Resort Change by Disney

Yeah, the pull out couches are pretty uncomfortable. My kids were not impressed, neither was I. I would bring an air matress over sleeping on it.
Ok what about the twin bed that pull out of the wall? lol Any better?

I called I was told the only thing available with two beds or a murphy bed was Caribbean beach. Do you think I should call back again tonight? I'd be willing to pay the difference. Should I tell them that maybe I would get better results. My only other option would be to book the Dolphin.

My assumption is they will be working on a worst case scenario and filling the open resorts for next year and seeing as it goes . Better to accommodate the people who have booked now than later bookings so those who have already booked not being able to stay on property? Does that make sense?
Yes, it does. I suspect Disney will start to accommodate people who had already booked as a priority once they know for sure the resort is staying closed, but with the 50th next year and it being around the holidays, couldn't hurt to give them a call to see.

I mean, it's doable. I'm 5'11" and I could have slept on it comfortably, but it's not the same size as a twin bed, it's a little smaller.
Thanks for your help. I'm guessing it's similar to the beds on the cruise ships. He sleeps on sleeper sofas at chain hotels once in a while. He's not crazy about it, but the tradeoff is it's usually a one bedroom and he has his own room, TV and he can talk to him friends without me telling him to be quiet. I think I'll call one more time it doesn't hurt to ask. The Dolphin is also a consideration and it would save me some money. They have some good rates.

I called only 2700 to switch to Riviera. I took a hard pass. Well there is availability which the first cm said there wasn’t. They just won’t offer it. It’s unfortunate that they don’t offer some reasonable priced upgrades rather than have the rooms sit empty.

I called only 2700 to switch to Riviera. I took a hard pass. Well there is availability which the first cm said there wasn’t. They just won’t offer it. It’s unfortunate that they don’t offer some reasonable priced upgrades rather than have the rooms sit empty.
I may have missed it but where were you booked originally? Did you get moved to Boulder Ridge from a closed resort?

I may have missed it but where were you booked originally? Did you get moved to Boulder Ridge from a closed resort?
I was at GDT I priced out Riviera with the sun and fun discount before the reservations were closed. The difference was around 1000. Apparently they are only offering rack rate. I shouldn’t be annoyed, but I’m a little annoyed. I Could kick myself for not asking for more options, but when you spend 5 hours trying to get through your brain is fried. Maybe that was their strategy lol.

@vinotinto I am still unable to have them remove the tickets from my free dining package. I've called 4 different times over the last couple of weeks and was told each time they couldn't remove the tickets without losing the 35% off. At this point, I give up, but I'm exceptionally annoyed, especially because I know for a fact that other people have been successfully doing this (like you!). I even asked last time why others have been able to do it and was told I must be mistaken because they aren't allowed to remove tickets. BS!!! Ugh. Guess we'll use these tickets next year.

@vinotinto I am still unable to have them remove the tickets from my free dining package. I've called 4 different times over the last couple of weeks and was told each time they couldn't remove the tickets without losing the 35% off. At this point, I give up, but I'm exceptionally annoyed, especially because I know for a fact that other people have been successfully doing this (like you!). I even asked last time why others have been able to do it and was told I must be mistaken because they aren't allowed to remove tickets. BS!!! Ugh. Guess we'll use these tickets next year.
I am so sorry to hear that! I was just reading on another thread that some have been able to do it and some have not. I will say, I don't think the regular reservations CMs can do it. It has to be escalated to Guest Services. But, if you have called 4 times, wow, you have tried as hard as you can to get someone to help you.

Tickets do not lose their value and I'm sure next year things will be better - more restaurants will have opened, more experiences will likely be taking place and there will be more hotel choices - so if you think you will go in the future, saving the tickets is not a bad option in exchange for getting 35% off the room. I do think it is frustrating that it comes down to how great the CM that randomly picks up your call is, and not a standard, consistent response across. When do you arrive again?

For reference, this is the other thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/can-i-drop-tix-w-recovery-35-off-rate-was-fd-bb.3806132/

I am so sorry to hear that! I was just reading on another thread that some have been able to do it and some have not. I will say, I don't think the regular reservations CMs can do it. It has to be escalated to Guest Services. But, if you have called 4 times, wow, you have tried as hard as you can to get someone to help you.

Tickets do not lose their value and I'm sure next year things will be better - more restaurants will have opened, more experiences will likely be taking place and there will be more hotel choices - so if you think you will go in the future, saving the tickets is not a bad option in exchange for getting 35% off the room. I do think it is frustrating that it comes down to how great the CM that randomly picks up your call is, and not a standard, consistent response across. When do you arrive again?

For reference, this is the other thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/can-i-drop-tix-w-recovery-35-off-rate-was-fd-bb.3806132/
Thanks. They assured me the tickets would be good until 09-2021, so I'll live. But yeah, the inconsistency is aggravating. We arrive on 7/27. :)

I called today to remove DD17 from our late July reservation. While I had the CM on the phone, I asked about an upgrade. We were originally booked ASMo and were changed to POP price protected. I asked how much the least expensive room at a Deluxe/DVC would be and it went from just under $1300 to $3900. Those are some crazy price increases. I'll stick with POP.

Finally called once I saw that general reservations would be opening tomorrow. Had a WL courtyard view booked--obviously not going to happen. Was only offered a Boardwalk standard view, as according to my phone answerer (don't know what else to call her) that was the most comparable price point at a Deluxe (and since it was an upgrade I should be darn thankful was the attitude). When I pointed out the both Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge studios were available and at a lesser cost than the Boardwalk standard, she was very amenable to booking me in either. I upgraded to a 1 bedroom BR for my husband--but have to pay the difference. Kind of resent the "I'm doing you a favor" attitude when this is not my fault--will pay the difference because that is my choice.

I called today to remove DD17 from our late July reservation. While I had the CM on the phone, I asked about an upgrade. We were originally booked ASMo and were changed to POP price protected. I asked how much the least expensive room at a Deluxe/DVC would be and it went from just under $1300 to $3900. Those are some crazy price increases. I'll stick with POP.
That was my experience. Maybe they are hoping other people will book the rooms at rack rate. I think it's doubtful with all the restrictions.

Thanks. They assured me the tickets would be good until 09-2021, so I'll live. But yeah, the inconsistency is aggravating. We arrive on 7/27. :)
Hey @SarahC97, Passholder rates are out for your dates. 40% off deluxes. Passholder rates do not need tickets. Call and change your reservation!

Not sure if this was posted prior... I was able to book chef Mickey and California grill this morning.

I just called about our August 1-11 reservation at Art of Animation (Mermaid room). They offered a change to Caribbean Beach Resort at no extra cost - I was surprised, figured we'd be moved to Pop. I logged onto MDE while talking to the CM and I found that it was actually cheaper to re-book a new res for Caribbean Beach with the new AP discount than to have her switch the original reservation over. Not sure how I feel about a large resort with multiple bus stops, tho - we stayed at Grand Destino last summer and while we loved the resort, the buses were terrible...Anyone have experience with CBR?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter