Reinstate the peoplemover petition

Maybe they will reopen the People Mover to coincide with the Tron 2.0 movie coming out next year. I really hope they don't since that ride was the slowest, most boring thing I'd ever been on and the Tron room was just weird. Not sure why the PM has achieved such cult status...

Please, for the love of everything, let the Peoplemover R.I.P.!!!!!

;)

Oy I got a headache now and am stopping this nonsense here and now. You are not good at quotes for one thing. Keel boats, motor boats and tahitian terrace were not replace with equal things. You asked and you got an answer why I could not reply. They are never bringing back the flying saucers because it is a slow loader and the technology was a problem like people dropping stuff onto the vents or what ever.

I am not going to debate over this issue. I stated common facts and then answered. There is nothing more to be said.:idea:

They are so bringing back the flying saucers in cars land. Check out Luigis, flying tires...I'm not asking for a debate you could have not posted. Man sometimes one should not be so all knowing.

Oy I got a headache now and am stopping this nonsense here and now. You are not good at quotes for one thing. Keel boats, motor boats and tahitian terrace were not replace with equal things. You asked and you got an answer why I could not reply. They are never bringing back the flying saucers because it is a slow loader and the technology was a problem like people dropping stuff onto the vents or what ever.

I am not going to debate over this issue. I stated common facts and then answered. There is nothing more to be said.:idea:

Tahitian Terrace, eventually became the Polynesian Review, later Aladdin's Oasis.

Keel Boats, at least there is one docked around the perimeter of the island, as a reminder of their tenure.

The motor boats, it eventually became a garden and smoking area.

The flying saucers, check DCA "Luigi's flying tires".

I never asked why you didn't reply, I stated that you had not.

Tahitian Terrace, eventually became the Polynesian Review, later Aladdin's Oasis.

Keel Boats, at least there is one docked around the perimeter of the island, as a reminder of their tenure.

Also, while these may not be "equal" in regards to their previous state at least they are being used... The Peoplemover track simply takes up space...

Okay, half my brain is screaming at my fingers to stop typing right now, and the other half of my brain has decided I just have to finally comment on this.

I'm sick of looking at it.
Ummm.... then don't look. I'm in the park a lot and I can honestly tell you I don't even know the last time I have had a single thought about the People Mover or the track.

I asked a poster to site their sources of the above reasons why the 'mover would not be able to be re released with no response...
You ask at 7:44am. You posted this comment about no response about 5 hours later. It is possible that she was - whoah - not reading DIS during that time?

...The Peoplemover track simply takes up space...
So.......? I mean seriously, who cares? It's not like there is nothing to do at Disneyland because an unused track is in the way.

...everyday I see people complaining about it being gone then an option comes up and no one takes it?
I cannot think of the last time I have read a complaint from anyone about the People Mover being gone. Now, you want to talk about Small World additions.... yeah, I talked about those, and guess what? I signed those petitions - without a single push from anyone. If people cared, they'd take action. If you see no one acting, well... that should answer that all on its own.

Would love to sign,but I don't have internet yet.:sad1:
Just got my comp up and running and waiting to afford the rest.
Okay, am I the only one here that just finds this post hilarious every time I read it?! :rotfl: Thank you darph nader! I needed that laugh, again and again each time I read it!

Phew! I got it out. I feel better now,
Dreams

You know, I may miss the PM but I'm not going to sign a petition to bring it back. It has no place in todays DL without a MAJOR revamp. I get a little nostalgic when I see the tracks but I don't go out of my way to look for them either.

I'm really confused why OP keep quoting one person, who clearly stated she was finished with this topic. She won't be back, stop quoting her. lol

I too think that's very funny Dream, count on good ol' Darph to give us a little grin. :)

Hugs Darph tight and is glad to see him.

Now to deal with the nonsense.
If someone rips out you favourite burger stand and puts a parking lot you should be happy, right? WRONG, it is not the same thing. You just do not understand that THE flying saucers are not the same as riding in a tire. The keel boats is like having someone take your car from you and putting it on blocks in front of your house, not the same thing.

Disney Dreaming do you remember sweephunter from VMK? Too bad VMK_Babs was not here, lol.:hug:

Sorry that I'm not part of your little clique. But regardless, the tire and flying saucer are using the same principles of levitation. Don't skirt the issue that you were wrong in regards to the flying saucer issue. I believe that they even compare the two in the Blue Sky Cellar presentation at DCA. Cheers.

Sorry that I'm not part of your little clique. But regardless, the tire and flying saucer are using the same principles of levitation. Don't skirt the issue that you were wrong in regards to the flying saucer issue. I believe that they even compare the two in the Blue Sky Cellar presentation at DCA. Cheers.
Kielbasa and hot dogs use the same technology but are not the same, lol.
She is my online dearest buddy from VMK and it retired and we have not talked in like a year and do not know each other except in that game but we may get together soon lol.

Kielbasa and hot dogs use the same technology but are not the same, lol.
She is my online dearest buddy from VMK and it retired and we have not talked in like a year and do not know each other except in that game but we may get together soon lol.

Its cool, I sometimes have issues in accepting that I am wrong as well. Cheers.

No offense, but I'm pretty sure it's a lost cause... As much as many of us would like to see it back, there were safety issues that couldn't be addressed to today's (admittedly litigation-paranoid) safety standards. I understand that the maintenance alone made it ridiculously cost-prohibitive. Plus it took up a lot of space. So I'm thinking that it might never be really practical for the DL suits to try to bring it back. Unfortunately. :sad1:

*cough* *cough* *cough* *cough* *cough*

I signed, however I dont think the people mover will ever be back. I also stated in the comment section that it wasnt nessarily the people mover I want. I just want something new on an empty track. Walt never wanted his parks to be time capsules, but like with the subs something new would work there. I dont think Disney will let the empty track stay up there for ever, the lagoon is full again (even if nemo isnt that great) and I believe someday the track will have something too.

I just want the tracks to be used... Heck, make the whole track a planter for all I care, or an aqueduct. Just use the dang thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter