Quick Fort Updates

At the Fort again for a quick trip, sans dogs this time.

Went to Trailā€™s End for breakfast, itā€™s basically the same offerings which P&Jā€™s used to offer.

For lunch/dinner I noticed that they put out 1 of each item, then they replenish when something is taken.

My husband thought the pizza looked good but we didnā€™t get any this time around.

They have replaced the picnic tables around the Settlement with ones made from the same composite material as the porch rocking chairs. Iā€™m happy about this change, the old metal ones had sharp edges and I would get cuts and scratches on my legs.

There are chairs and tables on Clementineā€™s Beach now and some benches were set up as stadium seating near the Fort food truck. I assume they are for watching fireworks.

A good amount of sites are decorated for Halloween but we havenā€™t gone through the loops as we hit the parks yesterday and today.

We are at the boat launch this morning waiting for the MK boat and saw this.

IMG_3332.jpeg

Per the MK boat CM, they are working it into the schedule and right now, itā€™s only in the evening/night.

The Fort food truck seems to be closed. I asked a chef who was walking by if there would be a food truck by the campfire area. She said not on an everyday basis, but starting 10/2, the food truck rally would be at the campfire area every Monday and Tuesday.

Some of the new picnic tables are wheelchair accessible. I think thatā€™s awesome!

We sat on the rocking chairs on the porch and I have to say they were comfy. They rocked better than the old ones. They need to change out the ones at the Lodge to these too. Those ā€œrockingā€ chairs donā€™t rock.

Some of the new picnic tables are wheelchair accessible. I think thatā€™s awesome!

We sat on the rocking chairs on the porch and I have to say they were comfy. They rocked better than the old ones. They need to change out the ones at the Lodge to these too. Those ā€œrockingā€ chairs donā€™t rock.

I just hope they bought 'quality'. My former workplace bought some composite tables (I'm sure the cheapest they could get) and they actually started 'splintering' due to UV and weather exposure. It wasn't so much that we got splinters per se, but they got very rough and gave us whatever the equivalent of 'rug burn' would be.

We are home now, but wanted to share some thoughts on the "new" Trail's End.

They seemed really slow during the week, but on Saturday morning the place was PACKED. Lots of people just standing around looking completely lost as to what to do. The majority of the tables were taken.

They only put out 1 of each item in the grab and go section. So that means 1 breakfast sandwich with sausage, 1 with bacon, 1 with no meat, 1 bread pudding, etc. So, what if everyone in your party wanted a breakfast sandwich with sausage? Well, then you have to go to the register and order and wait.

DH wanted a blueberry muffin but the tray wasn't labeled to indicate what kind of muffins were there. And the tray was at the top of the display case, so no way to see what they were. He asked a CM, they said some were chocolate chip and some were blueberry but they didn't know which were which. DH opened the case and grabbed one to look at it, it was chocolate chip. They told him he couldn't put it back, "you touch it, you buy it"(I mean, I understand why but...) so we had to purchase something we didn't want. They really need to separate the muffins and label them. The next time we went, we pulled the whole tray out and they were all chocolate chip >:(

If you want a chicken, ribs or chicken/ribs combo meal, you are better off doing mobile order. The meals through mobile order are $26.99 for fried chicken, $28.99 for chicken and ribs, $30.99 for ribs, and you get cornbread along with 2 sides. If you purchase the items at the grab 'n go section, you are purchasing each item separately and it comes out to be a good bit more money. For example, we wanted the brisket - $19.99 for 1lb of brisket, $7.49 for 1lb mashed potatoes, $7.49 for 1lb mac and cheese and another $6.49 for the cornbread. Total = $41.46 o_O

I asked about meal "bundles" at the grab 'n go and was told NO. We didn't try the pizza or ice cream this time around. The ice cream didn't look like anything special, just a scoop or 2 of ice cream, no sprinkles or other toppings available.

We didn't go to the "new" Crockett's Tavern, we'll try that out in January.

No hot drinks at the Meadow Trading Post, if you want hot chocolate, coffee or hot tea and you don't have that in your camper or cabin, then you need to haul yourself down to Trail's End which opens at 7:30. I'm not sure if the snack bar offers hot drinks, when I'm at the pool, I'm usually looking for a cold drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter