Reinstate the peoplemover petition

hint hint, dont give up hope that easily... :D

You're such a tease!!!!!

Like Teki said, I don't necessarily want the PM back, but I don't like the empty tracks. I hope they do come up with something to go there.

Albort is a tease indeed!! And I will not give up hope. I want something back there. Rocket rods was a joke. I would LOVE to see people cruising along that track again, and hopefully wont have to wait 10 years to see it.

Albort is a tease indeed!! And I will not give up hope. I want something back there. Rocket rods was a joke. I would LOVE to see people cruising along that track again, and hopefully wont have to wait 10 years to see it.

My point exactly, incidentally the petition is up to 1937 signatures...:thumbsup2

Regardless, the petition is up to 1939 signatures.... As for the two people who are not signing the petition, no loss.
And if you want to get into specifics on how a flying tire is different from a flying saucer minus the shape feel free.

Oh make it 3 people who won't sign because as much as I want to see something there and I do miss the PM it doesn't have any place in today's DL. :)

Hey Lakewood, Just an FYI here. Not sure if you have been there or not, but micechat is the place to go to rally the troops. That isn't to say that you can't try here, I just think that the culture on this board isn't the kind that you're looking for and you will probably get much more support (And more vocal) in that forum. We are much more laid back over here and more interested in talking about what is right rather than what isn't.

As for my opinion on the matter, I will say this:
I would love to see the PM tracks get some kind of use again (Personally, I think that either The Incredibles or WALL-E would make an outstanding theme for a new attraction up there) However, a petition didn't save WDW's Mr. Toad or prevent the recent changes to IASW so I don't believe that it will make a difference in this case. I'm sure WDI has a big star over those tracks in their wish lists so we'll see something someday up there.

...However, a petition didn't save WDW's Mr. Toad or prevent the recent changes to IASW so I don't believe that it will make a difference in this case.....
Or 10s of 1000s of signatures on a petition to save VMK. :sad2:

...more interested in talking about what is right rather than what isn't.
Cheers to that!

- Dreams

P.S. I'd sign the petition if I cared. I signed countless iasw petitions. However, I really don't care what happens with the PM tracks. Sorry. They don't bother me, they don't interfere with my enjoyment of the Park, and there is plenty of other thhings to do at the Park for me to really be concerned with tracks of an attraction of the past.

BTT

Up to 1942, slowly but surely the names are coming in.... Pretty cool, keep it up.

You do realize that the site with that petition was created in July of 2006, right? That means that in 2 and a half years just shy of 2,000 people have cared enough to sign. The Disney company already sent a form letter to that site in September of 2006, and that's likely to be the only response they'll ever see. Heck, the Mr. Toad petition got media coverage and they never did anything about it.

I grew up with the People Mover - way back in the '70s I was riding in it. So for nostalgic reasons, I miss seeing the PeopleMover in DL and would like to see it again. My friends loved riding it in our teens and early 20's. And I definitely want something to be done with that track - I think that is a perfect area to put a ride that is Incredibles or Wall-E themed. As much as I personally miss the PeopleMover, I realize they would have to do something a little more progressive with that theme today, but not to the level of quasi-thrill ride like the Rocket Rods. They need the same idea as the People Mover, but just themed to a more current Disney film.

P.S. I hated riding in the old Skyway buckets because I didn't like dangling in a swaying bucket from a cable high above the cement, BUT I really miss seeing those buckets dotted along the landscape/skyscape of DL. I always liked how Disneyland made such creative use of the land, the water and the air for their rides.

I grew up with the People Mover - way back in the '70s I was riding in it. So for nostalgic reasons, I miss seeing the PeopleMover in DL and would like to see it again. My friends loved riding it in our teens and early 20's. And I definitely want something to be done with that track - I think that is a perfect area to put a ride that is Incredibles or Wall-E themed. As much as I personally miss the PeopleMover, I realize they would have to do something a little more progressive with that theme today, but not to the level of quasi-thrill ride like the Rocket Rods. They need the same idea as the People Mover, but just themed to a more current Disney film.

P.S. I hated riding in the old Skyway buckets because I didn't like dangling in a swaying bucket from a cable high above the cement, BUT I really miss seeing those buckets dotted along the landscape/skyscape of DL. I always liked how Disneyland made such creative use of the land, the water and the air for their rides.

Yeah, my thoughts are along your lines. Use the track! But thanks for the good post. I too miss the Skyway... Hmm... Skyway Petition?

The basis of the petition (from the site) reads:

To: Disneyland Resort

We, fans of Disneyland and of the Peoplemover, ask the Walt Disney Company
and the Disneyland Resort to bring back the Peoplemover to Tomorrowland.

The Peoplemover adds much needed life to Tomorrowland. It brings motion and
activity to the land of the future. Currently, Tomorrowland is lacking in
energy that the Peoplemover once brought; with an unused track overhead the
land feels stagnant.

The Peoplemover was a family friendly attraction and, at moderate speeds,
everyone could ride it. It was a leisurely ride over Tomorrowland offering
views that could not be experienced elsewhere in the park.

The Peoplemover would once again breathe new life into Tomorrowland. And
that is why we ask that Disneyland please bring back the Peoplemover.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

BTT

Up to 1947 signatures, with the last guy posting up a very pro peoplemover statement...

Have a good weekend all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter