READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today. Tomorrow could be different.

That's pretty much been the norm for the last couple of weeks, hasn't it? We don't go until March, who knows what it will be doing by then. lol I know one thing, I need to clean out my f&f list to just those who will be there. Those seconds it takes to select people are costly.

Also practicing from home for the first time today 😂. Join boarding group didn’t turn red immediately, but I backed into check status and that worked. Does anyone know if it’s better refresh on my status page or open app exactly at 7?

Thank you to everyone on this board! Left Caribbean Beach in Uber about 6:00. Got to Hollywood in about 10 minutes. At 7:00 and like one nano second I started the process and got boarding group 5!!!!!!

Attachments

• DCF43520-FFF2-48CD-A6A2-80A426122594.png
    DCF43520-FFF2-48CD-A6A2-80A426122594.png
    79.1 KB · Views: 50
I'm curious, I have done the "practice from home" thing, but I only got as far as selecting the group. The app then told me "no way - you're not in the park" - change the group members... So how are you all getting back ups from home?

Also, with people pinging the system from home, isn't it possible we are all messing with the capacity of the servers for those that are there?

I'm curious, I have done the "practice from home" thing, but I only got as far as selecting the group. The app then told me "no way - you're not in the park" - change the group members... So how are you all getting back ups from home?

Also, with people pinging the system from home, isn't it possible we are all messing with the capacity of the servers for those that are there?
From home you can see when it turns into backup without joining
To your second question, not really since we're not at the park. More impact might be people getting fp at 7am

Good to know, I was assuming chances of riding went down significantly if you were in the backup groups.
it has only been a few days so far that Disney didn’t make it at least through a dozen backups, most days meaningfully more.

The app tells you before you attempt to join whether you're joining a boarding group or not. Since we're not actually getting to the point past just selecting your party, I doubt it has any effect on the system.

I would think it is the same set of servers regardless of whether we are home or in the park. I'm not talking about towers or wi-fi network. I'm talking about the MDE servers more specifically. I suppose it doesn't really matter in the long run.

Here's our experience from yesterday, Sunday 1/26. It's a little long, I'm sorry.

Parked around 5:55, through bag check and in line about 6:08, through tapstiles around 6:30. We found a place to sit right by HBD and waited. It was cold.

All five of us have the app and own accounts with everybody linked. As there have been a few strategies suggested on this thread, we each took a different approach. Amongst us we have Apple XS, Galaxy S10, Pixel 3XL, and 2 Samsung JV's. Half we're on Wi-Fi, half we're on data with Verizon, 2 had the app open and refreshing or clicking back and forth by 6:58. I opened the app when I heard the chime and the other 2 opened when it hit 7:00.

We got BG 102 at 7:01 using AppleXS on data and refresh method. (I think we didn't get an earlier BG due to my family being nervous and unsure of what to do initially. We have 4 more days and will try again. Anyway...)

We were in a backup boarding group. But I wasn't worried, as the day before the backup BG's started at 99 and BG 151 had been called (thanks The Chart!!!). We went off and enjoyed our day, built some droids, lightsabers, taunted a few Stormtroopers, hacked some terminals, had some libations and rode MF:SR 3 times.

We monitored the progression of the BG's and noticed the stalling throughout the day. We talked to a CM at RotR around 4 when the ride was stalled in the 60's, she said that our BG was still scheduled to be called.

Fast forward to 6:15pm and we had to head to Launch Bay for our DP reservation and our BG hadn't been called yet, but they were on 100 at that point. As we were leaving TSL at 6:22 our BG, 102, was called. We had a return window of 1 hour and had to be tapped in by 7:22.

I immediately went to the GET right outside TSL/Municiberg. At GET I calmly explained that our backup BG had just been called, but unfortunately we did have a prepaid DP reservation and asked if we could please get recovery passes (term CM from earlier had used). She asked how many more days we had left, 3 I told her. We didn't need 1 day tickets, and just we're requesting recovery passes for sometime in the next 4 days. We were all calm and jovial and she was happy to help.

Here's where I'm a little worried.
She scanned my MB, and then had me fill out a carbon form with all my information, and then she gave me a piece of HS GET notepaper with my name, show id, 5 anytime passes to RotR written on it. She said that she didn't have the capability at her station to enter the information, they would do it later when at a proper terminal. We were to bring that paper back to GS tomorrow and they could give us/link our passes. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm a little worried.

Even with not being able to ride RotR we had an amazing day. That being said we will try at least 2 more times on out trip.

Here's our experience from yesterday, Sunday 1/26. It's a little long, I'm sorry.

Parked around 5:55, through bag check and in line about 6:08, through tapstiles around 6:30. We found a place to sit right by HBD and waited. It was cold.

All five of us have the app and own accounts with everybody linked. As there have been a few strategies suggested on this thread, we each took a different approach. Amongst us we have Apple XS, Galaxy S10, Pixel 3XL, and 2 Samsung JV's. Half we're on Wi-Fi, half we're on data with Verizon, 2 had the app open and refreshing or clicking back and forth by 6:58. I opened the app when I heard the chime and the other 2 opened when it hit 7:00.

We got BG 102 at 7:01 using AppleXS on data and refresh method. (I think we didn't get an earlier BG due to my family being nervous and unsure of what to do initially. We have 4 more days and will try again. Anyway...)

We were in a backup boarding group. But I wasn't worried, as the day before the backup BG's started at 99 and BG 151 had been called (thanks The Chart!!!). We went off and enjoyed our day, built some droids, lightsabers, taunted a few Stormtroopers, hacked some terminals, had some libations and rode MF:SR 3 times.

We monitored the progression of the BG's and noticed the stalling throughout the day. We talked to a CM at RotR around 4 when the ride was stalled in the 60's, she said that our BG was still scheduled to be called.

Fast forward to 6:15pm and we had to head to Launch Bay for our DP reservation and our BG hadn't been called yet, but they were on 100 at that point. As we were leaving TSL at 6:22 our BG, 102, was called. We had a return window of 1 hour and had to be tapped in by 7:22.

I immediately went to the GET right outside TSL/Municiberg. At GET I calmly explained that our backup BG had just been called, but unfortunately we did have a prepaid DP reservation and asked if we could please get recovery passes (term CM from earlier had used). She asked how many more days we had left, 3 I told her. We didn't need 1 day tickets, and just we're requesting recovery passes for sometime in the next 4 days. We were all calm and jovial and she was happy to help.

Here's where I'm a little worried.
She scanned my MB, and then had me fill out a carbon form with all my information, and then she gave me a piece of HS GET notepaper with my name, show id, 5 anytime passes to RotR written on it. She said that she didn't have the capability at her station to enter the information, they would do it later when at a proper terminal. We were to bring that paper back to GS tomorrow and they could give us/link our passes. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm a little worried.

Even with not being able to ride RotR we had an amazing day. That being said we will try at least 2 more times on out trip.
I should probably know this, but what is DP?

Join boarding group wouldn't turn red at 7am despite refresh and exit and reentering app. At 7:01 it allowed me to join, backup group. 😒 Good thing I was just practicing from home!
I didn't have my phone right next to me. Looked up and it was 7:00- jumped up, grabbed my phone and loaded up the app. That probably took under 20 seconds and at that point I would've gotten in the initial bg's. It did take a couple of seconds for it to turn red. I don't know that if I'd been in the park I wouldn't have panicked and logged back out rather than just wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter