Reading, seeing and hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my all time favorites is Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg. It's the book the movie was based on, but of course many more details than the movie.

The very best book in the world:

"How To Be Like Walt" by Pat Williams.

The best book about Walt Disney, ever. If you're a fan of Walt, and who here isn't, this is the book for you. :thumbsup2

hay Horsey,

I enjoy Philippa Gregory's books -- historical fiction based on the Tudor and Elizabethan England. My fave was The Other Boleyn Girl . They're all sorta similar in tone and style, so I liked that one best of the 3 I've read.

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Kite Runner
Easter Island by Jennifer vanderBes

I love Janet Evanovich....with your sense of humor I think you would really like the Stephanie Plum series, have you read those?

I just read "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoit. It was very, very good.

Cantw8 said:
I love Janet Evanovich....with your sense of humor I think you would really like the Stephanie Plum series, have you read those?

How sweet, coming from you with your sense of humor, I will pick Ms. Plum up promptly as I have not read her. Now I am sorry I had to leave the woohooty but well you know........a little tornado here... :teeth:

Well I love the Shopaholic books.
But I also love the Harry Potter one
Any CSI ones...

If you like a good crime/mystery series.....I like James Patterson's Alex Cross series :thumbsup2

You should also consider some of the great classics like 1984 by George Orwell :thumbsup2

I also love the Stephanie Plum series myself. They are so funny. I wish they would make a movie or a tv show on the Oxygen chanel or something I would be hooked.

I also enjoy the books of Tami Hoag. They are a bit mystery, romance, and scary all at the same time. They are all great but not Kill the Messenger lol.

A couple of my recent favorites are The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold and The Secret Lives of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd.

I'm looking forward to starting Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult soon!

Happy reading!!

I say Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone if you have not read it. Easy to get thru and you will find out if you like the Potter series or not.;) There really is something "magical" about her characters.

I am reading now...
Eldest by Chistopher Paolini
It is OK...

Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice
Pretty good so far. Certainly alot of parts left out of the movie.

Yup, I got hooked on Harry Potter too! I actually wasn't interested until I watched the Sorceror's Stone DVD over and over (the kids ... ya know ;) ) and got attached to the characters and the whole wizarding scene (the movie was extremely well done, I thought, and the characters so rich and memorable). I wanted to read the books and get all the great details that just couldn't go into the movies. Not to mention that they haven't even made movies of all the books yet! If you do get into Harry Potter it will give you reading material for quite a while!

tevagirl said:
I just read "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoit. It was very, very good.

This is one of my absolute favorite books of all time. You can feel every emotion there is when you read this book - especially if you are a parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter