• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line snakes around the building... look for the CM holding the sign "Starbucks line starts here". They have all stations working and are as efficient as you could possibly be with the thousands of people in the park at that point. If you're there early anyway, what else is there to do? lol I waited both days I was there and it really wasn't that bad. This girl's got to get her coffee :)
Do you know if there’s another place selling coffee with a shorter line? Maybe a place that doesn’t make all of the fancy latte drinks - just basic coffee...

So heres my take.

Clearly they are using smaller BG at this time. The last few busy weeks were probably “stress tests” to see how much punishment the ride could handle before something over heated or broke.

They are now dialing it back, and will give out less BG and More Back ups. Proably constrained from loading times versus peak efficiency, versus malfunctions. They are still trying to find the sweet spot.

I really do not think getting up at 4am is warrented at this point. As long as you are at the styles 30-45 minutes before opening you will be in the park and have the same chances as everyone else to snag a group. Getting that early group is totally random due to all the factors involved.

As for StarBucks, I hate that place on principal. So I will find somewhere else for my nibbles or get them before park opens

Do you know if there’s another place selling coffee with a shorter line? Maybe a place that doesn’t make all of the fancy latte drinks - just basic coffee...

On our morning (1/2) the little black roof hut/snack stand on the back of the building circled red below was open and selling coffee/drinks. Caveat that I don’t know if that’s an every day thing. No line of any significance when were were there approx 6:30-6:40’ish.

Drink at your own risk.

693973A1-B730-44D1-BFD8-8A2BCC903BD9.jpeg

Line snakes around the building... look for the CM holding the sign "Starbucks line starts here". They have all stations working and are as efficient as you could possibly be with the thousands of people in the park at that point. If you're there early anyway, what else is there to do? lol I waited both days I was there and it really wasn't that bad. This girl's got to get her coffee :)
DHS doesn't have a Joffrey's booth outside the gate, do they?

So heres my take.

Clearly they are using smaller BG at this time. The last few busy weeks were probably “stress tests” to see how much punishment the ride could handle before something over heated or broke.

They are now dialing it back, and will give out less BG and More Back ups. Proably constrained from loading times versus peak efficiency, versus malfunctions. They are still trying to find the sweet spot.

I really do not think getting up at 4am is warrented at this point. As long as you are at the styles 30-45 minutes before opening you will be in the park and have the same chances as everyone else to snag a group. Getting that early group is totally random due to all the factors involved.

As for StarBucks, I hate that place on principal. So I will find somewhere else for my nibbles or get them before park opens
along with the reasons you posted I also believe the dial back in "regular" bg is to have less people needing recovery.

This person found coffee at Anaheim Produce:

January 14th and 15th, walked over from Boardwalk and entered park around 6:45 AM. Grabbed a coffee at Anaheim Produce and had a seat right there on Sunset Boulevard. Using AT&T cellular, I opened the app exactly at 7 AM, just as they announced that boarding groups were available. Got 23 and 19 respectively. Thanks to everyone for the very helpful information.

Just to add a datapoint, my friend arrived at DHS at 8:15 and was unable to obtain a boarding group. So they ran out sometime between 8:03 and 8:15. (another poster knew it happened before 8:17, so I just wanted to tighten the window a bit)

Just sharing the Disney Parks Blog post from this morning about the DHS / MFSR FP changes.

It also includes a vague reference about RotR: “Also, please note that during this grand opening period of our popular new attraction, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, we will continue to operate the virtual queue system for entry. We may include this attraction in the FastPass+ service sometime in the future and will share more information at that time.“

It looks like they are flying through boarding groups this morning and are already on 9-25! Could it be that they reduced the size of the BGs or is it possible to go through them this quickly?
So heres my take.

2 bad days and we’ve already forgotten what a normal day looks like??? 🤣 🤣

They aren’t flying thru BGs, this is actually what most days look like a couple hours in when the ride comes up at park open. I also can’t see any reason to suggest that they are clearly using smaller BGs. Unless somebody has sat outside and counted people coming out of the building I’d say we’re still at the same figure as before.

Nothing about this morning’s figures seems odd to me. Glad to see the ride finally get a good start 😃

I don’t know if I’m more or less nervous for ROTR thanks to the FP changes.

We don’t have to worry about lines at the attractions now (save for MMRR which I am obviously nervous about as well 😂) as we pretty much hold FP for all we need, but now we are so heavily scheduled that RotR is bound to land in an awkward spot with 3 FP that actually matter.

Keeping us on our toes, Disney!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter