READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I saw someone with 120 on another board say they had gotten notice that their boarding group could not be accommodated today. Has your daughter not received any kind of notice to that effect yet?

Yes, she did receive that notification early this afternoon. She’s just curious because she saw that they are still calling backup groups this evening.

If she got a notice then she’s more than likely not going to be accommodated.

Thanks for the help, She’s going to try again tomorrow.

Apparently, her husband’s military ticket didn’t scan properly this morning delaying their entrance. I told them to get there a little earlier next time. Just 1 minute can make the difference between riding and not.

Apparently, her husband’s military ticket didn’t scan properly this morning delaying their entrance. I told them to get there a little earlier next time. Just 1 minute can make the difference between riding and not.
hopefully they will have better luck tomorrow and the ride will have a better day.

Steve Bloom is reporting on the Touring Plans forum that 1 Hour windows were in effect before 8:07 and after 4:42.

He also said that Disney isn’t enforcing the return windows, has anyone here seen a post from someone who was or wasn’t rejected for coming back too late?
They don’t enforce it if the ride went down your return window. That happened to me Wednesday. I had group 13, the ride went down for almost 2 hours within 15 min of getting called around 9am. I went back in the mid afternoon to ride.

I feel I say this once a day in the thread and, again, not negating anyone feeling their feelings. This is the only method that works right now to experience the ride. And it's not Disney's ideal scenario
The alternative:
1) not have the attraction open at all until they figure out how to get it to work more efficiently (which they've been doing for over a year now and still haven't figured it out)
2) open standby and have people lining up for hours without knowing if or when they will ride and not being to experience anything else in the parks
3) offering fp. The app crashing daily at 7am and having most people not be able to get a fp. Increasing wait times and uncertainty of the standby line

IF you want to experience the attraction right now just be at the park before opening, join a bg at opening and you will have a 99% chance of riding same day
I think Disney are in a tough spot, but I honestly think they need to close the ride until they figure things out.
People are arriving at the park at 6.30 am and still not getting to ride or riding half a ride.
We were there on Wednesday after being given Fastpasses when the ride broke down on us a few days before. We tried to ride in the morning and waited 30 mins but the ride went down. What’s frustrating is that the CM’s were telling people that it may be back up in 5-10 minutes, but they didn’t know. I’m pretty sure that it’s widely known that ride takes 90 mins to reset so that just wasn’t true. We returned 2 hours later and it was still down. We returned again an hour after that and yay, they said it was working. Hubby and 5 year old Star Wars mad son went on first (we were doing rider switch) they came off 10-15 mins later and the first 2 bits of the ride were missing and they walked onto the back of the 3rd part which really ruined the magic for my boy. Then the lighting was on full power for the remainder of the ride. When they came off they were immediately offered Fastpasses again. CM’s said they were unable to tell people that only part of the ride was functioning prior to them riding. We returned to the ride later in the day and yet again it was down. We tried once more just before leaving and hubby and little boy managed to get on again. This time the ride seemed to be working but at the end of the 3rd part of the ride they were told by a CM ‘follow me please’ then led through a cast area without being told what was happening, other than being told that they needed to put their phones away as they were backstage, and led off the ride as it had gone down yet again. Again they were offered anytime Fastpasses to return.
my little boy was devastated and cried for about 30 minutes. Heck grown men were getting very upset with the CM’s. Many of them had gotten their families up at 5am to get to the park early to get a BG. It’s really not good enough. personally I would rather them shut it down and try and get things figured out rather than than have so many unhappy guests who have wasted an entire day trying to ride one attraction. The line for guest relations on the way out was wild.
we had the option to return the next day but we had already made plans at MK and as we have 2 young girls (3 and 1) we made the decision not to change our plans. I’m glad as from following this thread and other pages the ride had significant down time and we may well have had a wasted day yet again.
We talked with families who were only on 3/4 day vacations and this had basically taken up their entire day.
I totally understand that Disney don’t really want to upset guests by shutting the ride down for an extended period, but I really think it’s the only option. Just as they do with other ride closures, give appropriate notice but don’t give a reopen date.
we are huge Star Wars fans here (girls are named Rey and Leia) so I don’t say this lightly but I honestly wish that RoTR had not been open as it genuinely caused us to waste 4 days of our vacation.

They don’t enforce it if the ride went down your return window. That happened to me Wednesday. I had group 13, the ride went down for almost 2 hours within 15 min of getting called around 9am. I went back in the mid afternoon to ride.

Also our experience. We were told by CM to come back anytime today to ride. We joined the queue at 5:24pm and exited at 6:24pm. By the time we came out the outdoor queue was full. Thanks to this thread we knew to join before the end of night craziness.

This thing is Amazing. I have a feeling one of the areas was missing its effects but did not detract overall for us.

Just for fun here's my little Padawan who got to hold the banner today :)

Attachments

• 20200126_170057.jpg
    20200126_170057.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 79
With an attraction that’s this popular and this unreliable, there’s obviously no perfect solution to getting a chance to ride. But I’m starting to wonder if they should try a system that is a combination of FP+ and boarding groups. What if they made ROTR a ride option when selecting FPs but instead of a return time window you got a BG number. It would count as one of your 3 FPs for the day and you couldn't make a ROTR BG if you have FPs at other parks.

I know with FP+ you risk having spots taken up by people who end up not showing up, but at least a system like this would alleviate the inconvenience of going early and getting shut out, as well as the massive crowds and immediate long waits at opening. As I said, it’s not perfect, but it’s easier to plan around. It would also hopefully cut down on the people who devote every morning of their trip to trying to get a BG and riding multiple days. People will realistically want FPs at other parks, so if you want to do that, you can’t get ROTR.

A system like this would probably constantly crash the app though with even more people trying. But I’d be less upset about missing out if I did it from the comfort of home rather than getting up early and going all the way to the park. :confused3

With an attraction that’s this popular and this unreliable, there’s obviously no perfect solution to getting a chance to ride. But I’m starting to wonder if they should try a system that is a combination of FP+ and boarding groups. What if they made ROTR a ride option when selecting FPs but instead of a return time window you got a BG number. It would count as one of your 3 FPs for the day and you couldn't make a ROTR BG if you have FPs at other parks.

I know with FP+ you risk having spots taken up by people who end up not showing up, but at least a system like this would alleviate the inconvenience of going early and getting shut out, as well as the massive crowds and immediate long waits at opening. As I said, it’s not perfect, but it’s easier to plan around. It would also hopefully cut down on the people who devote every morning of their trip to trying to get a BG and riding multiple days. People will realistically want FPs at other parks, so if you want to do that, you can’t get ROTR.

A system like this would probably constantly crash the app though with even more people trying. But I’d be less upset about missing out if I did it from the comfort of home rather than getting up early and going all the way to the park. :confused3

I think they’ve got to stick with this system until it can be fully moved to the FP+/standby that we know. I just really wish they would stop sending people through when it’s not mostly working right. An effect or two okay, but nothing that makes the experience significantly different.

Unpopular opinion, I’d rather see more downtime.

13 pages of comments today - good job guys!

Here it is...THE CHART

2 Notes for today:
First DHS day with some people being given 1 hour return windows
First DHS day with Backups being called until 1 hour before park close

View attachment 468669
Aw man, It’s like sending your kid off to college and then seeing them succeed! 🤣 the chart lives on

Last edited:

May the force be with them! We are going to give this our first try tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter