READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sharing the Disney Parks Blog post from this morning about the DHS / MFSR FP changes.

Also includes included a vague reference about RotR: “We may include this attraction in the FastPass+ service sometime in the future and will share more information at that time.“

No no no no. Feel free to add RotR in April or later please and thanks, Disney. 😂

Or make it a 4th bonus FP haha.

Unrelated to RotR but for people coming after Feb 19th MFSR is now available for fp as a tier 1 along with SDD Everything else moves to Tier 2

This doesn’t affect ROTR directly but it could make a huge difference in crowd flow at DHS generally. Armed with FPs for MFSR and two other rides like TSMM, TOT, and RNRC more people might be inclined to get a BG and then leave the park for awhile. Throw in the opening of the Minnie Mickey ride and the flow could be a lot different in March than it is now.

I had just made FPs for our March trip on Tuesday, and now I changed them around for our two DHS days so I have FPs for 6 different major rides. Much better.

I think the stage is set for adding ROTR and the Mickey RR to tier one sometime in the future.

This doesn’t affect ROTR directly but it could make a huge difference in crowd flow at DHS generally. Armed with FPs for MFSR and two other rides like TSMM, TOT, and RNRC more people might be inclined to get a BG and then leave the park for awhile. Throw in the opening of the Minnie Mickey ride and the flow could be a lot different in March than it is now.

I had just made FPs for our March trip on Tuesday, and now I changed them around for our two DHS days so I have FPs for 6 different major rides. Much better.

I think the stage is set for adding ROTR and the Mickey RR to tier one sometime in the future.

Agree with you on all counts, and we share an arrival day :)

No no no no. Feel free to add RotR in April or later please and thanks, Disney. 😂

Or make it a 4th bonus FP haha.

I can't decide if I want it to be added in April or not. My friends are coming down and doing the 5k and 10k star wars run. The Saturday (10k day) is our only day in the parks as we are blacked out Thurs and Fri (AP Gold/Silver for our group). I don't wanna be pushing time from trying to finish the race and getting to inside the park.

I just saw MFSR will start having FP in February. Wonder how that will change things for getting a BG and what to do after you try to get one

For my family it means the only things we don’t hold FP for on one day or another (that could possibly need it) are Star Tours and Alien Swirling Saucers.

Our RD will be MMRR focused depending on what happens with that one.

Just sharing the Disney Parks Blog post from this morning about the DHS / MFSR FP changes.

It also includes a vague reference about RotR: “Also, please note that during this grand opening period of our popular new attraction, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, we will continue to operate the virtual queue system for entry. We may include this attraction in the FastPass+ service sometime in the future and will share more information at that time.“

MDE website is getting hammered. I was able to get into the selections for the 1st day, and only evening FPs were left. I can't get past the snowman now.

MDE website is getting hammered. I was able to get into the selections for the 1st day, and only evening FPs were left. I can't get past the snowman now.

All 3 if not 2/3 of my DHS days are still further than 60 days out so my availability was decent, but I had MDE issues. App wouldn’t work at all (constant errors), moved to the laptop and the website wasn’t loading the my plans screen at all and I got frequent errors and refreshes needed going through the FP way.

quick question for my survival next week- how mobbed is Starbucks before park open?
Starbucks is ridiculously mobbed.

Do you know if there’s another place selling coffee with a shorter line? Maybe a place that doesn’t make all of the fancy latte drinks - just basic coffee...

We bought coffee at the very first kiosk inside the entrance. They also sold coffee at the kiosk located at the beginning of Sunset Blvd. Look for a stand that has sugar and coffee creamer set out in the front and they have coffee for sale. And there weren't any lines, especially at the stand on Sunset Blvd. :) I don't know what brand of coffee it was but it was good.

I'm curious how this may affect RD. Granted after MMRR opens RD will prob be similar to what we see how. But our quick trip is Feb 26-27, so after the new FP tiers and before MMRR. If armed with MFSR/SDD tier 1 FP plus 2 AS2, ToT, TSMM or RnRC tier 2 FPs, the demand for RD should be lessened. In theory, this could lengthen the amount of time that BGs are available, if less people show up early for RD. BUT, I suppose that people will still come for the BGs at Park open. I'm just curious how/if it will affect RD crowds.

2 bad days and we’ve already forgotten what a normal day looks like??? 🤣 🤣

They aren’t flying thru BGs, this is actually what most days look like a couple hours in when the ride comes up at park open. I also can’t see any reason to suggest that they are clearly using smaller BGs. Unless somebody has sat outside and counted people coming out of the building I’d say we’re still at the same figure as before.

Nothing about this morning’s figures seems odd to me. Glad to see the ride finally get a good start 😃

And with the number of recovery fast passes out there, even counting people wouldn’t tell you anything since there’s no way to distinguish who is in a boarding group from who is using a fast pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter