Really worried

Hi everyone :goodvibes

I called Disney yesterday and re-booked for 3 nights at SL on 28th March, not quite a magical Christmas trip, but something to look forward to all the same, and there's always next Christmas!

I had to re-book for a date before 2nd April. I was told that they were offering the chance to re-book without penalty as a gesture of goodwill for those people whose flights had been cancelled, not sure it's something they normally do?

The first lady I spoke to had said that I could call again in the new year and change the dates again to a later date if I wanted, but the chap I spoke to this time wasn't too sure, especially as I haven't had to pay for this change. I'll be seeing MIL today so will offer her the chance to come again in March but if she says no I will be asking MY Mum this time!! Or I'll wait until January and see if I can change the dates to June which is when we are planning on going as a family with DH.

Apparently the SL rooms are going to have a Bambi theme after their re-furb, but you probably already know that! ;)

Hi everyone :goodvibes

I called Disney yesterday and re-booked for 3 nights at SL on 28th March, not quite a magical Christmas trip, but something to look forward to all the same, and there's always next Christmas!

I had to re-book for a date before 2nd April. I was told that they were offering the chance to re-book without penalty as a gesture of goodwill for those people whose flights had been cancelled, not sure it's something they normally do?

The first lady I spoke to had said that I could call again in the new year and change the dates again to a later date if I wanted, but the chap I spoke to this time wasn't too sure, especially as I haven't had to pay for this change. I'll be seeing MIL today so will offer her the chance to come again in March but if she says no I will be asking MY Mum this time!! Or I'll wait until January and see if I can change the dates to June which is when we are planning on going as a family with DH.

Apparently the SL rooms are going to have a Bambi theme after their re-furb, but you probably already know that! ;)

What happened Belle, did you have a trip planned that you had to cancel because of the weather...?

First of all, I'm so pleased you have rebooked :goodvibes March will be here sooner than you think!
As for SL - I got some info from them about the refurb when I booked the other day. Until end of April, Montana rooms will continue to be in main building and from May the more expensive Montana rooms will be the newly refurbed rooms in the outer buildings.
What this could mean for you is that some of the cheaper standard rooms in the outer buildings are bound to be already refurbed by 28th March, so you could phone and request one I'm sure :thumbsup2
They are definitely to have a Bambi theme, and I think they must be significantly better if Disney think it is OK to charge Montana prices for them even though they don't have the location!
Hope that all makes sense! And hope you and Isabelle are OK after your disappointment this weekend :grouphug: I would be in floods of tears!

Did Fiona go and get home? Its snowing pretty bad here in Scotland again!:scared1:

What happened Belle, did you have a trip planned that you had to cancel because of the weather...?

Yes, we should have been there this weekend but our flight was cancelled ... :sad1:

Oh Jenny, I'm sorry. :hug: At least you've re-booked. Get yourself a new ticker, that may help a little.

I see Fiona's not been around so hopefully that's a good sign and meant that she managed to get there.

After a busy weekend digging the car out of heavy snow and an ill DW, just been catching up. Nothing from Fiona so hopefully she's there but Edinburgh airport is now closed and all the buses have stopped (I'm stuck at work :sad1: ).

She might have been worrying about the journey there but I suspect she might be stranded for a bit.... :sad2:

Hopefully she's had a good time though and the kids have enjoyed it :cool1:

Hi Everyone, we're home after a freezing and stressful weekend. We got home at 1am last night and just beat the snow home. I'll fill you all in later. We loved the Christmas decorations around the park and it looked beautiful. The parks were the busiest I have ever experienced. The whole weekend was just so stressful. I have never been so glad to get home. I wished the whole weekend away worrying about getting home and have no desire to ever return at Christmas again.

Hi Everyone, we're home after a freezing and stressful weekend. We got home at 1am last night and just beat the snow home. I'll fill you all in later. We loved the Christmas decorations around the park and it looked beautiful. The parks were the busiest I have ever experienced. The whole weekend was just so stressful. I have never been so glad to get home. I wished the whole weekend away worrying about getting home and have no desire to ever return at Christmas again.

Thats god you got home I have been worrying about you every day!!!!!lol

I'm glad you're home safe FifiRose, have to admit I'd have been really stressed out too with all the travel chaos - its not what you need when you're only away for a few days, is it?

Fiona,

Glad you got there and home again

So sorry you didn't enjoy it though, I would have been the same I think.

We are supposed to be going next Tuesday, the 14th. Joe's Granny has paid for the 3 of us to stay at DLH for 3nights, will be great if we get there and home again but feel we can't really look forward to it the same and I'm not telling Joe till Monday night....

Also I am getting to transfer my dates for cancelled trip, hopefully to a time for better weather...

Wendy x

Glad you're safely home, Fiona. When we went to WDW for Christmas last year we were really lucky and managed to escape the snow by the skin of our teeth (it started the day we left) but that narrow escape, coupled with this year's repeats, has put me off travelling this time of year too.

What with the ash cloud earlier in the year and now this weather, 2010 hasn't been the best year for travel. :sad2:

Oh God, it's terrible to think that this bad weather might put people off going to DLP at Christmas. This was my 7th Christmas trip and yet it was the first time I ever had any trouble. Yes it was horrendous to be stranded at Charles de Gaulle with my 6 year old daughter and and my mother in her 60s trying to find a room at the airport, trying to get transferred to another flight, arriving at the airport the next day for that transferred flight to find abosolutely no record of us on the system and then sitting in the airport on standby (and that was with Air France not a no-frills airline).

But as someone else said, exactly the same thing could have happened at other times in the year because of the ash cloud or because of the French strikes. Don't give up on Christmas at DLP, I love that time of year there and wouldn't let the hell I went through this year put me off, but if it was your first time for a winter trip I can see why you would think of avoiding it in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter