Reinstate the peoplemover petition

We're looking at this thread out of curiosity. The peoplemover is a part of my fond memories as a kid, and they were part of the Tommorowland look that I prefer.

But I didn't care much for actually riding it. The logical thing would be to bring back the Rocket Rods and make it as originally planned. They had lost funding during producing it and that was the problem. I would've had banks and therefore wouldn't need to slow down before turns.

Sweet, its up to 1951 signatures. Maybe my elbow rubbing at the local Tea Party worked....

Viva la peoplemover!

Um, its the year D Land opened.

Umm, it was a joke Lakewood, because I wasn't born then....and my parents were really young. You know haha funny funny.....sheesh......
Usually people only say that when they are familiar with the year, for instance when someone says 1988 was a good year I say it was because my oldest DD was born then, the same for my other kids, etc etc....... :confused3 :rolleyes:

Oy I got a headache now and am stopping this nonsense here and now. You are not good at quotes for one thing. Keel boats, motor boats and tahitian terrace were not replace with equal things. You asked and you got an answer why I could not reply. They are never bringing back the flying saucers because it is a slow loader and the technology was a problem like people dropping stuff onto the vents or what ever.

I am not going to debate over this issue. I stated common facts and then answered. There is nothing more to be said.:idea:
I'm not trying to be mean or rude, but according to Disney, Luigi's Flying Tires is going to be like the Flying Saucers.
I think changing the original attractions into new and improved ones is pretty cool, but I'm afraid it's going to be another "Flik's Fun Fair" :scared1:

Okay, am I the only one here that just finds this post hilarious every time I read it?! :rotfl: Thank you darph nader! I needed that laugh, again and again each time I read it!

Phew! I got it out. I feel better now,
Dreams
No, that was hillarious, I think it was brilliant actually.
OT, but who were you on VMK??
I think I know you, I was PrincessSofia.

I just want the tracks to be used... Heck, make the whole track a planter for all I care, or an aqueduct. Just use the dang thing.
THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! If there were like plants or flowers up there... That'd be pretty cool.

You're such a tease!!!!!

Like Teki said, I don't necessarily want the PM back, but I don't like the empty tracks. I hope they do come up with something to go there.
I agree.

Hey Lakewood, Just an FYI here. Not sure if you have been there or not, but micechat is the place to go to rally the troops. That isn't to say that you can't try here, I just think that the culture on this board isn't the kind that you're looking for and you will probably get much more support (And more vocal) in that forum. We are much more laid back over here and more interested in talking about what is right rather than what isn't.

As for my opinion on the matter, I will say this:
I would love to see the PM tracks get some kind of use again (Personally, I think that either The Incredibles or WALL-E would make an outstanding theme for a new attraction up there) However, a petition didn't save WDW's Mr. Toad or prevent the recent changes to IASW so I don't believe that it will make a difference in this case. I'm sure WDI has a big star over those tracks in their wish lists so we'll see something someday up there.
I agree with your WALL-E and Incredibles statement.

The PM would bring back nostalgia, like the subs did. When attractions are recreated into something fitting with this time period, like the loved WALL-E, both generations would be able to enjoy it. The older set for the slight nostalgia, but still enjoying the new storyline and the younger set for bringing out their favorite characters. I think it would really be something for families if stuff like this happened. It wouldn't just be a ride to appease the kids, it would be history as well.
Just my 2 cents!

Thsi subject has been discussed on the internet until it is a dead matter.

!. The rides are under grandfather clauses until they have major renovations or are replaced. Thus the new people mover would be built by the codes of 2010.

2. The tunnels and interior stuff are load bearing walls which would require completely remodeling Buzz, Space Mountain, Star Traders, Star Tours and other sites.

3. The ride cannot run as the old days because of legalities including Disney lawyers, insurance companies, and various government agencies. These rules and laws would require that people could not stick things out of the ride which would mean enclosing each car with plexiglass that has air holes for example.

6. In summation we all want the ride back but know that the money is better of making new rides, renovating kitchens, making allergen free bakeries and kitchens, etc. You are not going to get anywhere with Disney with a petition because Disney listens to the government and its lawyers who have said no. "manned up" what does that mean? It sounds like you are goading us into signing but hun you would have a better chance getting me to eat a cheese omellette.

I have to agree....Disney knows what they are doing.

I have to agree....Disney knows what they are doing.

I never said it was or could return as it left. Yes, due to the ADA and other groups the Peoplemover will not return as it left.

Its up to 1975 signatures, keep it up people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter