.

Hello, been lurking for weeks around, figured I would create an account as I haven't seen anyone with large groups. We are a family of 6 booked in AoA family suite July 13-20. We have park reservations, plan on keeping our dates, and have our TA trying to get through to figure out where we will be. Any large families get moved? Just not sure what to expect for options. PoP would be ok, except we lose the kitchenette and the rooms seem smaller to fit 6 of us in 2 rooms. Anyone with more than 5 people on a reservation?

I'm staying late August/early September at All Star Movies. Assuming it will remain closed, should I call and see where I can get placed or just wait and see what happens? I'm hoping POP fills up and they have to put me in moderate/deluxe, ha.

The CM I spoke with said the same thing but the balance on MDE is not reflecting the "price protection" and no charge for resort change yet. Showing a higher balance based on resort change. Assuming this is something that takes some time to reflect in the balance in MDE? We did not change dates.
I was moved from YC to BLT this morning. The resort change was instantly reflected in MDE but also showed the price for BLT without the price protection (big difference of $1500). It took around 2-3 hours before the new corrected balance due showed up.

Update 1: after 10 hrs yesterday and then systems down, now 7 hrs today finally talked to a person and they are transferring me to GS since they can't see any open resorts for my stay 7/15-7/22. Fingers crossed, it was great to hear a human though.

As a fellow UT traveler in November, thank you for doing the legwork and reporting back.
To be honest, I'm still pretty unhappy about it and I plan to let UT know it. I don't know that it will do anything, but I feel like I'm being treated like a second class customer and it is very frustrating to watch rooms get taken up while I sit here and wait for the crumbs that are left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter