Request from PO3

I'm glad to hear there is some positive news. We are still keeping your family in our prayers.

Off the ventilator and beginning to speak?!! Yeah!!! :woohoo::woohoo:
I am so happy to hear little Bubba is feeling better. You deserve to sit down and collapse. Try to get some rest, hon.:hug:

Off the vent, nasal oxygen, and a little small talk.. that is great!!!!
Glad to hear bubba is doing better and the meds are doing their job!!
I've been thinking about ya..
Continued prayers and thoughts from our home to yours!!!
Hugs to mom!!

Thanks for the update, Holly...I've been thinking about you all weekend. I'm glad to hear mom is making progress and that Bubba's feeling better.

Remember to take care of yourself! :hug:

Holly, I'm so glad to hear that your Mom has made some improvement and that Bubba is feeling better too. Still praying and sending pixie dust and hugs to you all.

You and your family have been in my thoughts! Glad your mom is doing better! Slow and steady progress is great!

I am so glad that you are seeing signs of improvement. More Prayers and Pixie Dust for you all.

morning ladies. just thought i'd pop in and give you all a quick update.....

she's out of icu and in a regular room. they took the foley out and she got up to pee yesterday. she said it was so scary. she has not stood up in over a week. very shaky!! so another step for us. she has an awful rash on her body now. Not sure what that's about?? they have been putting some prescription powder on it. they took the bandage off her belly and i've seen it and it looks good considering..... i hooked her phone up, so she can call if she feels up to it. she's still loopy sometimes. i know it's the meds, but still. she's sooooooo swollen. her fingers look like sausages! but we are baby stepping our way along.

work so sucked yesterday. i wish i could get into it, but i almost walked out the door. i HAVE to work, so it's not an option for me, but really. all i can say, is today is another day!

please continue to pray and think of my mom. we are still fighting the battle!

thanks everyone. you all are the best friends a girl could have!

the rash may be a reaction to meds. Have the Dr keep a close eye on it and make sure she doesn't lay in one spot for too long, she does not need the rash to turn into open sores!

Hugs and prayers Hol. Give mom some lovin's from me and the kids.

Call me if you need anything!! I am not that far away!!

Good luck at work today, I know it's tough because your mind is elsewhere.

Pixie dust to get through the day! :wizard::wizard:

thanks buffy! i appreicate it. i will give her hugs from your family.

i worry about the sore thing too!

and work

it's just sucks. not other way to put it!

They don't call it fun! I hate work too, and I HAVE to, so I know how you feel.

Please give mom a hug from us too!

Take care of yourself!

Hey call me, I'll yell at work for ya!!! But I know what you mean.. OH! OH! I remember what I was saying when I said in need to "get back in a year".. I want to go to work for the school system in the next year since all the kids will be in school full time! LOL....
We tied the game last night.. we have 2 more shots on goal but couldn't get the darn thing to go behind the goalie.. :( It's okay, we have only lost 1 game all season... tied 2 the rest have been wins... we have another game tonight!

Glad to hear mom is in a regular room. I agree w/ BAMB, make sure they are not letting her be in one position for extended periods of time as she could get open sorers that will take time to heal and are painful...

Send mom our love... we have continued our thoughts and prayers from our house to yours..

Well, I better get my kids moving... it's the last day of school.. I need to run the breakfast supplies up to North for DS8's breakfast celebration... than I need to run to the middle school for academic awards than back to North.. Would love to go to the HS for awards but they were Tuesday afternoon w/ NO announcement not even the kids knew it was going to happen.. Parents are hoppin' mad in town... I'm sure there are going to be some not so nice emails about that... :( Than they question why there is no parent involvement at the HS.. Well, perhaps if you communicate YOU would have parent involvement.. OH, that is right, I make sense and I'm just a stupid ol' parent!

Hey call me, I'll yell at work for ya!!! But I know what you mean.. OH! OH! I remember what I was saying when I said in need to "get back in a year".. I want to go to work for the school system in the next year since all the kids will be in school full time! LOL....
We tied the game last night.. we have 2 more shots on goal but couldn't get the darn thing to go behind the goalie.. :( It's okay, we have only lost 1 game all season... tied 2 the rest have been wins... we have another game tonight!

Glad to hear mom is in a regular room. I agree w/ BAMB, make sure they are not letting her be in one position for extended periods of time as she could get open sorers that will take time to heal and are painful...

Send mom our love... we have continued our thoughts and prayers from our house to yours..

Well, I better get my kids moving... it's the last day of school.. I need to run the breakfast supplies up to North for DS8's breakfast celebration... than I need to run to the middle school for academic awards than back to North.. Would love to go to the HS for awards but they were Tuesday afternoon w/ NO announcement not even the kids knew it was going to happen.. Parents are hoppin' mad in town... I'm sure there are going to be some not so nice emails about that... :( Than they question why there is no parent involvement at the HS.. Well, perhaps if you communicate YOU would have parent involvement.. OH, that is right, I make sense and I'm just a stupid ol' parent!

Holy Guacamole Batman!!! I'm up and posting before Nancy!!!!!!!!! :cool1::cool1::woohoo::woohoo::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I just read this entire thread. I'm sorry I didn't see it before now.

I am so glad to read your mom is doing better. I can relate to your relationship. My mom was my best friend too. Years ago I moved back home to help her and my daddy care for my grandparents, so I was living at home, but still talked to her on the phone 2 or 3 times during the day. We used to sit up and watch TV together almost every night. When I moved away we spoke on the phone at least 5 times a day! I miss her advice, and just hearing her voice. Be thankful for every day that you have with your dear mom. I'll be thinking about you and your family and hoping she has a full recovery.

thought i'd pop in and give you all an update.
so things were really looking good. i got there today and she was sitting in the chair. she said she had breakfast and when her lunch tray came she did not eat anything. she told me her belly looked crooked. huh? i thought maybe it was just the bandage?? ok so i stayed a couple hours had a nice visit and went on my merry way. ran to the grocery store and got home and she called.
everything ok ma?
yup. just missed you that's all.
ok. any pain?
nope.
did you nap?
a little.

we chatted about everyday stuff and she said she was going to try to nap some more.
ok.

getting ready to figure out supper and the dr called!!!!

well we have a slight problem. she was sitting in the chair waiting for her supper to come and all of a sudden she started gushing fluid out her incision. apparently the lining that holds your organs in burst! YUP! i said burst. OMG. are you kiddin' me??? nope. he said it's a set back for us. they will have to go to the OR tomorrow and sew it back up. I ran down there to chat with her and she was laying there soaked. i changed the bandage and the pink pad thingy and they brought here a band to put around her belly for the night to keep it closed up tight. but it's so stinking tight that it's hurting her. OMG. why? she was doing so good. and i know, it's just another bump in the road, but really. why? i'm just disappointed right now.
please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

thanks everyone.

i won't be on in the am because i want to be there when the surgeon comes in.

Well that stinks Holly. I wonder what happened that made her swell so bad. I hope they have her on good antibiotics, I know when your appendix ruptures you need the medicine to ward off infection.
Is the wrap the plastic wrap they use on babies? I know it's uncomfortable but it's necessary to keep the germs out.

Continued love and support!!!

When does Bubba get out of school?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter