Reinstate the peoplemover petition

Come on, are you serious? 30 hits to the post and 3 more signatures on the petition? Pretty weak, everyday I see people complaining about it being gone then an option comes up and no one takes it?

No offense, but I'm pretty sure it's a lost cause... As much as many of us would like to see it back, there were safety issues that couldn't be addressed to today's (admittedly litigation-paranoid) safety standards. I understand that the maintenance alone made it ridiculously cost-prohibitive. Plus it took up a lot of space. So I'm thinking that it might never be really practical for the DL suits to try to bring it back. Unfortunately. :sad1:

Yup, I agree with Avalon. It's too much work to think a petition will bring it back. I would sign if I thought it would work.

Yeah, its very time consuming...10 seconds or so. Without trying all one can do is wonder. 65 people have checked out this thread, 4 have manned up and signed the petition.....:confused:

Yeah, its very time consuming...10 seconds or so. Without trying all one can do is wonder. 65 people have checked out this thread, 4 have manned up and signed the petition.....:confused:
Thsi subject has been discussed on the internet until it is a dead matter.

!. The rides are under grandfather clauses until they have major renovations or are replaced. Thus the new people mover would be built by the codes of 2010.

2. The tunnels and interior stuff are load bearing walls which would require completely remodeling Buzz, Space Mountain, Star Traders, Star Tours and other sites.

3. The ride cannot run as the old days because of legalities including Disney lawyers, insurance companies, and various government agencies. These rules and laws would require that people could not stick things out of the ride which would mean enclosing each car with plexiglass that has air holes for example.

6. In summation we all want the ride back but know that the money is better of making new rides, renovating kitchens, making allergen free bakeries and kitchens, etc. You are not going to get anywhere with Disney with a petition because Disney listens to the government and its lawyers who have said no. "manned up" what does that mean? It sounds like you are goading us into signing but hun you would have a better chance getting me to eat a cheese omellette.

To add to the previous comments - that track was already refitted and possible already stripped of the "Test Track technology" to make Rocket Rods. The original mechanics for the People Mover is long gone. Reinstalling is a costly project - like building a completely new attraction. Something not in the budget while the DCA refurb is going on.

Many of the tunnels are still there - to potentially be used for other variations of a track ride. Many things have been bantered about - enclosed Pods like in the Incredibles, etc.

Who knows what the will decide. After all - look how long it took to get the submarines back in order! :thumbsup2

To add to the previous comments - that track was already refitted and possible already stripped of the "Test Track technology" to make Rocket Rods. The original mechanics for the People Mover is long gone. Reinstalling is a costly project - like building a completely new attraction. Something not in the budget while the DCA refurb is going on.

Many of the tunnels are still there - to potentially be used for other variations of a track ride. Many things have been bantered about - enclosed Pods like in the Incredibles, etc.

Who knows what the will decide. After all - look how long it took to get the submarines back in order! :thumbsup2

I will concur that it took over a decade to get the subs back on line, but they did it. The Peoplemover would have to be massivly modified from its previous state, but it could be done. Its either that or tear down the track, I'm sick of looking at it.

Thsi subject has been discussed on the internet until it is a dead matter.

!. The rides are under grandfather clauses until they have major renovations or are replaced. Thus the new people mover would be built by the codes of 2010.

2. The tunnels and interior stuff are load bearing walls which would require completely remodeling Buzz, Space Mountain, Star Traders, Star Tours and other sites.

3. The ride cannot run as the old days because of legalities including Disney lawyers, insurance companies, and various government agencies. These rules and laws would require that people could not stick things out of the ride which would mean enclosing each car with plexiglass that has air holes for example.

6. In summation we all want the ride back but know that the money is better of making new rides, renovating kitchens, making allergen free bakeries and kitchens, etc. You are not going to get anywhere with Disney with a petition because Disney listens to the government and its lawyers who have said no. "manned up" what does that mean? It sounds like you are goading us into signing but hun you would have a better chance getting me to eat a cheese omellette.

Fair enough let them be built to said codes, at least there would be something moving on the tracks. If they have to be enclosed "pods", do it just remember to have some sort of AC on them unlike the new monorails. Who forgot that one?

The tunnels and interior stuff are load bearing walls which would require completely remodeling Buzz, Space Mountain, Star Traders, Star Tours and other sites.

Ok, so you are telling me that they are already load bearing walls. Why would they have to be changed? Unless of course, the track were to get wider or taller.

The ride cannot run as the old days because of legalities including Disney lawyers, insurance companies, and various government agencies. These rules and laws would require that people could not stick things out of the ride which would mean enclosing each car with plexiglass that has air holes for example.

Wouldn't this fall under the "2010 codes" issue?

6. In summation we all want the ride back but know that the money is better of making new rides, renovating kitchens, making allergen free bakeries and kitchens, etc. You are not going to get anywhere with Disney with a petition because Disney listens to the government and its lawyers who have said no. "manned up" what does that mean? It sounds like you are goading us into signing but hun you would have a better chance getting me to eat a cheese omellette.[/QUOTE]

Where are you getting this information from? You know for a fact that a new Peoplemover has been shut down by the government and lawyers, if you could cite your sources....
As far as "manning up", It gets old because I see at least 2x a week people on this board complaining or whining about how much they miss the Peoplemover. It would take only a few seconds to sign the petition and possibly get the ball rolling....

As far as your omelet statement I dunno what your talking about...

Up to 1929, rumor has it that we each will get bronze plaques with our names on them on the Peoplemover pilings.

I will concur that it took over a decade to get the subs back on line, but they did it. The Peoplemover would have to be massivly modified from its previous state, but it could be done. Its either that or tear down the track, I'm sick of looking at it.

Silly question, where are those tracks?

Yup, I agree with Avalon. It's too much work to think a petition will bring it back. I would sign if I thought it would work.

ROFL That wasn't even what I meant to say there. LOL I do agree w/Avalon but I don't think a petition will be what brings it back. Not sure what I meant by too much work...maybe I was just thinking I had too much work to do. LOL And yes, more people will look at this post then will sign. I don't need to "man up" but Thanks for the suggestion. :idea:

Up to 1929, rumor has it that we each will get bronze plaques with our names on them on the Peoplemover pilings.

:thumbsup2 Make sure you tell us so we can look for you name. :goodvibes

Come on, are you serious? 30 hits to the post and 3 more signatures on the petition? Pretty weak, everyday I see people complaining about it being gone then an option comes up and no one takes it?
Well, I was probably responsible for over half of them, as I kept clicking here to try to understand what this post was and if it was serious. Why do you want the PM back so badly? I just don't get it.........

What? - confused - Are you trying to say that everyone who signs a non-Disney-inspired petition to bring back an antiquated attraction is going to get their name on a plaque by Disney, who has no involvement whatsoever with said petition?

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

This may be the most ludicrous unintentionally (I hope!) hilarious statement I've ever seen on this messageboard. Who exactly is going to pay for the plaques? Disney? Who is going to affix them to the support? Disney? I can just imagine a bunch of attraction-terrorists jumping over the fences in the middle of the night to mount plaques to the supports.

Good grief.

Re: internet petitions. Here's an interesting article about them. http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp
They don't work.

On the other hand, if you were trying to get more people to post in your thread by making ludicrous statements like the above and quasi-offensive statements like "man up", then good show! Well done!

Obviously the "rumor" regarding the plaque was a joke..... Take it for what it is...
It was kinda there to make light of rumors regarding a previous post regarding building codes, lawyers and the government having to do with the Peoplemover not being re released...
I asked a poster to site their sources of the above reasons why the 'mover would not be able to be re released with no response...
I'm not trying to get anybody's goat here just trying to generate some discussion....
And its up to 1930 signatures.....:thumbsup2

Would love to sign,but I don't have internet yet.:sad1:
Just got my comp up and running and waiting to afford the rest.

Since there is not colouring for font I will respond in Bold.

Fair enough let them be built to said codes, at least there would be something moving on the tracks. If they have to be enclosed "pods", do it just remember to have some sort of AC on them unlike the new monorails. Who forgot that one?

The tunnels and interior stuff are load bearing walls which would require completely remodeling Buzz, Space Mountain, Star Traders, Star Tours and other sites.

Ok, so you are telling me that they are already load bearing walls. Why would they have to be changed? Unless of course, the track were to get wider or taller.
To have the peoplemover as it was when it first opened they would either have to make the tunnels wider or enclose the people mover. Thus I stated that the walls are weight bearing because I was looking at all options such as widening tunnels as well as redesigning the ride vehicles which are the two best solutions for getting a ride on that track let alone the original people mover.

The ride cannot run as the old days because of legalities including Disney lawyers, insurance companies, and various government agencies. These rules and laws would require that people could not stick things out of the ride which would mean enclosing each car with plexiglass that has air holes for example.

Wouldn't this fall under the "2010 codes" issue?
It is something different from codes. There is the ADA for example and then the insurance agencies will want a safe ride and the Disney lawyers will want a lawsuit free ride if possible and there are government agencies. Nowadays there is air pollution, soil pollution, runoff and a lot more. This is California which has some tough pollution regulations and there are the newer earthquake codes.

Where are you getting this information from? You know for a fact that a new Peoplemover has been shut down by the government and lawyers, if you could cite your sources....
As far as "manning up", It gets old because I see at least 2x a week people on this board complaining or whining about how much they miss the Peoplemover. It would take only a few seconds to sign the petition and possibly get the ball rolling....
I am saying that there are hurdles for any ride especially one on the peoplemover track. This is common knowledge and Disney is known for its legal deparment. The ride was shut down to renovate the park and was replaced by corporate agents of Disney. They wanted a thrill ride and thus was the Rocket Rods that turns a slow moving boring ride into one that people spent hours and had to climb a lot of stairs to get to just for a few minutes on that ride.

Manning up is silly as we whine and grip together as we miss things but do you thing they will return the flying saucers, the Pirate Ship restaurant, the skyway, the keel boats, Bear Country Jamboree, Tom Sawyer Island as it once was, the Indian Village, Tahitian Terrace, America Sings, Carrousel of Progress, History of Fashion, America the Beautiful and Fantasyland Theater? We miss things but cannot bring them back.

As far as your omelet statement I dunno what your talking about...[/QUOTE]
I have food allergies and eating an omelet would make me very very sick thus it is a polite way that I aint signing until Ocala gets 10 feet of snow in July. [/quote]

I asked a poster to site their sources of the above reasons why the 'mover would not be able to be re released with no response...
I did not respond because I am working howrses on Howrse, playing Pogo Monopoly Slots game with no luck, reading posts on this board, reading the Diva thread, going to the bathroom, crying, taking meds, drinking water, rubbing my nose, checking email and sleeping. I may be disabled but I do have a very im.. hold on I need to scratch my nose, ahhhh, ...portant job in life and that is making sure my mom is happy and taken care of properly.:scared1:

Since there is not colouring for font I will respond in Bold.

I am saying that there are hurdles for any ride especially one on the peoplemover track. This is common knowledge and Disney is known for its legal deparment. The ride was shut down to renovate the park and was replaced by corporate agents of Disney. They wanted a thrill ride and thus was the Rocket Rods that turns a slow moving boring ride into one that people spent hours and had to climb a lot of stairs to get to
just for a few minutes on that ride.

Manning up is silly as we whine and grip together as we miss things but do you thing they will return the flying saucers, the Pirate Ship restaurant, the skyway, the keel boats, Bear Country Jamboree, Tom Sawyer Island as it once was, the Indian Village, Tahitian Terrace, America Sings, Carrousel of Progress, History of Fashion, America the Beautiful and Fantasyland Theater? We miss things but cannot bring them back.

As far as your omelet statement I dunno what your talking about...
I have food allergies and eating an omelet would make me very very sick thus it is a polite way that I aint signing until Ocala gets 10 feet of snow in July. [/quote]

I did not respond because I am working howrses on Howrse, playing Pogo Monopoly Slots game with no luck, reading posts on this board, reading the Diva thread, going to the bathroom, crying, taking meds, drinking water, rubbing my nose, checking email and sleeping. I may be disabled but I do have a very im.. hold on I need to scratch my nose, ahhhh, ...portant job in life and that is making sure my mom is happy and taken care of properly.:scared1:[/QUOTE]

]I am saying that there are hurdles for any ride especially one on the peoplemover track. This is common knowledge and Disney is known for its legal deparment. The ride was shut down to renovate the park and was replaced by corporate agents of Disney. They wanted a thrill ride and thus was the Rocket Rods that turns a slow moving boring ride into one that people spent hours and had to climb a lot of stairs to get to
just for a few minutes on that ride.

I know that there are building codes, engineering issues, etc that each ride faces. I do know that Disney has good sized legal department. During what park renovation are you speaking of?
Slow it was, boring that's debatable. It started to go downhill when the Peoplemover was removed, it had nice handy moving walkways leading up to the cars. Rocket Rods did suck in regards to the stairs....

Manning up is silly as we whine and grip together as we miss things but do you thing they will return the flying saucers, the Pirate Ship restaurant, the skyway, the keel boats, Bear Country Jamboree, Tom Sawyer Island as it once was, the Indian Village, Tahitian Terrace, America Sings, Carrousel of Progress, History of Fashion, America the Beautiful and Fantasyland Theater? We miss things but cannot bring them back.[/FONT][/B]

By "grip" do you mean gripe? They are returning the flying saucers, its going to be in DCA. I really "thing" so. As for the rest I don't care. At least with the other attractions that you mentioned they are using the facilities that the old attractions once were in or inhabited. IE, it is not wasted space nor an eyesore as the Peoplemover track is.

As far as your omelet statement I dunno what your talking about...[/QUOTE]

I feel for you on the food allergy, I don't eat too many cheese omelets but would be bummed if I couldn't.

I did not respond because I am working howrses on Howrse, playing Pogo Monopoly Slots game with no luck, reading posts on this board, reading the Diva thread, going to the bathroom, crying, taking meds, drinking water, rubbing my nose, checking email and sleeping. I may be disabled but I do have a very im.. hold on I need to scratch my nose, ahhhh, ...portant job in life and that is making sure my mom is happy and taken care of properly.:scared1:[/QUOTE]

The bit about the bathroom is a bit too much, borderline gross.

Oy I got a headache now and am stopping this nonsense here and now. You are not good at quotes for one thing. Keel boats, motor boats and tahitian terrace were not replace with equal things. You asked and you got an answer why I could not reply. They are never bringing back the flying saucers because it is a slow loader and the technology was a problem like people dropping stuff onto the vents or what ever.

I am not going to debate over this issue. I stated common facts and then answered. There is nothing more to be said.:idea:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter