• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reading, seeing and hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
as a teacher,

I can recomend several good books. My personal favs are PEOPLE AND US MAGAZINE

ohh and the DISNEY CATALOG

that rocks

MOMOFMNM said:
as a teacher,

I can recomend several good books. My personal favs are PEOPLE AND US MAGAZINE

ohh and the DISNEY CATALOG

that rocks
I love those. They are my fav to read.

You Rock!!!

Oh and we are reading

A Wrinkle in Time

to the kids right now. Excellent story, still.

Horsey, you asked about movies too. Akeelah and the Bee is wonderful!!!!!! I loved it! Laughed, cried, and hugged my kids throughout. I took DS12 but DS6 would have been bored. See it!

Here's what I wore to the Legends Ball....

I borrowed the Gauchos from Lou....or was it Pongo????

poohingauchos.jpg

paslea_pooh said:
Here's what I wore to the Legends Ball....

I borrowed the Gauchos from Lou....or was it Pongo????

poohingauchos.jpg

I love pictures! what is a legends bal :banana: l?

And with all of the hoopla around the DaVinci Code here is an excellent biography of Leonardo Davinci but I'm not sure if it is still in print. You may find it if you search the web. It is by Charles Nicholl and it is published by Viking Press.

10hvs6s.gif

:)

horsegirl said:
I love pictures! what is a legends bal :banana: l?

The Legends Ball was the party that Oprah gave. You know, the one she's been talking about for a year. It aired Monday night. So she told everyone to get together with their girlfriends and watch together. The drink of the night was Lemon Drop Martini's. That is why I needed the Dunkin Donuts this morning. ;)

Hey Pooh, great picture (easy there hooP). I love seeing pictures of your house. The contrasting color in the plantings looks great! :thumbsup2

paslea_pooh said:
The Legends Ball was the party that Oprah gave. You know, the one she's been talking about for a year. It aired Monday night. So she told everyone to get together with their girlfriends and watch together. The drink of the night was Lemon Drop Martini's. That is why I needed the Dunkin Donuts this morning. ;)

and hence forth the drink picture over there! okay, i missed that! That is why you needed the java. okay, i get it now.

While I read a wide variety of books, anything from Nora Roberts (an author I highly recommend) to Stephen King to John Grisham, my daughter got me started on some of the ones below...

Quirky, fun, supernatural romances that are a series...

Mary Janice Davidson - Undead & __________ Series.
I think the first in the series is Undead and Unwed but I could be mistaken.
They involve a reluctant vampire and can be quite humorous.

Charlaine Harris - This series has the word Dead in every title. I can't recall the first but one is titled Dead as a Doornail. Once again, vampires but also other supernatural creatures such as werewolves, etc.

There are also some other series involving the supernatural, not all are as much fun (more serious, still romance) as the first two but still interesting reading...

They are... Jayne Castle (Jayne Ann Krentz)
After Dark - involves alien ghosts in a futuristic
setting on another planet.
Another in this series is After Glow.

Sherrilyn Kenyon write the Dark Hunter series,
I started with Night Play.
Once again, various supernatural
creatures.

Karen Marie Moning writes a series about immortals and other
mystical creatures. The one I read is
The Immortal Highlander.

There is also another series by Kelley Armstrong called
Women of the Otherworld. I read the ones about the
witches, Dimestore Magic and Industrial Magic
first but there are also some about werewolves and other
creatures.

In any case, have fun with whatever books you chose.

Smiles,
Diane =0)

I just read a book called The Alchemist and it was fantastic! Not a long read but really thought provoking. Apparently, it was a big thing in the early 90's but I didn't remember it. I found it in the library the other day, and boy was I glad I did! :)

The romantic in me loves all of Nicholas Sparks books (The Notebook, Message in a bottle etc...)

I also like "Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya sisterhood" and "lil Altars everywhere"

I think Brave New World and 1984 are awesome as well.

I haven't seen many recent movies, however I would suggest Crash and after reading Brave new World or 1984, watch the matrx really closely and I am sure you will be surprised. My Philosophy professor in college used The Matrix to sort of get everyone into it and then eased us into the classics by Adolux Huxley and George Orwell :thumbsup2

I thought we might coin a buzz phrase for all of us to use here.

Books.............................are for reading?

It does not have a good ring to it. Not catchy. So perhaps someone has a better one. That would be fantastic.

But it needs to be original and not one that has been used before. pirate:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter