Really worried

FiFi Rose

<font color=red>The last time we didn't even get s
We are due to fly out on Friday from Edinburgh Airport. We have heavy snow and the airport has been closed on and off. I'm really worried about travelling.

What happens if we get there but can't get back? Will they transfer us onto another flight, help us find a hotel, will my children have to sleep on the floor in CDG...

Does anybody have an emergency contact list they take with them? I'm thinking we need to take the laptop so we habe a way of searching for hotels etc. Has anybody been in this situation and have any advice.

This is really ruining the magic for me and I'm starting to wish I wasn't going:scared1:

Awww hun :hug: don't wish that! If you set off now, you could probably drive! ;)

If you get there, and it looks like you may not get back, check with the concierge at your hotel, don't set off for the airport until you're sure you can fly. Better to be stuck at the hotel than at the airport.

I'm sure this must have happened to people when the volcanic ash cloud was causing mayhem, I know my friend got stuck at Disney in America and Disney put them up until they could fly home - not sure if that would be the same in Paris though?

Do you have someone back at home you can call to do the investigating on your behalf?

How did you book? Did you use a travel agent, if so, they may be able to offer advice? :confused3

Hang in there! :wizard:

Thank you:hug: The road between Perth and Edinburgh is closed. I booked myself direct with easyjet and travelrepublic.

Think your right if I do get there I was going to take our suitcases into the park on the last day, but I may just leave them at the Dreamcastle and check from there before we leave to make sure the airport is open.

I suppose if its that bad we'll all be stuck and new people won't be arriving to fill the rooms.

I don't think you'll need this and hope you won't have to use it but I got a good CDG hotel through hotwire.

Hope you get there and back safely!:)

Right as far as I know..we were stuck in october because of no fuel, flights weren't taking off etc....

for insurance purposes you need to be at the airport so they can deal with you there and get you on another flight..they might put other people on standy by..being at the hotel is no use to you..

now this is what I was told if you have seperate bookings ie my easy jet flight was not a package with my holiday...so if you booked in a oner this info might be wrong..

good luck... I 100% feel your pain x

We did book separately. So I should go to the airport. Think I'll pack a few fleece blankets in the carry on luggage for the kids just in case. Thats assuming we even get to Edinburgh in the first place, haven't been out of our street since Saturday and its still snowing.

I'm thinking of telling the kids earlier. Ruins the surprise but the pressure of all this worry is getting too much.

Really, really hope it all works out for you on Friday :hug: We're flying (hopefully) from Glasow on Monday but currently unable to get out of our street! Glasgow airport does seem to be less affected than Edinburgh atm tho. Sending you lots of :goodvibes:goodvibes and hope its all cleared by Friday for you!

Schools are off again tomorrow and the snow just keeps coming:sad1: Have decided to keep the secret until friday as planned. Theres no point ruining it when I might be worrying about nothing. The girls are going to be devastated if we don't get.

Fiona

Quite a few flights got from Edinburgh today so better than the last two days. Forecast for tomorrow sounds a wee bit better for here anyway. It always takes them a few days to get organised with the snow so hopefully by Friday they will be on top of things. Can you get the train from Dundee to Edinburgh if roads still bad, did see airport buses and plenty of taxis going in and out last night when we were there.

As for getting stuck, we were concerned about that as well, would think things at Edinburgh airport will only get better rather than worse. We were stuck at CDG once years ago, missed our Easyjet flight and they got us on another one. Even at worst they should be able to get you somewhere in UK then its easier to get home but I doubt that would happen.

Know how you feel though, yesterday wasn't much fun at all.

Fingers crossed for you....

Wendy x

right I swear I'm not trying to stress you more and thing is you probably already thought of it but if the flights are going chances are you will be on stand by and your seats will be given to people already there from the day before...happened to us...but we mananged to scrape on the air france flight (Jan)..by the skin of our teeth...hopefully easy jet to it differently and manage to get more flights in for the stranded passengers..

my cousin left 2 days before us from dlp to scotland and she was asked to go on stand by......2 days later it was still back logged...

It is horrible and Im feeling stressy for you, it brings back that horible heavy feeling thats just basically h*llish...

Good luck and yeah take walk on luggage with plenty of things for the kids to do! xxxxxx

Oh I'm having flashbacks to may! I can identify with everything you're experiencing and I'm hoping and wishing that the skies clear for your trip :goodvibes

Best of luck to you and remember it's still only Tuesday :thumbsup2

Thinking of you Hun :goodvibes

on the news here that they have shut Edinburgh again til 6pm tonight..there is some people been in the airport for 4 days..if I were you I would seriously think about getting there some other way.:sad2:

just thought while sitting with a cuppa...right all those folk are at the airport..a weee percentage of them will be for easy jet..but it will be getting more of a back log as time goes on..they will HAVE to get extra aircraft in since its been going on so long..with us with airfrance they just used the planes that were there and didn't take on extra flights for them..but I do not think it went on this long..

so by Friday surely all those people will be home one way or another (gave up on holiday)..and by friday they would have had chance to clear the airport of old snow..ok you can't stop the fresh but you know what i mean...its 2 whole days away.. I reckon you will be fine..as long as you get there eh?..

coming back you will be fine..what does your insurance say about cancellations?...trust me I had the basic one and I was worried...but it turned out ok in the end..we got offered £800 euros, hotel, transfer, food and flight for the next day...that was with airfrance and without touching my insurance..wonder if easy jet do something like that?..as it was we were ok we got on cause I was a right moany coo!;)

fingers are crossed for you xxx

I HATE SNOW:mad:

We have had another 15 cm or so and another 10 cm forecast for this morning. Its already snowing again. I've just told my oldest DD14 and she is excited and upset at the same time. She's being very mature about it:hug: Going to keep it a secret from youngest DD6 unless we actually can go to the airport.

My little Beetle car is drowning. Its covered halfway up the door:sad2: OH suggest we take BIL's 4x4 if we try to get through.

Not sure what will happen with insurance. Is this classed as an act of god? Would actually probably be financially better for us if the flight was cancelled as would get refund from Ezyjet.

Gordon Bennett you have it bad there...we only have what 4 inches here (low ground)..what would happen with your holiday, would you get money back from that?

Gordon Bennett you have it bad there...we only have what 4 inches here (low ground)..what would happen with your holiday, would you get money back from that?

I think we'd lose the money for the hotel as it was booked separately and wasn't subject to change/cancellation. I'd got a good deal on the Dreamcastle, so we'd lose about £200 ish. If ezyjet cancel the flight we will get refund from them.

Thinking about your earlier post. There is only one ezyjet flight to CDG from Edinburgh each day and its not everyday. So hoping most people will just have cancelled (unless their French and going home IYSWIM!)

If we do get I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy myself now anyway. Will just be worrying the whole time about getting home.

I think we'd lose the money for the hotel as it was booked separately and wasn't subject to change/cancellation. I'd got a good deal on the Dreamcastle, so we'd lose about £200 ish. If ezyjet cancel the flight we will get refund from them.

Thinking about your earlier post. There is only one ezyjet flight to CDG from Edinburgh each day and its not everyday. So hoping most people will just have cancelled (unless their French and going home IYSWIM!)

If we do get I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy myself now anyway. Will just be worrying the whole time about getting home.

damn!!!..see this worries the poop out off me (sorry)..I've often wondered what would happen to the holiday money!:(...yeah easy jet only got one flight..John the transfer guy didn't belive me!..nah if you get there...you will be fine..they'll get you home!!:hug:

Really hope this all works out for you and you're able to get away.:hug:

We claimed on our insurance with More Than when were were delayed by fog, worse case scenario hope that you will be able to claim back too and rebook.

Really feel for you and hope you are able to get there (and back)
I'll keep everything crossed for you :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter